Thread: ASBK prep

ASBK prep

I was feeling cramped on the bike, made worse by my two busted ankles. So I just swapped out the Woodcraft rearsets (designed for a younger and more flexible man) and fitted Lightech with custom made drop brackets.

I was space-constrained by the muffler, and had to fit a different hanger (the bent one from the hayshed) to get an extra few mm, and even then I can't use the back-most position. But they feel like a bit of an improvement, so we shall see how they go on Friday.

Converting these 'designed for road shift only' rearsets into GP was a lesson in ingenuity and patience. I don't care to admit how long it took, so I hope it makes a difference!

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I was feeling cramped on the bike, made worse by my two busted ankles. So I just swapped out the Woodcraft rearsets (designed for a younger and more flexible man) and fitted Lightech with custom made drop brackets.

I was space-constrained by the muffler, and had to fit a different hanger (the bent one from the hayshed) to get an extra few mm, and even then I can't use the back-most position. But they feel like a bit of an improvement, so we shall see how they go on Friday.

Converting these 'designed for road shift only' rearsets into GP was a lesson in ingenuity and patience. I don't care to admit how long it took, so I hope it makes a difference!

Looks awesome made a huge difference when i got some rearsets that allowed me to strech out abit 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Nice work

Nice one Nick! If they were the same position as on your wet bike, I can completely understand the cramped position!

Your chain looks a little loose

I don't care to admit how long it took, so I hope it makes a difference!
    It took you an entire day....
    I know because I had to listen to you bitch about it, for that entire day!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post

oh the fun of it all, I'm glad I'm not the only one that embarrassed by how long it takes me to do seemingly simple tasks...

so a thread hijack but re set up what do you keep a note of after races / track days? I'm trying to learn what I can about set ups ect, m going to start keeping detailed record's of each time I ride, what the conditions are, set up I've got ect, '

Basically I've drawn up a little log to record
    Date-
    Track-
    weather-
    Track temp (if known)-
    tyres and pressures -
    suspension settings-
    each session 'best lap, average lap times ect-
    and general notes-

anything else worth taking special not of???
    gearing wont change much for me ATM, so ill just chuck that in the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    oh the fun of it all, I'm glad I'm not the only one that embarrassed by how long it takes me to do seemingly simple tasks...

so a thread hijack but re set up what do you keep a note of after races / track days? I'm trying to learn what I can about set ups ect, m going to start keeping detailed record's of each time I ride, what the conditions are, set up I've got ect, '

Basically I've drawn up a little log to record
    Date-
    Track-
    weather-
    Track temp (if known)-
    tyres and pressures -
    suspension settings-
    each session 'best lap, average lap times ect-
    and general notes-

anything else worth taking special not of???
    gearing wont change much for me ATM, so ill just chuck that in the notes.
    I usually do the same i also note how the bike feels and any changes on lines and if im faster through said sector. Its really good as i can now go back to my base setup 3 days ago where the bike was at it's best.

I need to get doing this. Got a lie detector now, so it's actually going to be making changes, noting feelings AND also seeing improvements or otherwise...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    I need to get doing this. Got a lie detector now, so it's actually going to be making changes, noting feelings AND also seeing improvements or otherwise...

I'm a spread sheet nut so knocked this up should go ok for a while. I can't seem to retain any information on my own...

Nice one! Flipside, whack a trackmap up there, different line choices/overall feels? I like it mate.

Lol actually in prep for my day with Alex I have 3 or 4 sixmaps print outs of each turn at the front of the folder. I'm Planing on being a good school boy. (And getting my $$$ worth)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixmaps? What are they?

I'm a spread sheet nut so knocked this up should go ok for a while. I can't seem to retain any information on my own...
    Nice work might have to get spread sheet savvy.

I was just hoping through being nice to Luke, he'd print me up a few. 😉

I was just hoping through being nice to Luke, he'd print me up a few. 😉

Im sure he can a probs put it as a attachment up here then we can all have one. ☺☺👍👍

Sixmaps? What are they?

Like google earth but better
    https://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/

I was just hoping through being nice to Luke, he'd print me up a few.

No prob but "mines" r1m specific note the varying pre sets available

I was just going to colour those bits in with crayon

I was just going to colour those bits in with crayon

I've said it before and I'll say it again..... MotionPro make the nicest tools!! Fitted new clipons to the racebike.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..... MotionPro make the nicest tools!! Fitted new clipons to the racebike.

It does look good... I think it'll get in the way tho; especially on the throttle side...
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Ha!!! Funny.

More MP bling.....

That tool looks amazing where are you getting all your motion pro tools from ??

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    That tool looks amazing where are you getting all your motion pro tools from ??

The good ole US of A. That came from.... umm, can't remember now. I was buying something else, and spotted it. It was cheap. I got the air gauge and holder from STG, as my air gauge was faulty, and likely contributed to my Hayshed crash (I had too much air in the tyres).

So that's for setting the angles yes????

So that's for setting the angles yes????
    Yes. Of course, it's just as easy and almost as accurate to just use a tape measure from the end of each handlebar to a single point on the tail. But nowhere near as cool

Yes. Of course, it's just as easy and almost as accurate to just use a tape measure from the end of each handlebar to a single point on the tail. But nowhere near as cool
    I love it it's all about the cool, cool is costing me a fortune

Unfortunately I'm still a looser at heart

I've done a long list of other improvements too, in the lead-up to tomorrow:

- Took a link out of the chain, to shorten the wheelbase.

- Fitted clipons (instead of the OEM bars) to get a bit of extra length on the right-hand bar, to improve my leverage on the brake lever.

- Revalved the forks (less high-speed but more low-speed damping), based on needing the change after the big geometry change last time on track at the ARDC day.

- Fitted much heavier fork springs (for the same reason). The forks feel very firm, but very nicely compliant. Oh, the settings are all from Rob at Well Sprung; he told me what to do, and I just did it.

- Slight gearing change from last time out.

- A new foam seat. My occasional offsider even cleaned the fairings for me!

- New brake fluid.

Hoping for good lap times now!

I'm still not cool enough to park on an angle in the pits! So you're ahead of the game.

I've done a long list of other improvements too, in the lead-up to tomorrow:

- Took a link out of the chain, to shorten the wheelbase.

- Fitted clipons (instead of the OEM bars) to get a bit of extra length on the right-hand bar, to improve my leverage on the brake lever.

- Revalved the forks (less high-speed but more low-speed damping), based on needing the change after the big geometry change last time on track at the ARDC day.

- Fitted much heavier fork springs (for the same reason). The forks feel very firm, but very nicely compliant. Oh, the settings are all from Rob at Well Sprung; he told me what to do, and I just did it.

- Slight gearing change from last time out.

- A new foam seat. My occasional offsider even cleaned the fairings for me!

- New brake fluid.

Hoping for good lap times now!
    Like a new bike.

Thread Information