When i was in D grade it became a common laughing point (no sarcasm/not derogatory) for the St George officials to ask me specifically "Carl, do you have anything to add?" during the D grade only briefing held after the main riders brief. Usually i would ask about the starting system, lights, flags etc (even though i had it down and sorted) and suggest to look forward not at the revs when the lights go out and to also not try to win the race on the 1st two corners. This would result in a laugh most of the time from other riders but i did it primarily to put it into the minds of a newcomer who might not have considered those points or not quite understood it completely. I dont know if this continues now that i am C grade but i have occasionally said goodmorning to Terry Whelan and he has asked my thoughts on the day so far, how i think it will turn out etc ( common track chat stuff) and ive always asked if they could repeat the previous D grade briefing pointers. In respect to time discrepancies between front and back of the grid, its always going to be huge. But there should still be the 110% rule applied, if you arent fast enough to race safely, its is the clubs responsibility to tell you. Either way i didnt have a problem with any riders over the weekend during practice or qually, i had to open my eyes and anticipate their actions more so than usual but it was easy to do.