Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 5-6 Honda Rjays SMP 2016

Some intense and very entertaining racing out there this wknd boys & girls!

SSR & TT reps were pulling podiums and PB's left, right and centre. Great work!

Special mention to Junior kicking goals out there on his first meet and coming away with the D grade biscuits.

If anyone knows the inured blokes from Unlimited pass on our best for a speedy recovery - hope they're doing OK. That aside - tops weekend!

Thanks for the shout out tits. Thank you for all your pitting, I am dam sure that the SSR team appreciates all your help throughout the weekend, especially me having a break down and a crash, and losing my shit at the rear wheel that for some reason just wouldn't go on.

Absolute ripper of a weekend, some ups and downs but mainly ups which is good. Shout out to SSR team for their efforts on the weekend, couldn't pick a better bunch of boys to be around.

Prayers go out to the ones on day one accident, I heard the one in induced coma was being pulled out last night for surgery, I hope everything works out and all the best to them and their families.
    The 2008 Beast R6 "champ" #81.
    Director of TrackStop Service and Storage
    "for all your motorcycle track needs"

yesterday was a perfect day, no stoppages or red flags and the club did an awesome job

those whining on Saturday about how things were being run need to fck right off to another sport

And as usual there are some scary D graders out there knocking people off that need to calm down a bit

And I am convinced that the club really have to allow time in warm up on Saturday for at least 1 practice start which I think would reduce the chances of a start line incident. It wouldn't be hard to have it set up after turn 8 on the last lap of the session.

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    And I am convinced that the club really have to allow time in warm up on Saturday for at least 1 practice start which I think would reduce the chances of a start line incident. It wouldn't be hard to have it set up after turn 8 on the last lap of the session.
    Totally agree, Simon. The D-novice warmup session should also feature a practice start with lights.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

They had that at one stage, didn't they?? I remember doing something like that once... just can't remember if it was a race weekend or not.

Also, novicee should also be encouraged to go the drags at least once to get a good idea of what it's like to launch a bike properly. It's common sense, I think... I did it before my 1st race meeting and if it didn't make me any faster it definitely made it safer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    They had that at one stage, didn't they?? I remember doing something like that once... just can't remember if it was a race weekend or not.
    Might be thinking of the Race your Mates.

Dam, was there another start line incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Totally agree, Simon. The D-novice warmup session should also feature a practice start with lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Penko View Post
    Dam, was there another start line incident?
    Yep. It seems to be par-for-the-course with St George meets now. I've written to ARDC this morning, asking for a 'please explain'.

Agree with you on practise starts, either prove you have been to the drags or conduct one at the meeting. A night at the drags and after 5 or more passes you are pretty much ready to go. Hope everyone is ok.

Yep. It seems to be par-for-the-course with St George meets now. I've written to ARDC this morning, asking for a 'please explain'.

I hope you also asked for a please explain, as to why we cant get a bike only ardc day on the Friday. If it was a car race on the wknd, there would be no way that bikes would be invited on the friday

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Might be thinking of the Race your Mates.
    It was at EC... It might have been some sort of race school I think

It was at EC... It might have been some sort of race school I think
    James Spences Race series 2008 ish

Also, novicee should also be encouraged to go the drags at least once to get a good idea of what it's like to launch a bike properly. It's common sense, I think... I did it before my 1st race meeting and if it didn't make me any faster it definitely made it safer
    Novice racers should be doing at least 1 meeting (or more) in a lower powered environment say 400 / 300s etc that is no 600 or 1000 ... when I started racing as a D grader (when Moses was a boy and Amaroo and Oran were the Sydney tracks) you were ... from memory restricted to 250 ... 1000cc was right out - and 750 was normal max cc (just after 1100cc were banned) - normal start was a push start (Amaroo was uphill start and steeper at the pointy bit - 4 stroke guys would try and qualify on the 3 row or lower for an easier push)

I wouldn't be surprised to see 1000cc racing disappearing within the next 5 years as insurance concerns etc push speeds down
    Last edited by Linden; 07-11-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    James Spences Race series 2008 ish
    Ahhhh... that's it then!! Good times

When I did go-karting when I was younger your first few meetings you had to start from the back of the grid no matter where you qualified or finished. May be extreme, but other categories do different stuff.

What a great weekend got a Pb chasing Nafe a 1.42.229 absolutely stoked

https://youtu.be/HxYZDSGrtBs ignore the timing on the vid it's all mucked up

Sent from my iPh

In my view, this is why slow-ass bears bikes shouldn't run with F1 superbikes.

The BEARS committee had been in touch with Jan for a week approx before trying to get it changed but she wouldnt change. Same as BEARS 4/5 were in with Unlimited clubsport

Hmmmm....
    On a brighter note, awesome effort continuing all weekend. And even getting a 1st place chequered flag to boot!!!

Sent from my iPh

Here's Bears race 1 on Saturday. Great battle with Kris!! This was a lot of fun!!

Hang on a sec, so the guy on the Hyper kept going then???

Also, I LOL'd when you both ran wide into T2 hahaha at least my mistakes are similar if nothing else!
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 07-11-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Yep, went in there a little hot strangely enough, when I put on the Dunlop rear slick I didnt have the same issues pulling up as I did on the V02

Here's Bears race 1 on Saturday. Great battle with Kris!! This was a lot of fun!!

Hahaha, NICE!! Great to watch onboard. Was great from the roof too!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Well done on the weekend guys, good to see.

Well, my report is a bit all over the place so please bare with me if you will!

My goal for last weekend was to do consistent 45s by the end of it. I hadn't been on the bike since April... and before that since God knows when. And even in April I only did 1½ races, so not much really. This was the 1st time I had cross entered so I was obviously worried about getting too tired on Friday (ARDC Practice day) and not being able to handle all the races on the weekend.

Friday, did only 3 sessions and 2 of those got red flagged and on the 1st I was scrubbing in a new rear tire so didn't really push it all. Plus oil everywhere... I tried to follow ppl to see if I could improve my lines, played with tire pressure (Thanks heaps Stu!) and all that helped a bit. Not many laps in the end so shouldn't have worried. Did a best of '47 something, I think. Drank lotsa water though.

Saturday, started with the D grade FP and took it very easy. Again, concerned about fitness... Best of '51 on that session. Then skipped 600cc FP and got a new front tire before the clubsport FP (Thanks heaps Brian's dad... wish I had a better memory for names but at least I didn't call Brian "Ben" anymore. I think) so again scrubbing new tire, didn't push hard and only did 3 laps. Best of 1:47.042.

From there went to 600cc qualy where I got an amazing P26 (1:46.321) out of 40 ppl in that session (45 registered)... I say amazing 'cause I honestly thought I was gonna be even further back. I was still happy with the time though as that was pretty much my best lap time in April. Clubsport qually and I got P19 (1:45.933), PB for the year so again happy!

600cc 1st race, great start!

By far one of the best things is a decent start on a 5 lap race... not only it pretty much guarantees you a good result but it also allows you to ride amongst riders that are quite faster than you are, so lots to learn there! Unfortunately made a mess of T5 when I got caught with my hand on a weird angle and couldn't shut the throttle out of T4 and was braking and accelerating at the same time (?)... It never happened to me before or since so I have no idea how or why I did that! Hopefully it was also the last time. New PB of the year on that race too... 1:45.191

PS: I'll finish the report on the next few days as I upload the videos and etc. Also better to break it up so you don't fall sleep too hard reading all this!
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 07-11-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post

Sent from my iPh
    Had a few good scraps with ya over the weekend. Was on the ZX10r just infront on that one

Awesome start, Ed!!! Good write up too

Sent from my iPh
    Great vid, mate! Some good close racing there!

Roller-coaster weekend

The scene

started weekend with a 14 pt lead in the BEAR F5 Nation championship (read long term grudge match between me and BEARS Prez Scotty Brown)
    I'm on a 696cc 2v Ducati in monster frame and Scotty is on a 904cc 2v Ducati in a 748R frame - I'm short track (Broadford) and he is long track (PI / EC)
    So I need to win 1 of 4 legs to win
    Cross entered in Twin Sprints (Race3) which is back to back with BEARS F4 F5 (Race 4)
    Fitted a faring to see if being slipperierer helps

Practice
    After practice Scotty bike is not running ... Yeah I win but what a crap way to win
    As usual BEARS pull together and the fault is sorted (sort of unplug Power commander) and Scotty fronts the grid for race one

Race 1
    Great start (in fact all weekend I'm starting well except for one of the TwinSprint legs) - Scotty is in front by turn 2 with a D Grade UCS 1000 in between (so balls to the wall and up the inside into 2) slowly catch up but on the straight while loosing distance the UCS 1000 passes me bugger follow him into 9 and shove it up the inside (with a bit of a as I exit 9) bugger me he didn't understand and repasses me before 1 fortunately he then stands it up in to 4 and I can get on with the chase despite 1/2sec better laps it too late :(

Race 2
    Whoo Hoo I'm leading out of 12 on lap 1 :( but 2nd by turn 1 boo hoo give chase but it not working - 4 lap notice I'm not pulling as hard as normal and I've got an engine management light on :(

Decide engine light maybe due to extra heat because of faring so off it comes

Race 3
    Stop doing full distance in Twinsprints and come in after 2 play laps.
    on to the grid and Scotty balks on the Red Whoo Hoo 10sec jump start .... he in front by turn 2 but I'm hoping/praying for a jump start (slack I know) lap 1 no board ... lap 2 No board damn no penalty - anyway the faring doesn't seem have been helping same or faster at end of straight But result is the same
    OK no jump start to it all or nothing

Race 4
    Mirror of Race 3 can't get close enough to pass (and I can't hold it flat through 1 when following) oh and engine light is back on when noisy

so end the weekend 6 points behind - 2nd in BEARS for the year

Bring on 2017 with 6 rounds including Hidden Valley and 6 or more bikes in F5 my job to defend the Ducati honor against the Orange Horde (KTM 690s)
    Last edited by Linden; 08-11-2016 at 02:15 PM. Reason: "can't" not "can"

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Had a few good scraps with ya over the weekend. Was on the ZX10r just infront on that one
    Ahhhh, so did I duck up the inside of you T8 then proceed to lock up the rear and run horribly wide????

Whoops sorry...

Ahhhh, so did I duck up the inside of you T8 then proceed to lock up the rear and run horribly wide????

Whoops sorry...
    Yea was funny, always know somethings gone wrong when the bloke going up the inside is already shaking his head as he goes past

Awesome footage from Wolfie of BEARS race 2!!!! It heavily features some devilishly handsome young man on an Aprilia.

And speaking of starting from the back of the grid and passing a few people (we were speaking of that, weren't we?), here's my Unlimited race 2, where because of my morning crash I didn't qualify or do race 1. And apologies... the camera was knocked askew in the crash and I didn't check it.

And speaking of starting from the back of the grid and passing a few people (we were speaking of that, weren't we?), here's my Unlimited race 2, where because of my morning crash I didn't qualify or do race 1. And apologies... the camera was knocked askew in the crash and I didn't check it.

Thanks Nick, that was great to watch. Very entertaining mate.

Sent from my iPh

Ooh, well meme'd Luke, well meme'd indeed. 3 stars.

Only 3 stars??? Come on!

Sent from my iPh

Well played sir!!

Only 3 stars??? Come on!

Sent from my iPh
    That's "Bad Luck Brian".. that's why three stars!
    You wanted "The Most Interesting Man In The World"....

Ahhhh!! Love the post race weekend write ups and vids!! Keep em coming!!

3rd clubsportUnlimited race

https://youtu.be/-DrypLMJUP0

And little more racing before going to bed!

No time for write ups tonight, sorry!

Probably one of the best races I've had. Lots of position swapping at the front, and managed to get a new PB of 1:39.5 which I'm mega stoked about. Some great close racing.

Good battle with a D-grader on a stupid quick R6. Lost the battle by 0.001 seconds :(

600s race 1
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    Probably one of the best races I've had. Lots of position swapping at the front, and managed to get a new PB of 1:39.5 which I'm mega stoked about. Some great close racing.
    Bloody exciting mate!! Did you need to change your undies after T1 on the last lap?? A bit wide there.

Carl looked very fast too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trying times were off all day only managed a 1:39.4, but was having lots of issues with things and i broke my steering damper bolt but didnt realise until monday (remember when i was bitching about front end issues... yeh lolol) so it was headshake city. Fun racing with zooker tho, every race was like that
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Did you need to change your undies after T1 on the last lap?? A bit wide there.
    Nah, I've done it so often I'm pretty comfortable out there haha.

Awesome footage from Wolfie of BEARS race 2!!!! It heavily features some devilishly handsome young man on an Aprilia.

Sick of looking at your arse!
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    Sick of looking at your arse!
    You know you love it

It's a return of serve..... I've been staring at your arse the last few vids.

You know you love it

It's a return of serve..... I've been staring at your arse the last few vids.

<insert witty, yet tasteful homosexual insinuation comment>

<followed by I'm not judging remark>

<insert smiley face>

Can we race again like really soon?

Thread Information