Thread: CBR 600rr winter project..

CBR 600rr winter project..

So with all these super beauty builds going on I thought its about time I put together the engine I had in boxes and create a new build bike seen as I have almost a complete bike with all the spares I have around the place .

History of the engine - bought a stat write off a couple of years ago now which was a mint 2010 bike, never dropped , just had the engine removed and came in boxes . Possibly warranty claim or insurance job that the motor was stripped and then decided to auction off instead of rebuilding . The bottom end had the bearings pick up so needed a new crank , I managed to pick one up from the states back when the dollar was 1:1 (ah those were the days) .

So far I have just laid out the bits to work out what I am missing / need to order and starting to clean up bits of the engine .Probably going to take a while to finish and not cheap once you add up the gasket kit and bolts/bearings but with all the other builds I might get some motivation to get it done before summer arrives.

IMG_20160602_104820.jpg

Home made engine stand makes life much easier. top side
    IMG_20160602_104446.jpg

And rotated 180 deg.
    IMG_20160602_104518.jpg
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Woah!! Motor from scratch... this is gonna be good!!
    Is it just a rebuild are are you gonna spec it up??
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    So with all these super beauty builds going on I thought its about time I put together the engine I had in boxes and create a new build bike seen as I have almost a complete bike with all the spares I have around the place .

History of the engine - bought a stat write off a couple of years ago now which was a mint 2010 bike, never dropped , just had the engine removed and came in boxes . Possibly warranty claim or insurance job that the motor was stripped and then decided to auction off instead of rebuilding . The bottom end had the bearings pick up so needed a new crank , I managed to pick one up from the states back when the dollar was 1:1 (ah those were the days) .

So far I have just laid out the bits to work out what I am missing / need to order and starting to clean up bits of the engine .Probably going to take a while to finish and not cheap once you add up the gasket kit and bolts/bearings but with all the other builds I might get some motivation to get it done before summer arrives.

IMG_20160602_104820.jpg

Home made engine stand makes life much easier. top side
    IMG_20160602_104446.jpg

And rotated 180 deg.
    IMG_20160602_104518.jpg
    Engine stand is awesome Bob! Where did you cut and weld the pieces together?

Unreal!!! I love a build thread!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Woah!! Motor from scratch... this is gonna be good!!
    Is it just a rebuild are are you gonna spec it up??
    Just a rebuild at the moment with new bearings, gaskets and seals .

If anyone comes across some 2nd hand headers either stock aftermarket let us know .honda cbr 600rr 07 onwards.

If I get some arrow ones then maybe look at some cleaning and polishing of the head .
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Engine stand is awesome Bob! Where did you cut and weld the pieces together?
    In the garage with some bits of scrap found lying around.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Love a winter project. Keep the updates coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got some goodies today from the nice mr postie .
    Parts came from www.j-mart.biz/j-parts super quick to deliver and reasonably priced .
    Its not cheap to do a refresh on the 600rr , full gasket set , new rings , new bearings and bolts approx. $730 plus $70 shipping . Total $800 compared with 2 prices from Honda places in Sydney of $1200 and $1700.

IMG_20160726_124105[1].jpgIMG_20160726_124342[1].jpg
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Nice find! Yet again the Australian retailers lose out to a better online presence and keener pricing...
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Nice!!! That's awesome. Jap retailers are great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Unreal Bob! Lots of piccies please!

Thread Information