Thread: New Fx Class Am-Sport 600

New Fx Class Am-Sport 600

Hi guys

I have been working with TON on a 600 club class for next year. A middle ground between st George and the national kids.

AM-Sport 600 class to debut at SWANN SUPERBIKE SERIES day/night Finale at SMP 16-17th December and get its own TV coverage.

The new AM-Sport 600 class which caters for 600 cc Clubsport competitors has its debut at the day / nighter series finale of the 2016 SWANN Insurance Australasian Superbike Championship at Sydney Motorsport Park on Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th December. The series finale will see racing taking place up to 8pm each day and each days racing will be broadcast live via livestreaming on various websites, Facebook and through Twitter.

The new AM-Sport 600 class is a Supersport based class which gives current Clubsport competitors another option where to race their machines against each other in a separately pointscored race within a race. The AM-Sports bikes will start their own pointscored races two rows behind the Supersport class and if there are at least sixteen entries in the class they will get their own televised stand-alone race on Saturday just like the Stars of Tomorrow C&D class already does. This would provide the AM-Sports competitors with seven (seven lap) televised races over the two days and one race dedicated to them which would not only be shown live on the day but be telecast in the SBS Speedweek and FOX Sports coverage post event. The winner of each AM-Sport race will get interviewed after each race, the top three will get interviewed at the stand alone race. With recent changes to the Stars of Tomorrow race C&D grade competitors in AM-Sport 600 riders can also cross enter in to the 6 lap ‘Stars’ race, the ‘Stars’ which is also a free cross entry for all C&D grade competitors on 600cc and above machines. Regarding passes for the event, competitors in AM-Sport will receive 4 two day double passes to the series finale valued at a RRP of $160.

To build community and help in the smooth running of the event AM-Sport competitors will be garaged collectively as a group at SMP in garages alongside each other with each competitor allocated a single bike spot in a shared garage just as happens in other classes.

Regarding rules to make things easy and simple at the first outing for the new class the AM-Sport 600 machines will basically compete under the same machine eligibility rules as the 2017 Clubsport class. There are no other technical restrictions on the machines other than no carbon fibre wheels or brakes and to keep costs down and keep the class a level playing field for all competitors, tyres (brand of your own choice) will be limited to a maximum of two marked (dry) sets (being two fronts and two rears) for qualifying and racing . As with Supersport slicks can be used. Of course all machines will have to pass the usual machine scrutineering requirements.

*Updated 11/11*
    AM-Sport will be separated into three machine age and eligibility groups and be point scored and awarded trophies separately.

Machine Eligibility Rules:
    AM-Sport 600cc A: For solo motorcycles 600cc 4 cylinder, 675cc 3 cylinder, 750cc 2 cylinder with compliance plate dated pre 31/12/2005.
    AM Sport 600cc B: For solo motorcycles 600cc 4 cylinder, 675cc 3 cylinder, 750cc 2 cylinder with compliance plate dated post 31/12/2005 dated pre 31/12/2011.
    AM-Sport C: with compliance plate dated post 31/12/2011

Entry form & Supplementary Regulations can be downloaded from the competitor section on our websites www.fxsuperbikes.com.au or www.formula-xtreme.com.au

Splitting AM-Sport up into three bike age groups gives all competitors with differnt age Supersport based bikes a chance at winning their age group category.

Regarding competition licenses and what is acceptable, unlike other promoters ARTRP the promoter of the SWANN SERIES accepts all national competition licenses not just RACERS issued ones, so if you have a MA or a older AASA license that is still valid we accept those as well.

For further information on the event or the newly announced AM-Sport 600 class please contact Terry O’Neill at 02 4981 2315 in business hours.

goes without saying... I am entering

who else is keen?

how about this new Joel superstar 38's D grade jebus !!!!

get your entries in kidds..

fill out form, pay later by eft

crazy.... no body is interested on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    crazy.... no body is interested on this forum?
    I'd say most of the 600 riders on this forum are already in the am-sport 600 facebook group and up to date
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Or aren't that interested in FX.....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Pretty much the same as St.George with the way its been structured... My fun funds are low atm or I would have joined in a heartbeat. Great time of the year to race!

I'll be there for the pre-2005 when this thing is going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

This was a great event over the weekend. A credit to all those that competed. And a few dark horses in the woodwork. Well done to all competitors and congratulations on making it a successful class. For those that weren't sure, I was the guy in scrutineering that everyone complains too about their next event being on soon ��. Thanks for everyones patience and working with us. Everyone looked like they had a great time and minimal incidents on track all weekend. Loved seeing everyone enjoying themselves. Looking forward to this class growing further in the new year

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Little Mick; 18-12-2016 at 07:02 PM.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Big thanks to Mr Ed and Ryan for helping out at short notice as well. Very much appreciated and with the extra help we can respond much quicker.

Last edited by Little Mick; 18-12-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    This was a great e event over the weekend. A credit to all those that competed. And a feew dark horses in the woodwork. Well done to all competitors and congratulations on making it a successful class. For those that werent sure, I was the guy in scrutineering that everyone complains too about their next event being on soon ��. Thanks for everyones patience and working with us. Everyone looked like they had a great time and minimal incidents on track all weekend. Loved seeing everyone enjoying themselves. Lookimg forward to this class growing further in the new year

I think this class will grow especially with the long breaks between St G meetings. I'll be back in next year for sure. Just as a matter of interest, did they separate the A, B and C categories for point scoring (not rider grading but year of compliance)?

I think so Bill but the boys racing will know for sure.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

A 1000 class would be nice too. Glad it went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    A 1000 class would be nice too. Glad it went well.
    Formula oz is the biz there krackeye. Plenty of fun and all grades

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Thread Information