Thread: 2017 R6

2017 R6

Woohooo! Finally a new R6!
    Deff keen to have a ride on this...

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/su.../models/yzf-r6

Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Looks like World SS will be an R6 cup soon! Although, they have the 300 series starting soon and no one else seems to be releasing a 600 sportsbike anytime soon. I wonder...

Oh la la!! Veeeeery pretty!! Pretty much same as the old one underneath, tho. Not that that's a bad thing!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Incredibly good looking but I reckon everyone was expecting more

2016 r6 with the new r1 fairings, suspension and brakes. Don't get me wrong, I love the new look, but aside from some new electrickery, it's nothing spectacular. A 600 doesn't even need different power modes and TC anyway!

The 600s seem to have gotten to a point where you won't get anymore from the engines without sacrificing reliability... Euro IV and etc doesn't help it either. I would have liked to see a much lighter bike though, IIRC the CBR600 was the lightest 600 for a long time after 2007, would be good to at least match that weight. But again, heavier/bigger exhaust, ABS and etc mandatory so things are just getting harder and harder.

True, Ed. Although they must still be hurting from the gfc, as in the olden days they would've changed the frame, swingarm and subframe, just to make a different bike and encourage people to upgrade. Then again, maybe they finally learned it didn't make a massive difference to people's upgrade timetable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm astounded it doesn't come with a quickshifter as standard and is available only as an accessory. US sites were reporting 500 USD for it so going to be even more here. Think I would go aftermarket out of spite ... some pretty sweet flouro rims available though!

Bit of a downer. Triumph talked to be dropping the Daytona. Honda ditching the CBR600 in Europe and a pretty underwhelming R6 upgrade. Does seem like the slow death of the 600 class.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

They come with a QS standard in EU, which we will get too. Only in 'Merica it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    They come with a QS standard in EU, which we will get too. Only in 'Merica it's an option.
    Ah ok. 'Merica! You would hate to take away someones freedom to not have a quickshifter ... or wear a helmet.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!

Sure you can.... it's an amendment already. Just make another amendment.

Great ad.

Can anyone name the rider?

Want a hint?

Was it Baddie?

No... Captain from RATS!

There's a test with Steve Martin in the latest AMCN...

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Thread Information