Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KWAKLIFE

It plugs straight in but it 'shouldn't start the bike because of the immobilizer on the harness... not sure if the 6RR had an immobilizer in Australia though

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    12 beers
    Pack of darts
    Jukebox Saturday night on 2WS
    Plenty of swearing

Haha

Actually I'm not sure. Need a flywheel puller I guess? Will removing it disrupt the balance of the crank or as it only rotates will it just reduce the force needed to spin the crank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a mechanic by any stretch but I reckon flywheel puller and you should be fine... crank will just spin faster/easier and that's where your free hp will come from!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    It plugs straight in but it 'shouldn't start the bike because of the immobilizer on the harness... not sure if the 6RR had an immobilizer in Australia though
    Definitely starts it. Just a bit strange with all the adapter stuff I've read. Surely must be for the tuning USB plug.

do a burnout

Then it doesn't have an immobilizer... mine plugs in just fine as well but won't start it. That's where the KIT harness comes in. But like I said, the 6RR could be different since it was always meant to run KIT parts anyway
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 26-11-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Not a mechanic by any stretch but I reckon flywheel puller and you should be fine... crank will just spin faster/easier and that's where your free hp will come from!
    Just bought a puller on eBay so will give it a crack next week. I'd like to keep the starter for simplicity's sake so will be interesting to see if the starter clutch can still work as I believe it's attached to the back of the flywheel. If it doesn't I'll probably just run it with the flywheel on which doesn't really give me any benefits except for not buying a new flywheel and stator / save $350/400.

do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post

Found the out-of-round part on the stator...
    Eeeep!! Yeah that'd do it. Don't forget to loctite it back to the stator cover otherwise it'll oscillate when it's running and potentially do the same thing again!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Does anyone have a kwaka loom for an annitori RL QS gathering dust? Would be interested in buying it. Possibly same as the Yamaha one?

do a burnout

I have a full wiring harness, key and dash off my old one if you would like it cheap cheap.
    The 2008 Beast R6 "champ" #81.
    Director of TrackStop Service and Storage
    "for all your motorcycle track needs"

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I have a full wiring harness, key and dash off my old one if you would like it cheap cheap.
    How cheap is cheap? Don't *need* it but would be nice to trim down the loom. Spare dash doesn't hurt either!

Any other parts hiding in the shed?

do a burnout

may $100, I got rid of everything else. I have a frame with a hole in it as well if you want it. Prob repairable as a track spare
    The 2008 Beast R6 "champ" #81.
    Director of TrackStop Service and Storage
    "for all your motorcycle track needs"

Thread Information