Thread: Chopped off the cat.

Chopped off the cat.

Hey guys,
    So I thought seeing as I can't seem to make it to the track for a while, I'd get a few things done on the bike. My question is, I've chopped off the cat and fitted a mid pipe. How important is it to have it tuned ? Still running the stock air filter. GSXR750 for those that don't know. Anyone recommend a tuner for Suzukis ? I have the basic Woolich set up on the bike but will get a pc if I need to.
    Cheers guys.

Hi ben
    Am running full system pc5 and k&n filter.2010 gsxr1000.
    Sometimes stock filter works best, had mine dyno'd by brad at bikebiz he probably can work with woolich.
    My concern was not hp priority more keeping bike from running lean/hot.
    Although most yoshi slip on's are 3/4 cat delete with no need for tuning.
    Last edited by nigelnobody; 01-04-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks mate. Yeah I'm not worried about horsepower. Just don't want to destroy the engine.

Get it tuned, Ben. It'll make a massive difference, and it'll keep the motor running at its best.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Yep sounds like a plan... Just got to find someone good.

I've got mine booked in at road n circuit (Moorebank )for a flash tune, install the auto blip and a Dyno run.
    There apparently pretty good. Other wise Harley at RB (taren point) but I think they only work with power commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, sorry, I highly recommend Road & Circuit too. Call Thomas, tell him I sent you

Does Road and Circuit work with Woolich? I have a dud KIT ECU that I hope can be 'undud'd' via Woolich...

I don't know, Ed. They do a LOT of dyno work though. Worth checking; they are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Does Road and Circuit work with Woolich? I have a dud KIT ECU that I hope can be 'undud'd' via Woolich...
    I got quoted 399 for the woolich reflash and 450 for the tune from BC performance but I've heard mixed things about them ... let me know how that works out along with the Brembos RCS, ta Ed
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    I got quoted 399 for the woolich reflash and 450 for the tune from BC performance but I've heard mixed things about them ...
    Thanks! I'm still in 2 minds on what route to take... I have the Bazzaz with quickshifter but never had it properly mapped and also have the KIT ECU+harness but even though it was set to 0 map, when I had it on the bike it was REAAAALLY down on power. No idea why... thought it could have been the harness or my old dash but then Wetty tried the ECU on one of his ZX6s and the result was the same. So it's got to be it.

I would love to be able to just run the KIT ECU with a stand alone quickshifter as it frees up a TON of space under seat. Woolich's website says they can reflash the KIT ECU and etc but tbh don't know anyone who's had it done so no feedback to be had unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    let me know how that works out along with the Brembos RCS, ta Ed
    Bastard, how did you know??hahaha

well no point trying to reflash the kit ecu... kit ecu programs offers the same function

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    well no point trying to reflash the kit ecu... kit ecu programs offers the same function
    Other than auto tune (which I probably wouldn't use anyway), yep! But there's a reason very few ppl tune the KIT ECU... and it's not a good one.

Ohhh nice. Can't wait to hear how that goes over the stock MC.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Thread Information