Thread: Coach me!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well you can add tuck in properly on the straight cause that top speed just doesn't add up! Hahaha

It's actually only 1/2 joke tbh, cause I see loads of ppl who just won't tuck behind the screen... could never understand race bikes with dark screens!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I see loads of ppl who just won't tuck behind the screen... could never understand race bikes with dark screens!
    Dark screen + dark visor = zero vision.

Ummmm, I try to tuck behind the screen! Unfortunately my fat tum-tum gets in the way. Not that I'm quite in his league (yet) but I remember Philby Lovett telling me he was much quicker on the bike when he lost some weight. I wonder how much of it was getting more fully behind the screen?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Dark screen + dark visor = zero vision.

Ummmm, I try to tuck behind the screen! Unfortunately my fat tum-tum gets in the way. Not that I'm quite in his league (yet) but I remember Philby Lovett telling me he was much quicker on the bike when he lost some weight. I wonder how much of it was getting more fully behind the screen?
    Soo.. clear visor tint screen ok?
    Suzuki clear visor bubble is distorted/ninja clear vibrates badly or light tinted bubble(6'1)stuggle to get behind fully.

Well you can add tuck in properly on the straight cause that top speed just doesn't add up! Hahaha

It's actually only 1/2 joke tbh, cause I see loads of ppl who just won't tuck behind the screen... could never understand race bikes with dark screens!
    I think a QS will show big improvements in top speed and also a sneaking suspicion I'm not using WOT. Top speed (260??) is only a bit higher than what I was getting on the old Suzuki.

I just punched all these suggestions into the optimum lap velociputer and I should be doing 1.28's.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    I think a QS will show big improvements in top speed and also a sneaking suspicion I'm not using WOT. Top speed (260??) is only a bit higher than what I was getting on the old Suzuki.

I just punched all these suggestions into the optimum lap velociputer and I should be doing 1.28's.
    There is 1:38's there quite soon. Your riding well man. Maybe an R6 throttle tube to get it to wide open easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post

:
    The top speed thing could also be your gearing being a bit too long. Plenty of 600s hitting 260+ on the straight... mine got 261 on racechrono and it's almost stock so you should be seeing a fair bit more than that!

The top speed thing could also be your gearing being a bit too long. Plenty of 600s hitting 260+ on the straight... mine got 261 on racechrono and it's almost stock so you should be seeing a fair bit more than that!
    The gearing feels great everywhere else. Don't use 4th anywhere other than down the straight and between 1 and 2. If doing the Nth circuit I briefly hit 4th down the back straight.

Hidden Valley sitting on the Duck tail of my monster (and barely seeing due to eyes look through top of head = blurry) gave me 1/2-1 sec and 5 -10kmh

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Ie belly in seat cavity

Thread Information