Who's in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Fo shizzle!!! I'm in.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

In!!!
    Looks like it's the last day before St George

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    In!!!
    Looks like it's the last day before St George

Protest letter sent.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Protest letter sent.
    I've already explained to you why your protects will fall on deaf ears

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Protest letter sent.
    I think we should all protest your new steed. That dash is simply too cool to allow. If I can't have one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I think we should all protest your new steed. That dash is simply too cool to allow. If I can't have one.....

You, too, can have one:

hmmm possibly
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

[QUOTE=Simmo;29213]Who's in?

Isn't the Pope a Peado? Sorry that came out wrong, meant to say isn't the Pope a Catholic?

Will be loads us there, should be fun!
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

We grabbing a booked garage? Or get one on the day?
    My count is 4 possibly 5???

[QUOTE=Plumb;29289]We grabbing a booked garage? Or get one on the day?
    My count is 4 possibly 5???

I'm happy to ask Andre for garage 20 next to Glenn if you like?
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

[QUOTE=Wolfie57;29290]
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I'm happy to ask Andre for garage 20 next to Glenn if you like?
    Sounds like a plan

We (ie me and Owen) had decided on behalf of TT that we weren't gonna garage next to Glenn any more. We are arriving at 6am to queue for an hour to get a parking spot near the garage, simply because Brett, Nick C, Glenn, Cam, Mikey etc arrive at 6:55am, drive past the queue and take all the spots in front of those garages. We are now garaging in 38-40 (juuust the pit-exit side of the A-block tower) and there's ample parking, no need to get there quite so early, it's a bigger garage with fewer people, and closer to rego, the cafe, and the ground floor dunnies with the good handwash. Win-win-win-win-win.

Sounds like a better plan, last time I had to walk to back and fourth I lost my phone....

Mite be garages 37-39, now that I think of it. Whatever, it's just about under rego suite.

We (ie me and Owen) had decided on behalf of TT that we weren't gonna garage next to Glenn any more. We are arriving at 6am to queue for an hour to get a parking spot near the garage, simply because Brett, Nick C, Glenn, Cam, Mikey etc arrive at 6:55am, drive past the queue and take all the spots in front of those garages. We are now garaging in 38-40 (juuust the pit-exit side of the A-block tower) and there's ample parking, no need to get there quite so early, it's a bigger garage with fewer people, and closer to rego, the cafe, and the ground floor dunnies with the good handwash. Win-win-win-win-win.
    Ah I booked 19-20, oh well even more room I guess! See you tomorrow
    Team GASD Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    Ah I booked 19-20, oh well even more room I guess! See you tomorrow
    Don't feel like you can't join us anyway. I'm sure they won't mind if you just pull the signs off the doors.

Locked and loaded. Ready to rock.

Shit 1030 and I haven't gone to get the trailer yet, looks like an early start tomorrow morning for me

Good day today being back on the bike, good to catch up with everyone also.

Cracker of a day...

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Here you go Marshy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    Here you go Marshy. https://youtu.be/z-yjxVp0NcA
    Ooopsie!! What happened at T2 Marshy?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Also, is this what goes on in everyone's mind when this happens regardless of what side of the action you are on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Also, is this what goes on in everyone's mind when this happens regardless of what side of the action you are on?

https://youtu.be/rMBL8XdOTyM
    Bahahahaha!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Thanks Kimbo Great vid!!

Owen, I have been working on my hard braking into 2, and I think I was a bit aggressive on the brake lever, cos I bottomed out. It happened twice that day (this was the worst). I think I need a poofteenth more comp damping.

HAHAHAHA!! Thanks Ed! Awesome edit That's actually the maximum wheelie the APX will give me; it just stays at the same height and fires forward. Screen grab:

hahahaha unfortunately it was just 30fps from youtube otherwise you can see a LOADS of details if you turn the footage into super slow mo... 'puter doesn't love it though. More ram it says...

I did the same thing into T2 twice , even onto the grass once. What did you think of the grip level in general on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    I did the same thing into T2 twice , even onto the grass once. What did you think of the grip level in general on Monday?
    Interesting. So it wasn't just me. I didn't think I was going that deep or that hard, if I'm honest, so I was quite surprised about the long stopping distance. I had to readjust my braking marker for the rest of the day.

Otherwise I found the grip to be great, particularly the rear, but I credit the Dunlops with the difference. They are simply a faster tyre. They have a bunch of potential negatives (longevity, quality control, high sensitivity to the 'wrong' pressures or temperatures, needing different compounds for different times of day, etc) but there's no doubting the grip level is higher. I was consistently 1.5 to 2 secs quicker than the equivalent level of effort a week earlier. I ran the 3 in the morning sessions and changed to a 2 after lunch in the heat.

Did you think it was less grippy than usual? There were a lot of old oil stains.

The 4 lasts a lot longer and seems to work in most conditions which is what I use as practice tyres

The 4 just doesn't grip near as good as the 2 or 3 in the right conditions.

Yeah I was looking at the oil stains and wondering what the rest of the surface was like but it did feel ok. I ran a 4 in the morning and switched to a 302 front and a 133 soft rear once the track surface got up to 45c . I had used the 133 for a session on a colder day then flipped it and used it tuesday for 3 sessions. It seems like it was cold tearing at 45c track temp and 19psi off the warmers. It wasn't doing anything evil but was moving around a bit. All the same I was happy with the times, 4 low 35's and a best 1.35.17. I was trying for a 34 but there was a bit of traffic about also.What do you make of the wear on the right hand side of the tyre?
    Attached Images Attached Images

R6
    Thats 'wind burn' from going too fast...

You best slow down a bit

Will have to put the rear view up, I tried to do split screen but not tech enough. Had fun , and now with my AIM able to see where to improve. Cut the last session short, as there was a few sheep station players out there
    Last edited by Kimbo; 28-10-2016 at 10:56 AM.

It shouldn't be doing that!! Hot tear??

Those 133s are shit

It shouldn't be doing that!! Hot tear??

Those 133s are shit

That is on the right hand side also. So you think it was to hot?
    Last edited by stevem; 28-10-2016 at 06:29 PM.

More pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    That is on the right hand side also. So you think it was to hot?
    I just spoke to Rob at Well Sprung Motorcycle Suspension about it, and he says it looks like stress tear. Essentially the tyre can't cope with the combination of high stress, low pressure, high temperature. In those conditions with that tyre, you'd probably have been better at 22psi, not 19. The suspension is probably a bit too hard for the carcass, which is exacerbated by the low pressure.

Thanks for that Nick/Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post

Haha that's gold

Thread Information