Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wakefield Park 21st of May

I reckon you can overtake there... under brakes into it and block pass or on the way out and then into T9 since you almost don't have to brake for it (I'm sure some don't). But tbh, Wakey and I still need to sort out some differences so I'm not the best person to be commenting on this. My PB there is a high 6 I think which is nothing to write home about.

I've ran off the fish hook a few times.
    Mate I reccon doing 7s 1st time on track is awesome, you'll be killing it with a bit more seat time.
    Defiantly let us know next time your heading down. I'll chase u around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying though, any advice or thoughts on riding any track is good! I only got into the 7s, was hoping for 6s, but the last session the temp dropped a fair bit and with it the grip seemed to go too. Next time... shit, race weekend, I wanna get a little faster!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I've ran off the fish hook a few times.
    Mate I reccon doing 7s 1st time on track is awesome, you'll be killing it with a bit more seat time.
    Defiantly let us know next time your heading down. I'll chase u around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet as Luke, next time will be the race weekend. Have fun at the creek tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Sweet as Luke, next time will be the race weekend. Have fun at the creek tomorrow!
    There's a ride day the Friday before. I'm security at a year 3 disco so won't make it. But I'll try squeeze 1 or 2 in mid week before hand

Not out the creek till Wed. But the ape is rocking can't wait to get into her.

Yeeew! Just a little jealous... as long as work agrees, I'm going to be at the ARDC day on 3rd of june.

Not sure whether I'll be able to get the friday off before wakey weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I'm security at a year 3 disco so won't make it.
    Pick the toughest looking one and take to them with a pillow case full of coke cans. The rest won't mess with you then. Otherwise they'll tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Pick the toughest looking one and take to them with a pillow case full of coke cans. The rest won't mess with you then. Otherwise they'll tear you apart.
    Lol I might

I had to train the u10 soccer team last week as the coach was away. it was like I was a relief teacher at school. They smashed me

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    It certainly seems like there is time to lose there. Not many passing opportunities I could find?
    Round the outside at T3 then the inside line into T4 for a block pass works pretty well if you are carrying a lot more speed than the other bike. Under brakes into the fish hook or if you're carrying more speed, around the outside which puts you on the inside for T9. I also find that as long as you're not on the bumpy part on the track, under brakes into T10 as a lot of people brake way too early there. Some people pass between T1 and T2 but I can't usually bring myself to do this as I've had too many people cut straight across the track here leaving you with nowhere to go. These definitely aren't the only places and those faster than me have heaps more but these are the places I try to use.

Had an awesome day at the track. Weather was fantastic, track was fantastic, grip was fantastic and not many people in the 'Superbike' group Sorry Nate I didn't manage to catch you all day. Saw you once I think as you were leaving haha

I managed to get a couple of 1.04's and very consistent 5's where I know I was slow in a couple of places so I know where to work on next time. New top speed at 207 too which is significant to me on my old POS. I feel I could hold throttle so much longer down the straight next time so there's gains to be had.

quick vid

Last edited by zooker; 23-05-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    Had an awesome day at the track. Weather was fantastic, track was fantastic, grip was fantastic and not many people in the 'Superbike' group Sorry Nate I didn't manage to catch you all day. Saw you once I think as you were leaving haha

I managed to get a couple of 1.04's and very consistent 5's where I know I was slow in a couple of places so I know where to work on next time. New top speed at 207 too which is significant to me on my old POS. I feel I could hold throttle so much longer down the straight next time so there's gains to be had.

quick vid

Great fun, Geoff!! Looks like you had a ball!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Haha good vid Geoff! Kearn's r6 sure has some power to it. Zoid!!!! 7s is farking flying first time at wakey and you are right about temp being critical to grip, drops off like crazy when the sun goes in. Wakey is all pretty much block passing and the best passing maneuvers are in the scary corners, t1 - t2 (inside or outside), t3 - t4 (outside around t3 for t4 block), dive in t5. run from t6 to t8 (inside into fish hook), Around the outside at fishhook for t9. and braking into t10 left or right side hahaha. all make you clench up a bit and take lots of planning.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Haha good vid Geoff! Kearn's r6 sure has some power to it. Zoid!!!! 7s is farking flying first time at wakey and you are right about temp being critical to grip, drops off like crazy when the sun goes in. Wakey is all pretty much block passing and the best passing maneuvers are in the scary corners, t1 - t2 (inside or outside), t3 - t4 (outside around t3 for t4 block), dive in t5. run from t6 to t8 (inside into fish hook), Around the outside at fishhook for t9. and braking into t10 left or right side hahaha. all make you clench up a bit and take lots of planning.
    Thanks for the info mate! I found offline felt reeeaaaaallly offline there. Mind you, my whole lap was probably offline anyway...

God knows how I'll find the proper lines in warm up. I guess once my nose gets rubbed in it I'll know where i shouldn't be a little?

Geoff, I saw you roll past a couple of times and forgot to come say hello!

I should've manned up and gone the quick group to try and follow some people!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thread Information