I quite like wakie as well, I've crashed a bit there but touchwood, nothing to serious as yet. I fully understand choosing not to race there if you have.

At Wakie though over the past year or so, since Ton parted ways. The ride days have been so lowly attended they merge novice / beginners and fast/race even two weekends ago a dry Saturday after the new 2017 prices at Stay upright were released, groups were merged.
Bonus is you get 15 min on track 15 off. You can do 8 sessions by 1pm and head home. Last time I was there (admittedly it was wet mid week) I had the track to myself for two full sessions.

Down side is if attendance stays like it is, they won't run bike days and EC will have a total monopoly until (if) some of these proposed new tracks are up and running.

Then if there are no ride days, St George will be hard pressed to get a race weekend slot, if they do who'll race there in the cold with little or no track knowledge??? Some, but I suspect not many.

I'm sure if wakie were approached by St George they could / would schedule some "summer" race's, if for nothing more than to get riders down for ride day practice prior. The more you ride there the better it seems, and the more likely you would be to race in the cold if you had to.

I can't fault St George at all. I know I'm two hard pressed for time to assist but just my 2c on Wakefield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk