Thread: Track day 8 November

Track day 8 November

Hi guys
    Anyone going Eastern Creek on 8 November ?

Not me Tuesday after a race weekend I'll be resting up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just booked the 8 November anyone going, just let me know garage 20 I think

Unlikely, after a three-day race weekend, but never say never!!

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I might have bike builds to test

Good to hear a maybe

Hi guys
    Anyone going to the track tomorrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slumpage View Post
    Hi guys
    Anyone going Eastern Creek on 8 November ?
    Hope you had a good day and were well behave mate.

I was down there yesterday and saw something I've never seen before. Tim Sanford (MA steward) delivered a short speech at the riders briefing and advised there would be penalties for riders who couldn't contain their excitement.

In our garage there were two blokes who were instructed to sit out a session due to passing under yellow flags. The next session someone was told to sit out a session for passing too close. When he questioned the decision and asked what corner, SU couldn't tell him.

I've never seen this before. I'm not saying if it's wrong or right as I didn't see any of the incidents however I'm curious if this is the norm at TD's now?

Yes, they have gone totally mad. The new GM at SU consulted a lawyer a while back, hence the very recently strongly enforced 'no lap timers', double-stamped wristband plus signature for riders briefing attendance, and the fun police for any perceived rule infraction. I can only assume the lawyer (and maybe insurance company) has read them the riot act about their liability.

So is the timing thing worse than last mth? They seemed to only pick on a few people randomly?
    Back to the old tape over the timer I suppose...

Sent from my iPh

Yes, I got pulled up and the head dude was beckoned over, where they then tried to tell me that my camera was a lap timing device, not a camera. It was pretty funny, actually. They finally realised and let me out.

Ha, well maybe they will make me remove my dash?

Yeah was a great day and nobody was penalised in the garage, I was surprised with the changes, but what can you do, they rule the roost.

We had two guys penalised in our garage, one for missing the chequered flag ( fair enough), another for dangerous passing in turn 2, was on a KTM chook chaser in B group, was on the outside of a guy about 3/4 of the way through the turn when he locked the rear( don't ask me how he did it ?) and my mate took evasive action. We had it all on video footage, we downloaded to a laptop and took it to the guys running the show. Not interested, wouldn't even look at the footage, steward was at turn two, bad luck, didn't care, pretty piss poor that there is no appeal process

Thread Information