Thread: Yamaha R1 KYB Upgrade

Yamaha R1 KYB Upgrade

Hi Guys,

Just finished a Yamaha R1 2015/16 KYB to Matris fork cartridge upgrade and I have included some pictures.

From this work I am looking at figuring out a stock OEM upgrade path that is not only very effective but also economical. What I would like to do is ask if there is a willing R1 2015/16 owner with the KYB optioned suspension that would like to be the first cab off the rank. The cost of this would be $500 to the first rider/bike and would include front and rear springs, but more importantly a stock re-valve of the existing KYB fork internals. As all current R1 riders are experiencing, the new forks are very harsh with not a lot of feel.

Please PM me if you'd like to be this rider, as I can only do one at this price.

Of course if you have any questions regarding the above let me know :-)

Cheers Rob.

2016-07-29 09.35.30_resized_1.jpg2016-07-29 09.30.17_resized_1.jpg2016-07-29 09.31.15_resized_1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sound like a great opportunity, unfortunately mine now gone. I'd be really interested to see how you get on with it.

Sent from my iPh

I would've jumped on this for my one, but also now sold. That's very very cheap!

The front forks were surprisingly harsh, withvery little feel or feedback. The rear shock, however, was great once it was resprung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I hear they'rehaving problems with the suspension on the 2010 ZX6R too... Maybe work on that instead, I may even be able to help.

(And now we wait)

Lol Ed. If you want a good price for Rob to sort your suspension, just ask

He supports TT members.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I'll let you guys know Plumb. I've got a starter so hopefully won't be too far away from a great answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I hear they'rehaving problems with the suspension on the 2010 ZX6R too... Maybe work on that instead, I may even be able to help.

(And now we wait)
    With these forks Mr.Ed they are slightly different and one of the early big piston forks. Race tech have a good fix for these already and is quite effective. I've done several of them and the feel afterwards is night and day.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Lol Ed. If you want a good price for Rob to sort your suspension, just ask

He supports TT members.

Thanks Nick, sure do :-)

Thread Information