Thread: ASBK prep

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've done a long list of other improvements too, in the lead-up to tomorrow:

- Took a link out of the chain, to shorten the wheelbase.

- Fitted clipons (instead of the OEM bars) to get a bit of extra length on the right-hand bar, to improve my leverage on the brake lever.

- Revalved the forks (less high-speed but more low-speed damping), based on needing the change after the big geometry change last time on track at the ARDC day.

- Fitted much heavier fork springs (for the same reason). The forks feel very firm, but very nicely compliant. Oh, the settings are all from Rob at Well Sprung; he told me what to do, and I just did it.

- Slight gearing change from last time out.

- A new foam seat. My occasional offsider even cleaned the fairings for me!

- New brake fluid.

Hoping for good lap times now!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I've done a long list of other improvements too, in the lead-up to tomorrow:

- Took a link out of the chain, to shorten the wheelbase.

- Fitted clipons (instead of the OEM bars) to get a bit of extra length on the right-hand bar, to improve my leverage on the brake lever.

- Revalved the forks (less high-speed but more low-speed damping), based on needing the change after the big geometry change last time on track at the ARDC day.

- Fitted much heavier fork springs (for the same reason). The forks feel very firm, but very nicely compliant. Oh, the settings are all from Rob at Well Sprung; he told me what to do, and I just did it.

- Slight gearing change from last time out.

- A new foam seat. My occasional offsider even cleaned the fairings for me!

- New brake fluid.

Hoping for good lap times now!
    Like a new bike.

Thread Information