Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
Ridden a mates F3 and found it a reasonable handful on the road. Might be more a geometry issue than anything else. Even the 675 has pretty crazy headshake coming out of corners.
Yeah when i had the suspension valved and sprung by Daz at Race Centre he tried to explain to me the rear shock to linkage ratio is wildly different to a lot of other bikes. I didn't quite understand all of what he was saying but he spent a lot of time swapping out different spring rates and made a lot of internal changes to the front forks including extending them and machining up some custom parts to adjust the bikes geometry.

He mentioned that the bike has a very short wheelbase and it will be more flighty than most other bikes. I also went for a ride a few weeks ago with Steve Mudford from Race Dynamics and he had recently setup an F3 and mentioned similar findings to what Daz had mentioned. Again i'm not very good at explaining things so maybe i'm missing other things they have mentioned.

I have only had this massive head shake on 1 or 2 occasions once on a fast 120kph sweeper with a big bump at the exit. Other than that the tight 2nd gear corners on the mountain passes i do the front seems to behave itself quite well even without a Steering Damper. Before i had the suspension setup i had some pretty unnerving head-shake just taking off from a set of traffic lights on a slight uphill at 60kph.

God damn stupid Italian Wog bikes why do i always make things hard for myself