So with all these super beauty builds going on I thought its about time I put together the engine I had in boxes and create a new build bike seen as I have almost a complete bike with all the spares I have around the place .

History of the engine - bought a stat write off a couple of years ago now which was a mint 2010 bike, never dropped , just had the engine removed and came in boxes . Possibly warranty claim or insurance job that the motor was stripped and then decided to auction off instead of rebuilding . The bottom end had the bearings pick up so needed a new crank , I managed to pick one up from the states back when the dollar was 1:1 (ah those were the days) .

So far I have just laid out the bits to work out what I am missing / need to order and starting to clean up bits of the engine .Probably going to take a while to finish and not cheap once you add up the gasket kit and bolts/bearings but with all the other builds I might get some motivation to get it done before summer arrives.

IMG_20160602_104820.jpg

Home made engine stand makes life much easier. top side
IMG_20160602_104446.jpg

And rotated 180 deg.
IMG_20160602_104518.jpg