Thread: New Bike - 2009 ZX-6R

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Bike - 2009 ZX-6R

Been ghosting this forum for months, but I finally bought a track bike! My mates and I are all getting into Track Days and I seem to be riding less and less on the streets these days. They are buying litre bikes, but I thought I'd enjoy and learn faster on a 600. Plus it'll be cheaper on tyres.

It's a 2009 ZX-6R with 1470kms on the odometer. It was a 'repairable write-off' apparently, and converted into a track bike. I'm the third owner. The guy I bought it off did 300kms, and then his track buddy quit and he stopped doing track days. It sat around and then I bought it.

Stripped it back yesterday to see if it had any obvious scars. Just a few scratches and a small dent on the right Fork Tube under the clip on mount. Apparently it's been checked, and springs and valves updated by MPE Suspension, but I'll ask around and if it looks suss then I'll buy a new front end. Apart from that the rest of the bike was totally clean.

Took it for a small shakedown test, and everything looks, sounds, feels right. The tank has a wobble to it because the rubber tank spacers have fallen off so I'll go to Clark Rubber and make my own.

The fasteners used on the Attack Performance fairings are truly awful so I am hoping to replace them. And I need to find a few replacement push pins for the tail fairing.

In a month I have Lvl 2 & 3 of the California Superbike School at Queensland Raceway. Looking forward to learning as much as possible.

Note the 2 dead spiders in the dash.

Right Fork Tube

Last edited by Row; 26-04-2016 at 12:50 AM.

Thread Information