Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 of the Honda RJays Wakefield Park 6th and 7th August 2016

Round 4 of the Honda RJays Wakefield Park 6th and 7th August 2016

whooo 1st race for me.... cant wait i feel like a litle school Girl....

Entries are now open for round 4 of the Honda RJays NSW Clubman Road Race Championship Series to be held at Wakefield Park Raceway, Braidwood Road, Goulburn on 6th and 7th August 2016.

Supplementary Regulations and Entry Forms are now available at http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=w2t2p2 or on our website at http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_events.php?event=Roadrace

Early bird entries close 8/7/16. Final entries close 15/7/16.
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 24-06-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Shame they are still charging spectators. Surely anyone making the trip to Goulburn in the middle of winter deserves to view some club racing for nothing.....

Having said that will be in for unlimited and unlimited clubsport

A cold Wakefield Park is not my top pick but I'm in for the 600's. It's a pity there's no 4 hour this year but I noticed the entry mentions the races will be 5 or 10 laps. At least the bike and tyres will warm up properly with a 10 lap race.

4 of the Honda RJays Wakefield Park 6th and 7th August 2016

I just need to decide what to enter in.

Prob just racing the ape so. Unlimited clubsport & either unlimited or Bears.
    whats the usual running order?
    Is the event numbers the running order ?
    What Would give me the most time between races?
    Or 1st race should I just enter unlimited clubsport and relax/ enjoy the day or go for it and enter all 3 is there a prize for 3 consecutive last places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 24-06-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Even if you enter both or all you can pick and choose as you go along . Might work out well for extra practice or wet ect.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Even if you enter both or all you can pick and choose as you go along . Might work out well for extra practice or wet ect.
    This! ^^ Entering 2 classes gets you twice as much practice/quali/warmup as well as races, and you don't have to actually go out in each session.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Ta.
    I guess it's settled then I'll enter all three and see how the days pan out

Will be there in both 600 classes, hopefully using the perfect RHS of the tyre I started tearing at PI. Wakefield only has one left-hand corner yeh :P

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    Wakefield only has one left-hand corner yeh :P
    actually it has 3 ;-)
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by chicken16 View Post
    I noticed the entry mentions the races will be 5 or 10 laps
    I don't think I'm even fit enough for a 10 lap race but it would be awesomely cool if they did it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I don't think I'm even fit enough for a 10 lap race but it would be awesomely cool if they did it anyway
    lolol

I did 46 mins in a stint at the 4hr in 2014, had to com in for fuel, but wanted to stay out so bad ... damn those standard sized tanks
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

I've often suggested to the club that Sunday races should be TT style races, double length double points.
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Ta.
    I guess it's settled then I'll enter all three and see how the days pan out

Three classes!!! I reckon that's probably overkill mate. One class you end up sitting a lot, two classes, it even seems to get a bit rushed later in the day, I think three would mean you have no downtime and mistakes will be made, like fuel, warmers, whatever. Two is plenty of tracktime.

Very exciting though Luke! Top stuff mate, looking forward to it!

Also, as zooker said, this will save me the cost of flipping a tyre, my rear is due for some wear on the left thanks to the island!

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Three classes!!! I reckon that's probably overkill mate. One class you end up sitting a lot, two classes, it even seems to get a bit rushed later in the day, I think three would mean you have no downtime and mistakes will be made, like fuel, warmers, whatever. Two is plenty of tracktime.

Very exciting though Luke! Top stuff mate, looking forward to it!

Also, as zooker said, this will save me the cost of flipping a tyre, my rear is due for some wear on the left thanks to the island!
    Not racing 3, just bears and clubsport. But I'll might just do practice and qualifying for the seat time

I'm only new to this racing gig myself, but the down at PI for instance, there were only 6 different classes out there, me being in two, there was one race/practice/qualifying session in between both my classes. Then a break of 3, then repeat. The break of 3 was a good chance to take a breather.

If you do three classes, you'll end up completely frazzled for each and every one. I wouldn't worry about the extra seat time. For me, that extra $100 will be better spent on tyres/fuel/hookers 'n' blow for whomever you can con into helping you out on the weekend.

Remember, it's supposed to be fun. Do two classes, if you feel like you are bored and hanging round doing fuck all the whole weekend, then I will apologise and feel genuinely bad.

Wrong thread, but how was today?!!!

I'm only new to this racing gig myself, but the down at PI for instance, there were only 6 different classes out there, me being in two, there was one race/practice/qualifying session in between both my classes. Then a break of 3, then repeat. The break of 3 was a good chance to take a breather.

If you do three classes, you'll end up completely frazzled for each and every one. I wouldn't worry about the extra seat time. For me, that extra $100 will be better spent on tyres/fuel/hookers 'n' blow for whomever you can con into helping you out on the weekend.

Remember, it's supposed to be fun. Do two classes, if you feel like you are bored and hanging round doing fuck all the whole weekend, then I will apologise and feel genuinely bad.

Wrong thread, but how was today?!!!
    Ahhhh ok cool. Today was awesome, I'm still slow but feeling good on track, having fun

Entries are somewhat light on, no doubt a few others will sign up late.
    http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=w2t2t2

4 of the Honda RJays Wakefield Park 6th and 7th August 2016

Quote Originally Posted by dadat178 View Post
    Entries are somewhat light on, no doubt a few others will sign up late.
    http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=w2t2t2
    Whooho

Sent from my iPh
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 17-07-2016 at 08:46 PM.

It's official! You're going raaaaaciiiiiiiiiiing!!!

Whooho

Sent from my iPh
    Fuck yeh Luke!

Fuck yeh Luke!
    I'll need start the mind games now.... Are u down there on Sunday ?

Sent from my iPh

who is going on the 24th?
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Hoping so! First outing after turning the bike upside down at PI...

hmmm, I might do the track day if the weather looks clear. Need to find my Waky mojo again so I can nail those 1.03's :P

I might do a few laps on the Sunday, as the crash, break down crew, I hope not to see you all ;-)

anybody need an official to sign for them to be eligible for the club championship prizes?

Oooh! Maybe me? I'm not 100% sure whether me doing the marshalling at the ASBK counted as me supplying an official or not? Actually, scratch that, if it didn't, I'll be trying to get a mate of mine to do November at the creek.

When are garages generally released? Want to book in the the Friday

Sent from my iPh

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    anybody need an official to sign for them to be eligible for the club championship prizes?
    If you're still planning on doing it I'll take you up on the offer Mark. Would save working someone out for the Sydney round.

Anyone heading to wp tomorrow for some practice?

When are garages generally released? Want to book in the the Friday

Sent from my iPh
    Usually only a couple of days before. But book anyway. On the Friday, just ask for your garage for the weekend. They will be expecting the request, and you'll get your garage without having to move.

ok done

So the strangeness of grading continues. I convinced my mate to give the racing thing a go and he has entered Unlimited Clubsport on a CBR1000. He's a top bloke and a very competent rider, ridden for years.

He has racing experience, Enduro and Motocross, but over 14 years ago. Never raced on tarmac, so completely unfamiliar with it. Very nervous of his first race as any normal person would be.

They are thinking of making him a C grader, but will have to check with the committee first.

Uh huh. Makes sense.

Is anyone heading down from the Central Coast / Newcastle area who has room to take a spare bike down for me? I can get it to you any day this weekend or evenings next week.

bugger..

Sent from my iPh

could be tomorrow

That's pretty good for Goulburn in the middle of winter. I was expecting -3 and wet so I guess that's an improvement.

That's pretty good for Goulburn in the middle of winter. I was expecting -3 and wet so I guess that's an improvement.
    +2 and sideways rain isn't much of an improvement, unless I'm missing something. I don't understand why they don't close the track for 3 months over winter, like the outdoor pool near my work. Eminently sensible, if you ask me. Sure, it's possible to swim in the middle of winter, but you'd have to be a fucktard to want to do it, so we will just save you from yourselves. The 99% of people who had no intention of going anywhere near the water until it gets much warmer will be completely unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    +2 and sideways rain isn't much of an improvement, unless I'm missing something. I don't understand why they don't close the track for 3 months over winter, like the outdoor pool near my work. Eminently sensible, if you ask me. Sure, it's possible to swim in the middle of winter, but you'd have to be a fucktard to want to do it, so we will just save you from yourselves. The 99% of people who had no intention of going anywhere near the water until it gets much warmer will be completely unaffected.

I'd rather be at the creek but hey what can you do.

Sent from my iPh

Final instructions and garage allocations posted on St George website now.

Yip!! a big improvement on last year...

Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Yip!! a big improvement on last year...

Oh that's just all sorts of wrong! I'm surprised everyone didn't get sick from nobody washing hands after morning poopies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Oh that's just all sorts of wrong! I'm surprised everyone didn't get sick from nobody washing hands after morning poopies.....

I think everyone was holding it in thinking that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Nothing beats scaring the sh&t out of you like a bit of black ice.

Don't need running water to wash your hands, just rub the ice. You kids nowadays... back in my day we couldn't afford to go to the toilet. In fact we all shared one arsehole in the village. Only got to use it once a month.

We also used to fashion brown onions on a belt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

I am going to be down at Wakefield for this weekends racing in a working capacity and I am currently assisting a couple of riders on the Saturday and Sunday (not there Friday). I can accommodate a couple more riders if you would like some setup and suspension assistance across those 2 days. Cost is $50 per bike for this racing weekend.

If you are interested please let me know so I can put you down for some assistance. PM me your mobile number, year and model bike and how much you weight without gear. I'll contact you and get the ball rolling from there.

Cheers Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by dadat178 View Post
    Is anyone heading down from the Central Coast / Newcastle area who has room to take a spare bike down for me? I can get it to you any day this weekend or evenings next week.
    I'm heading down early on the Saturday morning from Tumbi Umbi on the Central Coast. Give me a call on 0431 599 899 if you what to know more.

Cheers.

Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    I'm out been ruled un fit to race by the doc... Dead set I'm hated by someone upstairs.

Sent from my iPh

Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    I'm out been ruled un fit to race by the doc... Dead set I'm hated by someone upstairs.

Sent from my iPh
    What the....? What's wrong? Did you put your back out moving all my stuff on Friday??

Nar just precautionary crap, getting a camera down my guts... I should do it myself toady and pass myself fit
    On 2nd thought I don't like picking up my cctv cameras let along putting them in my guts

I'll see if I can help our marshalling on sat.

Sent from my iPh

On 2nd thought I don't like picking up my cctv cameras let along putting them in my guts
    That's because yours are all stuck in pipes full of shit! The ones for going in your mouth are usually much cleaner.

Although you could just use yours and go in the back way.....?

Thread Information