Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nsw state titles

Yea it was pretty sad to see. I bowed out with mechanical issues after qualifying and we had people drop off all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    looks like some of the unlimited races had 2 bikes yesterday?
    Yep one was me . I'll post up about my 1st race in a little while, small felid never the less I had an absolute ball !!!!

Sent from my iPh

i crashed twice. Otherwise if i finished the race it was no worse than 2nd place. Just the good bike wont run now soooooooooo have to sort that out. Track was shite, racing was interesting, just the weather caused it to be bad, runoff and drainage issues.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

I need to find another co sponsor for Carl !!! all help welcome

Nsw state titles

excuse the long winded post in advance... But I had an absolute ball over the weekend

after trying to race unsuccessfully over the past year due to various reasons from dropped valves, to medical issues, I finally got the chance at the state titles. I knew there wouldn't be a massive turn out in the 1000s, so I wasn't to bothered about my 1st race being state titles. As it turned out there were only enough entrants to run Unlimited clubsport / BEARS (8 entrants) and Unlimited (7 entrants) I wasn't keen on unlimited as I thought the pace would have been well above my PB, so decided that id do practice and qualify, and see how it felt.

Sat morning and it was pissing down,'I was 2nd on line, but garages didn't get opened till late so I was feeling mega rushed, had to get wets on and get myself sorted out. I headed out for practice for, 2nd time ever on wets, 1st time in actual rain. Surprising I felt pretty comfortable on the bike, all be it quite slow. Qualifying for Unlimited was 1st up, managed to put in 3 decent laps before losing the rear and sliding off into T6, damage was minimal. To my surprise I qualified 2nd for Unlimited (out of only 5 on track) but as the only D grader was stocked, I just needed to get the bike sorted so i didn't miss my one and only chance to grid up on the front row. Carl was good enough to pop in and give us a hand so I got the bike fixed in time to race but missed qualifying for clubsoprt.
    Had an absolute ball racing, I seemed to go ok in the wet Saturday, not finishing last, it was a real shame thee wasn't a bigger field, race 1 Unlimited i ran off and had to chase down 3rd which was awesome. all in all my time went to bad, considering the other 2, or 3 were B or C graders.

had a nice meal with the 600 crew sat night, and slept like a baby...

Sunday was clearing sky's, but on track there was still rivers, 1st two practices on wets, but it was drying fast. decided to got to slicks for racing, which meant I needed to stand the bike up and just potter through the wet spots, so scary coming out of 2 and 7, I recon I lost the rear 4 or 5 times, but managed to stay upright, club sport only had 3 of us racing, unlimited 4, then 3 then two... i couldn't catch the leader in the conditions, and seemed to be able to get away from 3rd, so there wasn't to much Racing as such so i bailed early to see the kids for fathers day. Still got to get out and give it a go!!!

Cant wait till November, hopefully I'll be in a position to mix it up with a few more riders

the suit adds 10 pounds I swear!!!

THE DAMAGE

WHO NEEDS A TYRE STAND WHEN YOU HAVE A SEAT, A FUNNEL AND A ROLL OF DUCT TAPE...

Last edited by Ruckos87; 06-09-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    WHO NEEDS A TYRE STAND WHEN YOU HAVE A SEAT, A FUNNEL AND A ROLL OF DUCT TAPE...
    Bahahahahahhaha!!!

Nice writeup! Great that you enjoyed it, and well done on the result!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Never saw him without a grin on his face could tell he was loving it even though it was a bit of a tough baptism

Love the wheel stands luke 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information