Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARDC Tuesday 11th Oct

ARDC just called me, and they are going to try out our new schedule!!!! They are finalising it now, and will email me a copy soon. They are seeking feedback (by email to reception@ardc.com.au) on the new schedule, whereby bikes get more, more frequent, shorter sessions. In other words, it's not just my view that is important. But you only get to comment if you actually attend!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Pop quiz: How do you go to the ARDC day instead, but not get in trouble at uni.....?
    or get in trouble with your dad !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    ill be in a quiz and seminar at uni :(
    Field trip?
    Off campus tutorial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Awesome news on the new schedizzle... and how good is the weather outlook turned!?!

Can't effin wait.

Just gotta get Jnr's R6 sorted this arvo and we're all go.

I think he's ok now. He was huddled in the foetal position and weeping earlier, but I gather Jaz has rescued him, and he's happy again!

ARDC just called me, and they are going to try out our new schedule!!!! They are finalising it now, and will email me a copy soon. They are seeking feedback (by email to reception@ardc.com.au) on the new schedule, whereby bikes get more, more frequent, shorter sessions. In other words, it's not just my view that is important. But you only get to comment if you actually attend!
    Supporting email sent to ARDC

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Supporting email sent to ARDC

(man hug)

So, slightly different to planned... they are trialling shorter sessions for all groups. Still a big improvement!! I'm very interested to see how the cars like it.

So this feedback is that just from tomorrows riders or emails in general?

I reckon it's a tops idea, especially for the unfit riders like myself...

Is it tomorrow yet?

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

So, slightly different to planned... they are trialling shorter sessions for all groups. Still a big improvement!! I'm very interested to see how the cars like it.

Hooray!! Great when people take things on board, well done ARDC. Look forward to hearing the feedback.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

My bike is up and running, Massive thanks to Jaswib for lending me an ECU and marshy for the (bring me back up after crying myself to sleep not knowing what the prob is), and all involved with helping diagnosis. but short story is i am good to go and will be waiting outside the gate at 3 am. I know most of you think thats a joke but seriously i prob will be awake watching the clock.

BRING ON TOMORROW!!!!!
    The 2008 Beast R6 "champ" #81.
    Director of TrackStop Service and Storage
    "for all your motorcycle track needs"

great stuff

3am. GOLD. You make me feel normal!!

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    My bike is up and running, Massive thanks to Jaswib for lending me an ECU and marshy for the (bring me back up after crying myself to sleep not knowing what the prob is), and all involved with helping diagnosis. but short story is i am good to go and will be waiting outside the gate at 3 am. I know most of you think thats a joke but seriously i prob will be awake watching the clock.

BRING ON TOMORROW!!!!!
    Yiewww!! Great news matey!! Have a blast.

Awesome news Joel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Is it tomorrow yet?

Yes, I'm sure it's tomorrow now. Lets just go now. We will see Junior at the gate.

Literally first person here

Pole position!

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Have a bloody good day lads. I am trying to convince myself I'm not insanely jealous and hate you all.

It's not really working.

Oh, also, good work on the request for time changes, I'm assuming the car guys will have a whinge at the briefing in the morning, yet not actually notice in the slightest that their sessions are shorter.
    Last edited by zoidberg; 11-10-2016 at 05:55 AM. Reason: intergalactic martian brain control

How is it out there?? I'm so jealous right now

Those guys riding are jerks Luke. Jerks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i could hear u bastards out there while at work today ... even at home on weekends i can hear ya's
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Terrible day plumb. You would've hated it!!

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

I'm hating so much right now

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Bahahahahaha!!!

Unbelievable day today!!! More info soon

Unbelievable day today!!! More info soon
    I just crunched some numbers, it's soon now.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    I just crunched some numbers, it's soon now.
    Our watches are in sync.

So in the last session today, I was banging out 38.8s, feeling pretty good about my place in the world, and then Damo Cudlin shot past me and tucked in in front of me, looking over his shoulder with a 'follow me' look. I latched on, and in the one and only flying lap, dropped 1.5 SECONDS!!! and banged out a 37.3 (including stuffing up T9 and sorting ourselves out in T1). Fark me.

I thanked him profusely afterwards, and he just said 'did that help? You were looking good in some areas but I thought I could help you in a few other areas'.

Thanks Damo! Much appreciated mate

I don't know what much of this means, but I think some of it is good?

Our watches are in sync.

So in the last session today, I was banging out 38.8s, feeling pretty good about my place in the world, and then Damo Cudlin shot past me and tucked in in front of me, looking over his shoulder with a 'follow me' look. I latched on, and in the one and only flying lap, dropped 1.5 SECONDS!!! and banged out a 37.3 (including stuffing up T9 and sorting ourselves out in T1). Fark me.

I thanked him profusely afterwards, and he just said 'did that help? You were looking good in some areas but I thought I could help you in a few other areas'.

That is epic. I was grinning lie an idiot watching it.

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Good stuff Nick, Having Damo , Glenn and guys of their caliber around that are willing to share is priceless .Well done man.

Thanks Steve!! I've finally got the confidence back on the bike now. I'm still a ways off my PB of 36.1, but I can see the light again now, so I know it's not far away. Now I just need to figure out what the hell I did differently behind Damo to be (rolling lap time) 2 secs quicker than any other lap all day!

Damo was coaching two other guys yesterday, but had been watching me for a couple of laps apparently, and just decided to jump in front and give me a hand. The first I knew about it was when he appeared in front of me in T1!! Awesome guy. It's just fantastic that he thinks like that. Glenn too. And of course Alex Cudlin, who was also there helping Wolfie out for the day (we all had lunch together). Top guys, the Cudlins.

I should add that my previous PB was from 18 months ago, on the old bike and before I broke my leg the last time. I've been cheering to recently get back under a flat 40 on the new(ish) bike.

Theoretical best lap 1.33.542

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Theoretical best lap 1.33.542
    I know, right?? Faaaaaark!!

Great day Nick!
    Sold a bike and getting mojo back congrats.

how freaking good is damo, Absolute top bloke to talk to and cant give you enough info. he is great and just a fantastic rider to watch, Top work marshy , bloody top day yesterday after a bit of a blunder on sat. we all turned it around and just had the biggest smiles. I cant wait for st George round. Gonna be awesome.

Oh and just a stunning Pic of me simmo. STUNNING!!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Oh and just a stunning Pic of me simmo. STUNNING!!! hahaha
    Nick, did you try a dunlop rear? If so which one did you settle on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Nick, did you try a dunlop rear? If so which one did you settle on?
    Not yet; they haven't arrived from Melbourne yet. That was a Bridgestone, new in the morning, but very ready to be flipped by mid-afternoon. If I'd been more organised, I'd've fitted a different rim and saved the tyre until I could flip it, as the left side is very 2nd hand now. We actually got a lot of laps yesterday, and the 6 session thing was GOLD!

Stevem, you're running Dunlop now, right? What rears do you use? Kris and I were thinking that we might be losing out on some laptime on the V02s. Awesome down to 38s, but maybe we need a different rear to (more easily) drop some more laptime. Keen for your thoughts

Nice one! Good work on the V02 rear then. Maybe I need to swap out the tyre - Ive been using it since March at ASBK Wakefield like you said - doesnt wear

PS: you need to clean up your AIM sectors Duplicate the EC sector spots and youll get more accurate timing in AIM
    Last edited by Kris; 12-10-2016 at 10:44 AM.

like you said - doesnt wear
    No, but over time you lose laptime and can't work out where it's gone.

PS: you need to clean up your AIM sectors
    That was a clean install of AIM on my home computer, just so I could look at the data last night. I've just got the track laptop out and am looking at that now, with the sorted out sectors etc.

Thanks tho!

No, but over time you lose laptime and can't work out where it's gone.

That was a clean install of AIM on my home computer, just so I could look at the data last night. I've just got the track laptop out and am looking at that now, with the sorted out sectors etc.

Thanks tho!
    Yep, I should replace the rear! Will do that for my next outing. Glad you're back on the pace The video of damo is interesting, he's in/outta those corners fast by entering very late

not gonna lie, I might save that video to watch every now and then

I have been running the Dunlop H886 (#4) . I ran them in the first round of FX and all year. It is the harder of the dunlops they bring to Oz. The one to be on is H998 (#2). They are the control tyre for ASBK and they didn't have enough to sell during the year although Simon Galloway has been on them.If you can't get the 2's and it is hot enough ( at least +30 track temp) the Yamaha boys tested the 133 soft and found them a close second to the 2's. I did a back to back one day and did a 135.1 on the Dunlop 4 and the VO2 . The 4's I have run down till the dot was gone and done 35's and that is after it was flipped. The fronts I have run the 302 (4 Hard) and the 343 (3 softer) and can't fault either of them . I used the 343 in the colder months and not in summer.
    Was that software AIM Nick. I might load mine up .
    Last edited by stevem; 12-10-2016 at 03:28 PM.

PS: you need to clean up your AIM sectors Duplicate the EC sector spots and youll get more accurate timing in AIM
    Hahaha, I said the exact same thing!!

Our watches are in sync.

GREAT video and lap!! Must have been a blast to ride!
    VERY racey lines Damo takes. No room left at all.
    I always kinda assumed you had to be late apexing a lot to be going proper quick...

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    I have been running the Dunlop H886 (#4) . I ran them in the first round of FX and all year. It is the harder of the dunlops they bring to Oz. The one to be on is H998 (#2). They are the control tyre for ASBK and they didn't have enough to sell during the year although Simon Galloway has been on them.If you can't get the 2's and it is hot enough ( at least +30 track temp) the Yamaha boys tested the 133 soft and found them a close second to the 2's. I did a back to back one day and did a 135.1 on the Dunlop 4 and the VO2 . The 4's I have run down till the dot was gone and done 35's and that is after it was flipped. The fronts I have run the 302 (4 Hard) and the 343 (3 softer) and can't fault either of them . I used the 343 in the colder months and not in summer.
    Was that software AIM Nick. I might load mine up .
    Thanks mate; that's exactly what i needed. Dunlop said they didn't have any 886s, so the other day I just guessed and ordered 2 of the 998s (#2) and 2 of the 677s (#3), which arrived today. Thought I'd try them both and see. I really like the V02 rears, so it's just a test to see. I also think that I'm leaving the V02 rears on for too many days, as they don't fully wear out if you flip them regularly. And they just get gradually slower over time. If they wore out as quickly as, say, a Pirelli, they'd never get old enough to slow down

Also, nice dark line out of 8!

Thread Information