Thread: 25th, 26th 27th April SMSP

25th, 26th 27th April SMSP

Who's in? I'm booked in green the 27th but thinking of doing the 26th as well,

Got a garage for the 27th could fit another 1 or 2 in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25th as well but I'll be throwing pennies

I'm there 26th

See you on the 25th! Did you book a garage that day too mate?

Night shift...

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    See you on the 25th! Did you book a garage that day too mate?
    Nar I'll be dawn servicing the 25th. Only got a garage booked for the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben750au View Post
    Night shift...
    Soooooo your off during the day then

hahaha after seeing old mates efforts last time i was there (he was there after a nightshift) think I will pass.

I'm heading up with a few others from Canberra for the 26th and 27th in red and garaged near the control tower. First time up there in 18 months so will be a bit rusty for the first couple of sessions.

Just booked the 26th as well and changed both to red. Might as well chase rather than pass.

Just scored a spot in Red for the 25th! (After 3 days of refreshing the booking page every 5 secs.....)

Usual garage: 19-20, next door to Glenn Allerton.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Woohoo! See you there mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Just scored a spot in Red for the 25th! (After 3 days of refreshing the booking page every 5 secs.....)

Usual garage: 19-20, next door to Glenn Allerton.
    Noice! Wouldn't mind a green group spot myself...

Will be there on the 25th with the wife. Might squeeze in your TT garage Marshy if there's room. I shall be chasing some body position/ergonomic improvements on the R6, and hopefully some 40's in Red group.
    Last edited by zooker; 21-04-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Sounds good! Come and join us

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    Will be there on the 25th with the wife. Might squeeze in your TT garage Marshy if there's room. I shall be chasing some body position/ergonomic improvements on the R6, and hopefully some 40's in Red group.
    Can I follow? I would love some 40's

yep, 25th and 26th

Anyone there with room for me tomorrow? Got garage 29 booked for we'd if not I'll try grab that early.
    Also what's the deal with leaving gear over night? I'll most liklley pack up as I have to bail at about 230. But can you lock gear up on track days? And leave a trailer on site?

I've left gear there a few times, but I've been there until the end and watched the garage get padlocked. Unless you know and reaaaaaaally trust the guys in your garage, I wouldn't leave it there from 2:30!!

You could always just pack your trailer up and leave that though. Let the staff know what you're doing. Track is locked from main road AND they have security, so I'd be doing that if i were you Luke.

I've left gear there a few times, but I've been there until the end and watched the garage get padlocked. Unless you know and reaaaaaaally trust the guys in your garage, I wouldn't leave it there from 2:30!!

You could always just pack your trailer up and leave that though. Let the staff know what you're doing. Track is locked from main road AND they have security, so I'd be doing that if i were you Luke.

Ta. If it's packed I'll prob just take it home.

Fair call. One of the best things, well, one of the really good things about doing back to back trackdays, is not having to unpack all your gear on day two. But then, I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures.

Managed to sneak a track day for the 27th in green . Im on the cbr 600 orange wheels no.64
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Managed to sneak a track day for the 27th in green . Im on the cbr 600 orange wheels no.64
    I heard you'd sold all your bikes, Rob! Lucky I was misinformed. Be good for you to get back on the track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Nice. I'm in garage 29 if your searching for a spot.

I just managed a sneaky last minute booking for tomorrow. All pack and ready. Woohoo!

Still 15 spots in red... Kinda hope no one else's books

Try not to enjoy yourselves too much... stoopid work... grumble mutter...

Try not to enjoy yourselves too much... stoopid work... grumble mutter...

Tell me about it. I can't get back to the track till June because of bloody work. Doing CSS on the 13th,14th then a track day on the 29th. Looks like they line up better for me after that though.
    Bikes gonna be a bit different... Will post pics when I'm done playing.

Here's a bit of footage from Monday following a couple of TT folks. Marshy's gardening took me a bit by surprise :P

Here's a bit of footage from Monday following a couple of TT folks. Marshy's gardening took me a bit by surprise :P

A bit of motorcross action there for Mr Marsh.

Great footage BTW

That was awesome to watch! Jeez my suit looks good

Nafe, you can ride!! I hadn't really seen you before. Looking good there mate!

That vid looked cool some nice riding. Although it's depressing me with my lines ATM.

I had good two days Tue was mainly to get a bit more seat time on the bike before a day with Alex Cudlin today. Managed a 143.886 yesterday a PB for me.

today was basically re-learning how to ride a bike.... So much to take in, but pretty much all the basics. Set up, not changing seat position a 10000 times and rear trail breaking.
    It felt shocking the 1st few session, much better by the last two, (all be slower ) double headers are hard work...

Fun watching the Honda boys wiz past today

had an awesome day today , good weather , full sessions all day and I even stayed to do the full 6 sessions. Was good to get back on the Honda and have some fun in green .
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

I was thinking garage 19 Plumb. I was in there next to GA's garage. Was asking everyone in the garage if they were TT. Might get some new members Nick.
    Was fun today. Great idea of SU having the seminar sessions from the likes of D.Cudlin. On a personal note shaved 3/10 of my best on some fairly second hand hoops. 1.41.000. 39's I'm coming for ya!

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 7.30.17 PM.png

Nice one Geoff! Yeh, I thought Marshy was trying to show me some lines, I thought to myself, if the grass is the line, you can keep it... Was a fun day out there, wish I didn't have a terminal case of manflu, it had my vagine all irritated.

Cheers for putting the vid up, I wish I knew what I was doing out there. Man I'm slow as shit through 11, 12...

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    That was awesome to watch! Jeez my suit looks good

Nafe, you can ride!! I hadn't really seen you before. Looking good there mate!
    You don't have to lie, I'll still buy stuff from you The suit is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    That vid looked cool some nice riding. Although it's depressing me with my lines ATM.

I had good two days Tue was mainly to get a bit more seat time on the bike before a day with Alex Cudlin today. Managed a 143.886 yesterday a PB for me.

today was basically re-learning how to ride a bike.... So much to take in, but pretty much all the basics. Set up, not changing seat position a 10000 times and rear trail breaking.
    It felt shocking the 1st few session, much better by the last two, (all be slower ) double headers are hard work...

Fun watching the Honda boys wiz past today

Rear braking? I thought the rear brake was for doing skids and riding slow through the pits whilst winking at chicks?! How was it, how did he describe it's use and application, and did you notice/appreciate its usefulness? I have not used it on track for anything other than trying to stop the bike wheelying when and if my foot is in the right spot/I think of it at the time.

I can't believe how quick you are progressing Luke, bloody well done cob!

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    I was thinking garage 19 Plumb. I was in there next to GA's garage. Was asking everyone in the garage if they were TT. Might get some new members Nick.
    Was fun today. Great idea of SU having the seminar sessions from the likes of D.Cudlin. On a personal note shaved 3/10 of my best on some fairly second hand hoops. 1.41.000. 39's I'm coming for ya!

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 7.30.17 PM.png
    Yeeew! Well done mate. Jeez, you guys had perfect weather out there today! I want a 40 sooo bad. Next friday, I'm getting one. I swears it!

25th, 26th 27th April SMSP

[QUOTE=zoidberg;26290]How was it, how did he describe it's use and application, and did you notice/appreciate its usefulness? /QUOTE]

Cheers Nath I'm really enjoining it ATM.

Pretty tired now so if this make no sense you'll know why..
    But basically he explained it as.
    Better steering. So if the rear break is applied it will compress there rear suspension if that's done at lean Angle it will cause the bike to tip in more/ easer. I found I was hitting more apex's and getting my knee on the ripple strip. Also for safety. Kind of the same as the but if your foots already on the rear as you run wide a little more will tip. Also if your going to run wide and crash it'll wash off some speed 1st . Lol

I was amazed coming into T2 how much later I could break using both. Just my Line through 2 and 8 is shocking.

While I'm at it he picked up that for some reason I'm pulling a bit right before I turn left. Like I'm picking up and throwing the bike into the corner. Pretty f#^king dangerous. Not sure why, but it got better much during the day...
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 28-04-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Thread Information