Thread: Projects, Projects and more Projects!

Projects, Projects and more Projects!

Thought I'd show a few of the projects I've got on the run.

1970 Kawasaki H1 500
    Picked this one up a coupe of years ago as a non-runner. It still is a non-runner but I'm slowly getting some parts together for it and hopefully will have it going and on the road within a couple of months. I have a H1D frame that one day I'll do something with. No plans for it yet though.

1980-ish Honda H100
    Bought this earlier this year. A mate is keen to start riding so I'm going to get it going and flog it to him so he can hit the streets.

Late 70s Yamaha DT100
    Bought her for $100 on ebay a few weeks ago. Plan to make it into a mini Kenny Roberts replica and just have a bit of dirt fun on it.

1981 Honda CB250RS
    The little red one closest to the front. This was my first ever bike that I bought 10 years ago. This is a labour of love to get it looking how I always envisioned it - bare bones cafe racer. Basically got all the bits I need just need the time to finish her up. Will have to sell it once it is done but can't wait to draw a line under this build and bask in its glory for a brief moment!

1975 Yamaha RD350
    This is my current daily rider. Was planning to keep it pretty stock but now I'm sussing out some chambers for it. Need to keep the two-up seat though so I can take my girlfriend on it. I have another mostly complete RD350 in pieces that I want to turn into a TD race replica eventually. Got to get these rest of these out of the way first.

And then I've got my K3 GXR600 track bike that is consuming most of my time and $$ at the moment

And my 99 GSXR 600 that I think is going to become a second track bike my dad can ride and I can use a spare.

So long story short, I have way too many bikes and have way too much money tied up in them - wouldnt have it any other way though!

Some nice interesting projects there. Thought about getting an rd 350 lc project myself but need to make some room before I start anymore bike projects.

My mate I share the workshop with has two LC's he's building up. Can't wait for him to finish one so I can take it for a spin. Actually I know quite a few people with LC's in the garage. Will be good to see someone of them on the road soon.

Wow. Impressive. I thought I had a few on the go. Nice to see your rd is the daily rider. They were super sport bikes back in the day. I will get some more pics of the XT project up in the next few days.

I've taken the RD out to EC a couple of times. It's great fun. I haven't been around on it since I put new tyres on it but would like to. I just always seem to want to keep going on my 600 though. Would be fun to take it out for a day at the South Circuit. It is way quicker than I thought it would be. Once I get the pipes and put rear sets back on it I'll bring it out for a session.

Respect man; that's some solidly cool machinery!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

That's some nice kit Dan, and your Dad's a lucky man to have that SRAD.

I've still got to check my K1's fuel tank for rust as we discussed.

I've got those temporary black race fairings - which could fit the SRAD - could they???

I paid $250 (no windscreen / fasteners / or front guard) & then $70 to have broken glass attachment at bottom of belly pan fixed. They have some cracks in them and the belly pan fitting isn't the best ... nor the colour / Daytona writing.

Was going to keep them as rain fairings as belly pan has lots of holes, then bin it when I next drop bike.

Anyway if they interest you I can put on the new Wet4U fairings over the next week or so. I'm happy to sell the black glass for what they cost me.

But I'm not selling those rims

I reckon they probably could fit the SRAD. I mean, I have GSXR1000 fairings on my K3 with little brackets knocked up to hold them so it would just be a matter of doing something similar. I'll have to have a proper look at your bike next time so I can see how it all mounts.

Let me have a think about it and I'll get back to you. I'm keen but need to work out some finances first.

You may of noticed above that I made a reference to building a TD replica with an old RD frame I had. Well...

Say hello to Audrey! She is an early 70s R5 frame with a RZ350 engine. Picked her up last week and once I'm settled into my new workshop (you know, without shit all over the place) we'll be finishing up the last few bits on her to get her ready for the road / track!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dan; 03-09-2013 at 06:52 PM.

And this is the cb250rs i've started working on again. Got a mate coming round tomorrow to work out something special for the pipes

Thread Information