Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 of the Honda RJays Wakefield Park 6th and 7th August 2016

Quote Originally Posted by wellsprung View Post
    I'm heading down early on the Saturday morning from Tumbi Umbi on the Central Coast. Give me a call on 0431 599 899 if you what to know more.

Cheers.
    Thanks mate, I already made arrangements elsewhere, appreciate the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by dadat178 View Post
    Thanks mate, I already made arrangements elsewhere, appreciate the offer.
    No probs.

All the best to everybody down at Wakey this weekend!
    Have a great time and keep the updates coming
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    All the best to everybody down at Wakey this weekend!
    Have a great time and keep the updates coming

It's cold, but the sun is shining.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Awesome!
    how's the turn out today Nate ?

Sent from my iPh

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    how's the turn out today Nate ?
    Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    That's it. Just the two bikes.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

It's a perfect day in Canberra, so Goulburn should be nice to, although it wouldn't surprise me if there was some water seeping over the track on some corners from the prolonged rain
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    That's it. Just the two bikes.

you only need two bikes to have a race .

The track was super slippery for the first sessions of the day but by lunch it had come good. No pb's but in one piece so no complaints.

Very peaceful in the afternoon sun. Was scary slippery in the morning, got nicer as the day went on!

Good luck today fellas! Keep it rubber-side down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great fun in the pits yesterday, not a fun as racing would have been but hey. Some awesome battles and results for the TT crew but I'll leave that to them.

Weather was awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPh

Maybe I like the cold slippery conditions or just prefer qualifying. Managed to qualify 3rd in the 600's out of a great field of 28 then it just went downhill. 6th in race 1, 12th in race 2 then 16th followed by 12th and 11th. Still had fun and decided I really need to improve my starts. It was great that one Saturday race and both Sunday races were 10 laps each which allows the bike and tyres to get some decent temperature in them in Goulburn winter. It's a pity there was no 4 hour this year which was my favourite event of the year. Well done to the other TT members. There were some great results.

have the lazy fuckers fixed the water seeping onto T4, thru the cracks?
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    have the lazy fuckers fixed the water seeping onto T4, thru the cracks?
    All fixed

What an awesome weekend! Bar the wet practices on Saturday, track was dry all weekend with no wet patches. Track was cold and a tad slippy in the mornings, but considering plenty of 1.04's and 1.05's were had there was no shortage of grip once the day got going. The 10 lap races were great and made it more interesting with back markers to try and get past whilst still racing someone.

Took out 2nd place C-grade in both 600 and Clubsport 600 which I'm stoked about considering my year so far has been a tad average.

Only had one real moment, almost cleaning up Carl in T10 - https://youtu.be/FPywfETtgl8

Jeebus!!! That was close!!

Jeebus!!! That was close!!
    Indeed... good job keeping it up too. Was Carl waaaaaaaaay too slow on the racing line or were you waayyy too late on the brakes?

On a side note, either your suspension is amazing or the bumps really are gone. Or both!!

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    What an awesome weekend! Bar the wet practices on Saturday, track was dry all weekend with no wet patches. Track was cold and a tad slippy in the mornings, but considering plenty of 1.04's and 1.05's were had there was no shortage of grip once the day got going. The 10 lap races were great and made it more interesting with back markers to try and get past whilst still racing someone.

Took out 2nd place C-grade in both 600 and Clubsport 600 which I'm stoked about considering my year so far has been a tad average.

Only had one real moment, almost cleaning up Carl in T10 - https://youtu.be/FPywfETtgl8
    Eeeep!! Did you touch? Well done for keeping it up!!

what a top weekend. The weekend ran so smoothly, probably because the whiners in the bears class weren't there to cause the usual crash fest, which meant hardly any stoppages. I think there was only 1 stoppage for the whole weekend. The club did a fantastic job and the 10 lap races were great.

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    probably because the whiners in the bears class weren't there to cause the usual crash fest,
    Ouch .... might want to look back through a few results sets ... Think we're all in glass houses really

Any results posted anywhere (not on natsoft or mylaps yet !)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Indeed... good job keeping it up too. Was Carl waaaaaaaaay too slow on the racing line or were you waayyy too late on the brakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by You Tube
    He missed a gear and grabbed 1st mid corner. Both pretty lucky

It is on mylaps. Just not under bikes?

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1307430

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    It is on mylaps. Just not under bikes?

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1307430
    Well that makes sense ...ummmm .... NOT

Ta

I could've saved myself the walk to race control after every race if I knew over the weekend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Eeeep!! Did you touch? Well done for keeping it up!!
    Yes we did touch... Thats what no gears selected and then shifting into 1st (unintentionally) does to you on the last lap, last corner!!!!!! No idea what happened there, happy neither of us went down.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Got a new pb 1:03.7 and thats on the colder track compared to before when i did a 1;04 in summer. Lots of outright wins and 2nds so im stoked, and the challenge of making passes at the same time as passing slower riders was an awesome new challenge, i was able to use it to my advantage most of the time. I think the 600 and clubsport races were the pick of the bunch to watch too, battles from firs to last apparently!
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Had a good time on the weekend. Lap times were a bit down on previous years but having figured out some fundamentals that are wrong with my riding at the moment pretty confident im on the improve! Race starts came off quite well though so thats a huge plus! Spent most of the weekend following Zoidberg around in clubsport which was good fun. 10 lappers are killer when you have a cold and are horribly unfit..... Still definitely a good thing to have a change from just 5 lap sprints all the time.

Great to hear, Binksy! I agree the 10+ lappers are great, They give you a chance to catch back up if you make a mistake or get a bad start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post

On a side note, either your suspension is amazing or the bumps really are gone. Or both!!
    My intention was to pass Gavin and tuck in somwhere behind Carl. He certainly caught me out with the mis-shift and the gap closed reeeeally quickly. Glad I only knicked his wheel.

RE: the bumps, I guess stock R6 suspension is just that good Also, I usually manage to ride around them exiting T9

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    My intention was to pass Gavin and tuck in somwhere behind Carl. He certainly caught me out with the mis-shift and the gap closed reeeeally quickly. Glad I only knicked his wheel.

RE: the bumps, I guess stock R6 suspension is just that good Also, I usually manage to ride around them exiting T9
    Caught myself out too, and nah the bumps are still there i think we have all just altered our lines to go around them. I still smash over the back straight bumps tho out of t9 hahhaha
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Got some vids up from Saturday

you sure get that R6 moving great vids and racing... thanks you so much for managing to pull it up when Carl got a bunch of neutrals

Here's the vid. Won't be very exciting to watch, but if you get a chance, please tell me how to go faster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEP...ature=youtu.be

But! Had a great time racing down there, it's a difficult, bumpy track with varying grip levels, but I really enjoyed the couple of days down there! Very glad the heavens never opened up, that's for sure.

After the disappointment of crashing my freshly painted bike at the creek leading up to the race, I was very pleased I decided to do the trackday on the friday. Not gonna lie, I was terrified and could barely wobble round track to save my life. First two sessions I was doing consistent 26's and they felt too fast as it was. Arm pump, fogging visor, the works. Got down to 10s by the end of the day and wondered how the shit I was going to race the next couple...

Saturday morning rolled around and it was a pleasant 4 degrees. It was cold, very cold. But at least it was damp too!

Novice practice had one taker, he rolled round for two laps and came in. Most of practice sessions I think guys were on wets. Was talking to David Burch and he said it was borderline dangerous, no grip etc. Confidence was sky-high around now.

At rider briefing, they mentioned the races were going to run in a 5, then 10, then 5 lap format and so. Being such a short track, this seemed great! And it was, 10 laps gave you more of a chance to rectify a shitty start.

The weather cleared, ie; no rain, but still overcast and damn cold. I was having terrible visor fogging. I had a pinlock insert in and the fogging was occuring between the pinlock and the visor. This meant that even cracking the visor open wouldn't clear. This sucked. A lot. So, next race, I took the pinlock out and had to crack the visor often to try and clear it. This worked OK, but led to really watery eyes and runny nose. Not ideal.

The next bit is why I love racing, the bloke whom I was dicing with on track, came and helped me out with the pinlock (eccentric cams you can spin to tighten the visor) it helped massively. He also offered the use of his spare helmet if it didn't work. Yeh, I know, only club racing, no sheepstations involved, but bloody unreal sportsmanship. So much help in the paddock helping blokes get back on track, be it fixing bikes, helping with gear, helping with line choice, whatever. Just unreal.

So saturday, got a little faster, into the 8s, so still off where I was on my only other time down there on a trackday. Got some great pics from Wilson Media. David was down there clicking away, super nice guy, took some unreal images including this one:

I've cropped it to get the suspension and front tyre doing there best for me!

Anyway, Sunday was great fun, Lucas Vitale had a bad crash last corner first lap that sent him off to hospital, hopefully he is recovering okay. This caused a fairly lengthy delay, meanwhile the clouds were building and building. There was rain forecast most of the day. It held off until about 2 minutes after we left for the drive home, very lucky we were!

I had a great last race, did my PB by over a second from when I was there last, a 6.8. I was super happy with that time, but also the consistency!

I put that down to pure fear of getting passed. Shane was a bloke I had quite a few passes back and forth with over the weekend, he had a moment into the final corner on that last race;

I thought he was down to be honest! But he didn't fall off and for the remainder of that race, I could have sworn I heard his bike on my tail and was waiting to see his front wheel on basically every corner.

I had had a chat to young Carl Kitson earlier that day about line choice and his advice really struck a chord and helped me no end in turn 5 and the final corner. Cheers mate!

Anyway, sorry for the long boring post, can't wait for the next race!

Nath
    Last edited by zoidberg; 13-08-2016 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Vid added

Yiewww, great write up, Nafe!! Very well done in some extremely challenging conditions!!
    Look forward to seeing the vid when it's done.

Awesome work Nafe! How much fun was that!!

Sent from my iPh

Nice write up mate!! Remind me again why Wakefield is on the calendar in winter??

Great writeup Nath. Was fun watching you dice with that other R1 and Binksy occasionally.

This is probably my best ride of the weekend. Managing consistent mid/low 4's trying to keep up with Carl. Had success in not dropping off this time, but couldn't manage to close right up. Backmarkers gave me some hope but Carl got through too quickly and I'm too courteous so that proved no advantage. Bike felt great, my riding was finally on point and I was feeling more comfortable than I had all year. Only off my PB by a few tenths so very happy with the weekend.

Also had one of my closest finishes ever on Saturday

VVVV
    Close finish.JPG

Last edited by zooker; 14-08-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Nice write up mate!! Remind me again why Wakefield is on the calendar in winter??

We go in winter to beat our summer pb's thats why. HAHAHAHHA Oh and that its fun as
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Thread Information