thanks for the info Nick.

Well mine has done about 10 track days now (7 or 8 P.I. and 2x Broadfords) and before that 14,000kms on the road. I had my valve clearances adjusted before i tracked the bike and its been fine since.

Mmmm yeah i was expecting something expensive so $900 is about what i've been budgeting ( i was standing by the way haha). I was thinking just as a wild guess getting this done would cost me around $2-3k :( which is a pain in the ass but like you said id rather be safe than sorry.

So are you going to do this yourself? id be keen to see how you go and whats involved.

Im just about to head overseas so have been putting this off but might give Ben a call when i get back and save up some money and get it sorted out.

Is this the main thing that lets go (valve springs/valve) in the early motors or are there issues with the cam chain and tensioner as well? Mine does seem to of gotten a bit more noisy (or maybe i'm just hearing things as a result of paranoia)

Sometimes i really wish i would of stuck with a Jap bike so i could spend money on track days and not maintenance and bullshit like this.

Sorry to highjack your thread anyway mate and good luck with the build.