Thread: Kawaka gurus

Kawaka gurus

Does anyone have a 08 upwards ZX6R or ZX10R that would know, or could measure the front axle sleeve that the axle screws into as per the photo? (Shiny silver bit on the left)

Im looking for a 30mm sleeve that a 25mm axle screws into, ideally about 42+mm long, the longer the better as I can cut it down.

Cheers & thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

Can check on weekend if someone doesnt come forward before i get home Kris

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Thought about machining one up? What thread are you after?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Hey Mick, yeah mate may need to.

25x1.5 is the thread. Ill need some custom spacers too as the fork lowers are thinner than OEM but I guess thats the second job once I get the axle fitting well.

Can you machine Titanium Mick?

Need something like this

s-l1600.jpg

This is my issue. The fork diameter for the axle is 30mm, and you can see the RSV4 axle is 25mm on the thread side.

The right side of the bike has a 30mm section which acts as a spacer, its fine. Axle is perfect, just need a bush and then a new spacer.

20160830_200553.jpg20160830_200614.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Hey Mick, yeah mate may need to.

25x1.5 is the thread. Ill need some custom spacers too as the fork lowers are thinner than OEM but I guess thats the second job once I get the axle fitting well.

Can you machine Titanium Mick?

Need something like this

s-l1600.jpg
    This is my issue. The fork diameter for the axle is 30mm, and you can see the RSV4 axle is 25mm on the thread side.

The right side of the bike has a 30mm section which acts as a spacer, its fine. Axle is perfect, just need a bush and then a new spacer.

20160830_200553.jpg20160830_200614.jpg
    I haven't tried machining Titanium Kris. Its generally a matter of getting the right tooling though.

My current lathe isn't set up for metric threading (when I eventually get a cnc lathe ...yada yada) so I would approach it with thread milling on the CNC Mill depending on how deep the thread needs to be.

alternatively making it out of Ally would suit as well... might be able to pick up an appropriate M25 Tap...

Edit - thread tap that size is available. would just need to see how it goes with Ti.
    Last edited by Little Mick; 19-09-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Cheers Mick, NCR sell one for $150. I think ill go that option, Titanium. Saves the mucking around, thank you though!

Cheers Mick, NCR sell one for $150. I think ill go that option, Titanium. Saves the mucking around, thank you though!
    that's pretty reasonable Kris. Definitely give that a go
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Thread Information