Thread: engine mount bolt snapped .

engine mount bolt snapped .

hi everbody . I was riding home from work today on my 2013 triumph Daytona 675 when I notice a bolt sticking out of the bike .anyway after closer inspection I found out that the rear engine mount had snapped off completely . has anyone have any idear why this happen .

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    hi everbody . I was riding home from work today on my 2013 triumph Daytona 675 when I notice a bolt sticking out of the bike .anyway after closer inspection I found out that the rear engine mount had snapped off completely . has anyone have any idear why this happen .
    PICS!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

cant up load pics to the computer for some reason
    Last edited by triumph; 01-06-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Vibration. I'd be checking all the other engine mounts to make sure they are tight. I'd suspect the whole engine/stressed-member assembly of having some movement in it. Trellis frame plus British bolts.....

Is your chain adjusted ok? Is there much driveline snatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Vibration. I'd be checking all the other engine mounts to make sure they are tight. I'd suspect the whole engine/stressed-member assembly of having some movement in it. Trellis frame plus British bolts.....

Is your chain adjusted ok? Is there much driveline snatch?

no chain needs a bit of adjustment .im due for a new one ill go out and check the other mounts now

My Bmw did the same thing. It has a rear engine bolt that goes from one side of the bike to the other.

I put mine down to the engine/frame expanding (was a very hot day at the track) and the bolt couldnt stretch enough and snapped. Even with the bolt removed there was no engine movement so I don't believe it broke because of stress caused by engine movement.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    My Bmw did the same thing. It has a rear engine bolt that goes from one side of the bike to the other.

I put mine down to the engine/frame expanding (was a very hot day at the track) and the bolt couldnt stretch enough and snapped. Even with the bolt removed there was no engine movement so I don't believe it broke because of stress caused by engine movement.

wasn't hot today . I think marshy is right about his assumption with the chain adjustment and backlash . it certainly sounds better than what team motto told me .

Thread Information