Long story short, my road bike (09 GSXR 1000) has been written off after an accident, which resulted in engine top end seizing.

Externally, and judging by the gentle nature of the failure and lack of metal in the oil, I'm going to hazard a guess there's no head or crank/rod damage, so I'm just looking at replacing the pistons, pins, rings and bearings, plus any associated seals and gaskets.

The bike has been written off and I'm converting it to a race bike, I'll be rebuilding the engine, but I'm just wondering if there's any significant power increase to be had from upping the CR from standard 12.8:1 to a more hefty 13.8:1 (aftermarket wiseco pistons). I'll likely chuck in a marginally thinner head gasket to get it to 14:1 and then adjust valve timings to get the power output closer to other litre bikes on the track.

What I'm really wondering is whether there is going to be any significant decrease in engine longevity and reliability (track bike, so not that much use). Obviously clearances will all need to be checked and what not, but I'm also wondering what other work needs to be done to account for a bumped up compression ratio. Will the head be fine for the increase, the head bolts, the rods.

It will be my first time doing any internal performance modifications, and I can't find much information relating to this stuff, so if anyone has experience doing something similar with other bikes, I'd love to have your input.