Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park 21st of May

Wakefield Park 21st of May

Hey kids, not sure if this is the right place to post for this? But there's a Trackday this coming Saturday at wakey. I've not ridden there before and kinda figured I should before racing there in August.

Anyone from here going?

Also, the st george rounds there, is it the 4 hour and sprint races?

Cheers.

weekend days a Wakefield is $200, it's $150 for week days
    I've been told the 4hr is no more but there will be juniors, so I expect the format to be a sprint round probably like PI, but if would be good if they experimented with some TT races(double length) on Sundays ;-)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Rego form says $180 for w/e's. I've just buggered my shoulder otherwise I was up for this.

It's 180 for the day as it isn't champions. Yea I'll be getting along. First track day at WP in more than a year. Really looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Rego form says $180 for w/e's. I've just buggered my shoulder otherwise I was up for this.
    Ok so they Have changed there pricing again, and it's cheaper ;-)
    I think I'll go for a squirt too :-)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

So there will be Wakefiekd park ride days and Champions ride days????

Oh Nar this weekend is out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly sure I had seen Wakey dates on the Champions website that are no longer there. What's happened in that arrangement I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    I'm fairly sure I had seen Wakey dates on the Champions website that are no longer there. What's happened in that arrangement I'm not sure.
    So had I, there was one the Friday prior to StGeorge
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 16-05-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Unless they resurface the WHOLE TRACK and not just the PIT ENTRY, along with much nicer bike and rider friendly "run off areas", I won't be getting my ass down there whatsoever.
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    much nicer bike and rider friendly "run off areas"
    I'm told they very recently finally removed all the broken concrete blocks and bits of rebar from the outfield. The dad of a racer had to go out and pick it all up, with a bobcat or something. It was the issue standing in the way of MA ratifying the track, and they needed it done before they could run ASBK there. It's still as uneven as a minefield, but at least you should now avoid being impaled on some rebar.

And am I the only one that finds this information horrifying?? I had no idea those dangers lurked in the grass.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Unfortunately I've tested most of the run off areas but must have been lucky enough to to miss the concrete blocks. Then again, I was unconscious a few of those times and woke up in plaster so maybe I did find them. At least they're gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'm told they very recently finally removed all the broken concrete blocks and bits of rebar from the outfield. The dad of a racer had to go out and pick it all up, with a bobcat or something. It was the issue standing in the way of MA ratifying the track, and they needed it done before they could run ASBK there. It's still as uneven as a minefield, but at least you should now avoid being impaled on some rebar.

And am I the only one that finds this information horrifying?? I had no idea those dangers lurked in the grass.
    That's bordering on criminal. There is no reason that stuff like that should be out there.

That's pretty bad... I had no idea either but I'm also horrified that MA/AASA ratified it EVER then!

Disgracefull

Scandalous that they'd only bother their arse when 'proper' racing was happening!
    It might not be as much as an issue for a car but for us, that's life and death!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

I reckon even for cars it would be pretty bad...

Wow that's pretty bad. How does concrete and reo even get left out there? Surely contractors are aware of what goes on at a "race track"

Then again, unfortunately the cheapest quote wins every job these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    That's pretty bad... I had no idea either but I'm also horrified that MA/AASA ratified it EVER then!
    MA didn't! It's the reason they refused to license it. AASA on the other hand.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

That's terrible. I hope that one day, CASAR park and the Nowra track somehow happen. Until then, the lack of competition means they can get away with that.

I'm kind of intimidated to ride there to be honest, after doing recovery at ASBK. I think I just have to put that shit out of my mind and enjoy the track on the weekend.

How big are the carports? Is that where the 600 clubsport guys were at ASBK?

Hopefully see a few of you down there!

Bastards should be sued with a class action, for failing to provide as "safe as possible" environment ... considering we are in 2016, and not 1986.
    they should be liable for putting everyone's lives at risk with "lack of consideration" "lack of proper management of the facilities, etc ... I mean ...
    a bloody gravel drive way area .. ya can't even walk around in bare feet outside of pit garages (not that you would want to), but the point I'm making is it's been severely neglected, and all profits have gone into certain pockets just so they can drive nice fancy cars, and sip expensive wine

fuck wakey
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

hey zoid... the carports are pretty nice actually... think it is called garage Block B. has power, 3 walls and a roof. is good. At the trackday tho you should be able to grab a spot on pitlane easy enough. (unless it costs extra? i dunno)... Wakey is a great track to ride, few bumps you need to know of like t3 entry, t5 mid and the last corner braking, but are avoidable via line selection except t3. You just have to be smooth as the traction isnt there and the track is tight. IF you ride balls out everywhere thats when you get into trouble at wakey.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

the bumps going onto the back straight can be taken full throttle! Just have to let the bike dance around and slide a touch. IS great fun
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

That's some awesome advice, thanks Carl!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

$80 for a garage. Car ports are fine. Messaged them last night champions will still run a few ride days but there running there own (Cheeper too)

Last edited by Ruckos87; 18-05-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    That's some awesome advice, thanks Carl!

Yep, it only took me 3(?) crashes and a collarbone to learn 1/3 of that and now he goes and gives it all away for free *sigh*

Yep, it only took me 3(?) crashes and a collarbone to learn 1/3 of that and now he goes and gives it all away for free *sigh*
    Bloody kids nowadays...

lol better than people being caught out last corner either go inside or outside the bumps... yes there is space to do so
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

I thought T5 was much better last time I was down there.

Watch out posting good things about Wakefiekd park people will make up memes about you and post them on forums hey Nate

Dunno what you mean Luke?

Hmmmm ....

Paddlin lol You gotta catch up first hahahaha
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

I am heading down for this day as things stand, need to make sure the SRADs are running OK or at least one of them before making the trip to PI in June. Interested to see how the resurfacing of some sections is.

Quote Originally Posted by dadat178 View Post
    Interested to see how the resurfacing of some sections is.
    T2 is worse, and the rest I didn't notice, if there was any other bits. Interested to hear what you think.

C'mon guys, no need for the Wakefield bashing. I've managed to not crash there and have never run over concrete blocks or rebar (which if they existed were probably nowhere near the track and clearly aren't there now). We don't all live in Sydney so it's nice to have somewhere else to ride. Wakefield is fun and challenging.

And here's a quote from Kevin Shwantz from the recent ASBK round "bumps make the really good guys even better" :P

I'll be there on Saturday, first Wakey day since FXRRC. Last time I was there the T2 patch had a small drop off but it's exiting the corner

In all honesty the state of T1 at SMSP worries me more than anything at Wakefield, but people still seem to ride around there ok
    Last edited by zooker; 19-05-2016 at 07:56 PM.

I'm fine with T1 bumps... it's one corner only and you hardly need to change anything. If you take it on what I assume to be the fastest line they really don't upset the bike that much (at my pace). Good luck saying that about at least half the corners at WP.

Then again, I've always said I love that track! The rebar situation not so much

hahah so much wakey bashing. Bumps are great fun, slides to, just have to watch yourself and be smooth. Wakey is great for line choice too. Next time i am there i know 3s are a done deal, maybe lower, just need to stop being a pussy over the top of the track LOL And yeh Zook, the t1 bumps do give me a bit more of an issue than the bumps at wakey, they are on par with the t3 entry/apex bumps tho for butt clenching ability.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

We love to hate......

Does everyone sleep in down here? First on line at what I hope is the entry point. Balmy 3 degrees 😨

Does everyone sleep in down here? First on line at what I hope is the entry point. Balmy 3 degrees

Lol I think so.

Enjoy, keen to here what u reccon

They sleep in at the motocross track too. Have a good day Nath.

Balmy 3 degrees
    That is NOT enough degrees!!

That is NOT enough degrees!!
    Hey that's my max lean angle your talking about

Come on Nate update already, keen to here how u went, Although your prob on the drive home.
    Worst part about WP IMO

It was pretty intimidating first couple of sessions. I kinda started to learn it as the day went on, but then got suckered in to going in a little hot to a few corners. I'm glad I rode it before having to race there! Was good fun, but scary!

Imma guess one of the corners you got suckered into was T10... hahaha

Amazing weather down at WP yesterday for the time of year, soon warmed up, plenty of grip. Turn 2 seemed fine. The bumps heading into turn 10 not so much. Next stop Phillip Island

Imma guess one of the corners you got suckered into was T10... hahaha
    Actually yes! But more often was turn two and 8? The fish-hook? But not on entry, midway through it, a couple of times, I almost ran off wide. And turn 5? or 6? The downhill right hander? Gassed it a bit harder as the confidence in the track came up and ended up running very hot into that and holy hell, there are some bumps/jumps/drops in and around that corner...

After a couple of days for my brain to take it in, I'm looking forward to going back, definitely a challenging interesting track! At my (lack of) pace, anyway...

Yeah... fish hook can be tricky at first. You get the hang of it though. One of those corners where it's hard to make time but easy to lose.

It certainly seems like there is time to lose there. Not many passing opportunities I could find? I got held up by a bloke on a bmw for a couple of laps, the stomp he had out of corners meant I just couldn't get him politely. Tried at the fish hook a couple of times, but ran too deep and he'd get me back. Had no hope down the front straight or up the hill, but he was holding me up in every corner. I had to get "creative" to make a pass stick, but once passed I was good to go.

I am spewing, I had the camera on and didn't actually press record once. Well, once, then promptly pressed start again, which of course stopped it.

Thread Information