Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ardc 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Can do. Should be a solid turn out tomorrow.

Might get some one to show me how to rivet a chain, got all are gear no idea..
    And I might watch and act like I concur... or not. Depends on other ppl's facial expression at the moment.

I like your thinking Mr Ed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Might get some one to show me how to rivet a chain, got all are gear no idea..
    Watched this exact thing happen at Easter at MacPark ... then they tried to fit the Tyre warmer ... then they went and got another chain :<

Consider your gearing options ... maybe fit biggest gearing combo before you start

Measure (Think/Consider/Ponder/Check) Lots Cut Once (& rivet)

Was extra funny as the Guy dropped the chain during a race (lucky no damage) BUT had been told was too tight (set at road slack) and worn (Ultra light Non O ring)
    Last edited by Linden; 05-05-2016 at 02:57 PM.

I'll be early I'll grab two garages
    What time you looking at getting there Luke?

Quote Originally Posted by Mvmitch View Post
    What time you looking at getting there Luke?
    I'll be there just after 6 I'm up at 5 anyway.

Ok should be there around the same time.
    Keen but crapping myself at the same time. Just hope I don't hold to many people up on track.

Ardc 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Mvmitch View Post
    Ok should be there around the same time.
    Keen but crapping myself at the same time. Just hope I don't hold to many people up on track.
    You'll smash it new 1000cc bike chasing these guys it's a recipe for a PB
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 05-05-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Cannot bloody wait!!! I'm hoping to get there not long after 6. Have my R1M warmed up and ready for me Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Cannot bloody wait!!! I'm hoping to get there not long after 6. Have my R1M warmed up and ready for me Luke.

Mate take it for a session. I'm on the ape 1st up.

I know I know 1st world problems

For those waking up at 5, maybe wake up 30min earlier and enjoy a nice meteor shower! No jokes.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 05-05-2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: got excited by meteors

Who sleeps in until 5 nowadays?

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

Mate take it for a session. I'm on the ape 1st up.

I know I know 1st world problems
    Haha, tis a good problem to have. I'm interested in seeing how much your times have improved on the ape!

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it!

I haven't ridden the ape on the GP in prob 8 mths, did the south circuit early march, Only Managed 106s then. It's a great bike hopefully I'm just a few sec off the pace of "your" R1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice day for it and good to catch up with the crowd from tt . Next time I will bring the bike out and ride the track not just visit.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Thanks everyone for a great day! It wasn't the day for PBs but a great day nonetheless... Practice days are great to remind me of all the things that I either need to learn or need to unlearn 'cause I do it wrong!!!

Especial thanks goes to the MASSIVE help I got from the gents next door with the suspension settings! Bike did feel better but I reckon I still need to do something else to it as it's squatting a bit too much now... Will check the videos soon but I had a little moment on T1 that will illustrate the point well if I managed to record it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Will check the videos soon but I had a little moment on T1 that will illustrate the point well if I managed to record it.
    Found it. It does not look the best, you've been warned! Camera was sitting on really high mount so it vibrated like you wouldn't believe. Kinda surprised it didn't shut itself off actually...

Now back to point I was trying to make, I don't think having the rear step out like that out of 1 is normal... at least not on a 600. It hadn't done that to me before at least and it's not like I was taking it any faster than I usually do either.

Here's hoping some more compression will have it a bit more user friendly again!

What's normal for T1???? I'm the wrong guy to ask

I had a fairly good rear tyre in and I could feel it moving around thru there also. I think the whole track was cactus by the end of the day. Unfortunately it wasn't one of the better ARDC days.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    I had a fairly good rear tyre in and I could feel it moving around thru there also. I think the whole track was cactus by the end of the day. Unfortunately it wasn't one of the better ARDC days.
    Thats for sure! they should ban cars at these days then we would all be much happier ;-)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Well that makes me feel better about it... I was getting quite a bit of wheel spin through some corners like old T7 (pre oil) and especially T8. But all very controllable and I knew when it happened I was going a bit stupid on the throttle. But T1 was a bit of a surprise... did not like it.

Oh... I just realized who you are!!!! It tremendously sucks that it happened... no man deserves that luck. Glad to hear you walked away fine though!

Damn man, I heard you had a bad day today!! Any idea what happened?
    Bike really doesn't look too bad tho. New subframe, fairing stay and a bar and yer off!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Cheers mate,

Pretty sure I came in a bit hot and wide. Pushed hard to tighten up and lost the front. Pretty happy to be in one piece. Spewing about the bike it looked so good just 24hrs ago.

Video to follow. Tomorrow

Hey Marshy,

Thanks heaps for the twiddle on my adjusters. Felt amazing. Also thanks for doing my suspension.

Had a fun day yesterday even though there was a few big oil spills from the cars.. Nice to get the bike on track after so long. It was even funnier with the role reversal going on having Carl follow me on track and making sure I !! was ok. few niggles during the day but got down to a healthy 43 so happy with that. Just cant move much this morning im soo sore !! Thanks to everyone for a fun garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Had a fun day yesterday even though there was a few big oil spills from the cars.. Nice to get the bike on track after so long. It was even funnier with the role reversal going on having Carl follow me on track and making sure I !! was ok. few niggles during the day but got down to a healthy 43 so happy with that. Just cant move much this morning im soo sore !! Thanks to everyone for a fun garage
    Glad to see you got on well out there after the break!!
    How did the shoulder hold up?

It is very very very !! tired today as is the rest of me.. you dont realise how hard it is until you have had a very long break from the track / racing Happy enough though and no stabbing pains anymore so now I just need to start exercising more and working on the shoulder. put it this way Entries are in for PI

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    It is very very very !! tired today as is the rest of me.. you dont realise how hard it is until you have had a very long break from the track / racing Happy enough though and no stabbing pains anymore so now I just need to start exercising more and working on the shoulder. put it this way Entries are in for PI
    Yeeeeeeeeew!

Hey Marshy,

Thanks heaps for the twiddle on my adjusters. Felt amazing. Also thanks for doing my suspension.

Anytime mate. I'll just be careful not to make eye contact
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Ardc 6th

Here it is, entry speed is about 10kms faster than my usual, I cant pick anything initially, happy for any comments.

FYI apart from being a bit stiff and a large bruise on my hip this morning I'm all good. Suit will need to make a visit to Irena but i reckon its repairable, gloves are gone, bike shouldn't end up being to bad.
    pretty lucky all in all i just slid into the kitty litter rolled twice at the end once the speed had been washed off.

just the crash
    https://youtu.be/OJaACsIJAo0

the whole session crash is at 5min
    https://youtu.be/tUK19FXL75U
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 07-05-2016 at 07:34 PM.

It looked like you went in way too hot! Or is that just because I'm rubbish at T1?

You're too wide, by a fair bit. What speed were you doing when it let go?

Defiantly wide and a bit hot. Looks like 220 when I lost it.

I know I was pushing hard to tighten up. Prob gripping the shit out of the bars ...
    Should I have used a bit of rear to tighten up/ drop some speed???

I need to have a look on racechrono for a tip in speed but 220 at full lean I'm not doing... That I know for sure!

That was still moving fast when it rolled

The entry was way too far over the left for the entry speed

Fark !

Ardc 6th

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    That was still moving fast when it rolled

The entry was way too far over the left for the entry speed

I think that was cause I'd passed someone on the inside and not gotten back onto my usual entry line. Just watched some of my other vids use all entry speed is 195-205 so it's 15-20 kms faster and narrower tip in....

Hmmm Another lesson learnt the hard way I guess
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 08-05-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Mate... you're one lucky bloke to walk away from that! You were tipping in bloody fast! Seemed quite a shallow entry too. Do you think the line of concrete dust put you off a bit too? Very glad you're in one piece Luke.

Ardc 6th

Mate... you're one lucky bloke to walk away from that! You were tipping in bloody fast! Seemed quite a shallow entry too. Do you think the line of concrete dust put you off a bit too? Very glad you're in one piece Luke.
    Cheers mate so am I.

I it put me narrower passing than if it wasn't there. Not sure I'll get away with blaming this on the cars instead of myself just yet though.
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 07-05-2016 at 09:13 PM.

your front wheel was very close too, if not on the join of that square patch, that could have played a part too
    Glad your OK and the bikes not as bad as it looked :-(
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Defiantly wide and a bit hot. Looks like 220 when I lost it.

I know I was pushing hard to tighten up. Prob gripping the shit out of the bars ...
    Should I have used a bit of rear to tighten up/ drop some speed???

I don't think it was too hot, if your line wasn't as shallow. Personally I stay wide and turn in from the outside of the track, at a similar speed. That allows a quicker flick to then offer both tyres for grip, rather than just the front, as it appeared you were.
    That looked like you turned in from the middle of the track, early apex and asked the front to take everything. It was then amplified by the death grip!!!

Super glad you're ok tho mate. T1 dun't take many prisoners!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I don't think it was too hot, if your line wasn't as shallow.
    On a 600, yeah. But that's a thou.

Here's the vid of me chasing Wolfie yesterday. We're doing 38s & 37s.... but look at where I'm backing off on the straight for T1. Admittedly my T1 is pretty shit, but Luke didn't lift until a fraction before the slip road! That's nearly Glenn Allerton stuff. Look how much he gained on the bikes in front.

Wooo! That's awesome mate, good old turn 9, great place to pass.

I back off around the same area you do for 1. I try to convince myself I do it a little later until I view the footage, but I think the camera is recording wrong there somehow... I was puckering watching Lukes vid.

You found your pace again eh? I guess the multi coloured track at turn 6 got less slippery!

Top vid, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    On a 600, yeah. But that's a thou.

Here's the vid of me chasing Wolfie yesterday. We're doing 38s & 37s.... but look at where I'm backing off on the straight for T1. Admittedly my T1 is pretty shit, but Luke didn't lift until a fraction before the slip road! That's nearly Glenn Allerton stuff. Look how much he gained on the bikes in front.

I'm saying the bike would probably have made it with a better line. Not that's where you should be lifting off!

Ardc 6th

I going to chuck my last 10-12 T1s into the same clip and give it a good look at. I'm thinking that inconsistency could have contributed, I defiantly need more constancy, across the whole track not just T1

Last edited by Ruckos87; 08-05-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Ardc 6th

Thats awesome footage nick.

Last edited by Ruckos87; 08-05-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I'm saying the bike would probably have made it with a better line. Not that's where you should be lifting off!
    Yeah, fair enough. Here's Wolfie's view of the same chase (and can I just say that Jeez my bum looks good). Wolfie goes waaaay deeper into T1 than I do.

Although listening to it, he's still lifting earlier than Luke. He just carried more speed into the turn.

Out at Mother's Day lunch ATM, but here my T1 entries from the session prior, and the crash
    I took that line a few times but never at that speed.
    https://youtu.be/Xhl5MyLVUVs

Just watched that Luke, you went basically another 100 after you normally back off, no wonder you were tense on the bars!!! As Nick said earlier, you were basically were the guys pulling 35s and under back off. How the hell Allerton et al; do that lap after lap after lap without being a nervous wreck all the time I have no idea...

Steve? How do you do it? You seem so calm and like a normal person to talk to? I dips me hat m'lud...

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Yeah, fair enough. Here's Wolfie's view of the same chase (and can I just say that Jeez my bum looks good). Wolfie goes waaaay deeper into T1 than I do.

That's a great vid! All the boys are having a play 🏻

Thread Information