Thread: Tesla Hire Car

Banned

Tesla Hire Car

Drove a Model S 70 (base model) down to Canberra and up to Newcastle last week.
    Normaly $600 a day, I added unlimited km for $150. ended up doing 931km in a day without burning a single drop of fuel.
    This is the best car Ive ever driven hands down. Completely silent except when you floor it theres a bit of whine from the motor.
    This base model will beat most cars up to 80km, its got more hp than you will even need so I dont know what people want Performance Dual Motors and Ludicris for.
    The Superchargers are the business, they make it fun. I got to Goulburn and barely had time to scratch my butt (40min) and it was ready to go.
    Did a loop around Canberra Airport and back to Goulburn for a 50 min charge and coffee.
    Through Sydney for a couple of joy rides for my mates and up to the Tesla dealership in St Leonards for another 50min charge.
    Went up to Warners Bay to enlighten a few more friends and back to the Star Hotel Supercharger in Pyrmont to hand the beast back to it owner without a scratch.
    I was an AutoPilot sceptic but then I tried it and it was fun and very relaxing...untill it drove off the road 3 times in about 500km.
    On the highway, it veered slowly to the right as I watched it make it all the way to the white line ripple bumps then I grabbed the wheel and steered it back into the lane. Interesting but not scary. In total I spent 2 hours and 20 minutes Supercharging. I figured out I can do 1500km in a day.
    Definitely worth the coin if you can spare it.

https://www.facebook.com/eveehcars/

https://www.eveeh.com.au/
    Last edited by RIPPERTON; 26-06-2016 at 02:52 PM.

I absolutely love the concept, and I actually think Elon is gonna save humanity in two completely separate ways, so I'd love to try one of these!! I didn't know they were readily available; thanks for the tip!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Banned
    I dont normally do math but I averaged 200 Wh/km during that drive and did 931km so I used 186kWh worth of electrical energy.
    Cost that at 27c per kWh and it come to $50.27 payed for by the Australian Government and or relevant councils.
    Thats enough to power your house for 15 days !

Banned
    Weve been discussing this crash on another forum and this is what the crash would have looked like from the Tesla drivers POV.
    Truck turning off the Hiway in front of the Tesla.

Banned
    Plot thickens, theres a difference between the side of a truck and an overhead sign. But who is Joshua Brown and why was he "testing" an experimental version of AutoPilot while supposedly watching Harry Potter ? The crash had nothing to do with AutoPilot, it was the Emergency Brake System that was supposed to detect the truck.
    http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/0...autopilot-test

Thread Information