Thread: Racing at PI - THIS NEEDS YOUR UTMOST URGENT ATTENTION

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Committee meeting for St George is at Gymea (Sutherland Shire) , goes for a long ass time yes. Racing in the rain is part of racing... Racing in the cold is part of racing. Add a few more nice weather meetings sure but id rather not have a 6 month off season (or longer) just because of the higher chance of shite weather. For the 1st PI meeting yep i would have probably tried to pick a better time of the year. But to whomever replied earlier this year to the "ST George - We might be going to PI, need numbers confirmation" communication that was sent around and are now NOT going purely for weather, i think that's a bit shit if im being honest.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Racing in the rain is part of racing... Racing in the cold is part of racing. Add a few more nice weather meetings sure but id rather not have a 6 month off season (or longer) just because of the higher chance of shite weather.
    Firstly rain can't be avoided, cold however can. I don't think anybody is suggesting that 6 months off is the way to go, more that if the dates and venues were swapped then we'd be more likely to have favourable (safe!) conditions at ALL meets.
    Most of us have limited race dollars, day jobs to take time off from and to be able to get back to. So, whilst weather is part of racing, I'll not take risks I don't need to and I'll think carefully on how I spend my race dollars.
    It's a pity STG got a false indication of figures, that's not in anybody's interest. I made my point at the outset but I can see why people find it less appealing now as they did 6 months ago tho.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    But to whomever replied earlier this year to the "ST George - We might be going to PI, need numbers confirmation" communication that was sent around and are now NOT going purely for weather, i think that's a bit shit if im being honest.
    Fair call mate.

Thread Information