Thread: KWAKLIFE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

KWAKLIFE

Once I took all the body work off and had a look over the bike, a few things stuck out as probably not located in the best position for a race bike. Almost all the electrical 'boxes', bar the ECU and the exhaust servo, are positioned on the outside of the subframe on the LHS. I was looking at this thinking that if the bike went for a slide there is a good chance one, or two, or all of these things are going to get damaged. It's going to take a bit of time to work out where to put that stuff though as the bike still has the exhaust servo inboard and the wires really aren't long enough to simple move things much further than 30mm.

Once thing I could do however was relocate the rectifier. On these models it hangs underneath the side stand. For my money that was a little too exposed so after seeing all the lads with their trick KIT harnesses and the rectifier mounted just above the rear shock I got out my aluminium strip again and set about knocking up a bracket.

After a bit of trial and error, mostly to do with the battery being in the way - you can see two holes I drilled that ended up being in the wrong spot in the top photo, I got this mounted in the right spot. It bolts through the plastic undertray. Ordered a rear hugger last night to keep the dirt and shit from flicking directly onto it. Once I get some time I'll clean up the edges and paint it black so it isn't noticeable. The plug still reaches that harness so thankfully didn't balls that up haha
    Last edited by dan; 06-06-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    do a burnout

Thread Information