Thread: MoMs 2017 rule changes

MoMs 2017 rule changes

I'm going to have a proper read tomorrow to see what else may have changed, but looks like one of the rule changes is in relation to coolant

The only liquid coolants permitted are is
    water and non-glycol coolants. Glycol
    and coolants manufactured with glycol
    are not allowed.

Assuming St George will amend there supp regs??? Or will they ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoMs 2017 rule changes

FX just approved this for FX. Might have a financial incentive though

Please be aware that this particular brand of non glycol based coolant is now allowed to be used at our events including the SWANN SERIES finale at SMP on the 16-17th of this month.

Last edited by Ruckos87; 01-12-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Bring your empty bottle as proof

be interesting to see how they scrutineer this

It's for sale there, just buy some, drain and refill

I'm sure there's a way to test just for glycol... I mean, these are the same rules they've had in the US for yonks so there has to be way.

i foresee lots of arguing with ye olde scrutes hahaha

oh you can count on that hahaha

One specific brand allowed? Pfft. I said PFFT!

Ooooh, this is good. Hopefully an end to badly maintained cooling systems full of calcium and rust!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Just curious has if anyone knows if StG actually confirmed they are going to accept coolants? I thought half the point of water was its simple to police. Its either water or it isn't. None of this dragging the container you used up to scrutineering. I know StG like to make their own rules whenever it pleases them.

I've not heard anything. I suspect they will insist on plain water. But who knows.

It's a mountain out of a molehill anyway.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I was actually talking to a couple of them about it at the pressos, they said they had to try to work out a way to test for glycol as they will be allowing these non glycol based race coolants in. Didn't sound like they were requiring the bottle to be taken up.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    I was actually talking to a couple of them about it at the pressos, they said they had to try to work out a way to test for glycol as they will be allowing these non glycol based race coolants in. Didn't sound like they were requiring the bottle to be taken up.
    Researching the content of your protests already Nafe? The year hasn't even started yet

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    I think Marshy will be spot on here.
    As they may not have a simple way to test for Glycol as yet it will be water or nothing else.

Unfortunately MA may have brought the MoMs into the 20th century , but may have no simple test for glycol, leaving it up to the clubs running it.

Clubs cannot afford expensive test equipment & don't have the time at scrutineering as it is now !
    You can never have Too many Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Researching the content of your protests already Nafe? The year hasn't even started yet

Protest letter sent.

They have the same rules for years in the US... if they found a way to check for glycol, I'm sure we can too. Or at least copy their idea and pretend they copied it from us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    They have the same rules for years in the US... if they found a way to check for glycol, I'm sure we can too. Or at least copy their idea and pretend they copied it from us?
    We have finally changed the rules, but have MA put into place the testing process ? Let's hoe so

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    You can never have Too many Bikes

Does anyone know who stocks Liquid Performance products? I got some a few years ago but it involved a lot of stuffing around to find it.

MoMs 2017 rule changes

Quote Originally Posted by chicken16 View Post
    Does anyone know who stocks Liquid Performance products? I got some a few years ago but it involved a lot of stuffing around to find it.
    It's only fx that specify it, and I fail to see how they'll tell the brands apart, st George are happy with any non glycol coolant.

I'm thinking group buy???? Anyone care to arrange.

(Cough cough) marshy

Last edited by Ruckos87; 20-12-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Lemme look......
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

For clarification, fx didnt limit it to one brand. TON posted up on facebook a day or 2 after this was announced. Non glycol coolants acceptable.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    For clarification, fx didnt limit it to one brand. TON posted up on facebook a day or 2 after this was announced. Non glycol coolants acceptable.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Fair enough, probably didn't get as high in the Feed on FB. A good call

Thread Information