Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St George 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I was wondering that very same thing today. What's the highest anybody has raced in?
    Mine would be 38 maybe.
    3 years ago, the February St George meet was 44 degrees. That was a hot day, but luckily the humidity was low.

The 6 hour that Stu mentioned was a scorcher too, but I didn't race at it. I actually did a track day at Eastern Creek that day (one of my first ever track days) and called out to the 6 Hour to watch the finish.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Jakels View Post
    So with temps of 44-45 degrees mentioned as being possible this weekend it made me wonder...
    What is the heat policy for racing?
    Turns out that when the flaggies start passing out from the heat, they call the day off. We got cut short at about 3pm today, and it was the right call.... it was just stinking hot!! I only got one race in, Unlimited on the R1. Launch didn't seem to be doing what I expected on the very first time trying to get the bike off the line.......

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Turns out that when the flaggies start passing out from the heat, they call the day off. We got cut short at about 3pm today, and it was the right call.... it was just stinking hot!! I only got one race in, Unlimited on the R1. Launch didn't seem to be doing what I expected on the very first time trying to get the bike off the line.......

Tricky start! Was that Woolich or Yamaha??
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Woolich. Gonna try Yamaha next....

Shit marshy. I am hopeless at starting , even with Ape LC. That made me look like the maestro of holeshots. ha. ha

The 2nd (and final) start on the R1 was much better, but still not great. Makes me realise just how good the launch on the APX Aprilia is.

Doesn't sound like a lot of engine braking on the R1... then again, I've obviously never ridden the new one!

Engine braking is bad, m'kaaaaay? Glenn and Yamaha struggled initially with too much engine braking, until they finally could get into the ecu.

BEARS race 1. The front camera fell off and flapped hard against the side of the bike.... I nearly ran off trying to catch it!! It eventually stopped recording, but was otherwise unharmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This race was tops!! Very exciting. Final bears race:

Marshy! That was sick! I was yelling at the screen. Ape launches better than the Yammie eh?

Unlimited clubsport race 2. Set my PB, only by .3 seconds, didn't quite crack a 40 yet, but it's coming. Feeling loads more comfortable on the CBR now and starting to try and change lines around, which I find I really can on this compared to the old girl.

Other than not getting the ZX10, I really enjoyed this one, loads of fun. Faster times to come. Cannot bloody wait for the next race!!!

Thought you were going to bridge that gap on the last lap for a nip into 9 Nath. You and I would be a nice match mano a mano.
    And Marshy, those opening two laps were a treat. Nice riding. How were the lap times between the Yammie and Ape?

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Unlimited clubsport race 2.
    Looking good mate! Nice lines. You could go up one tooth on the rear gearing, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    And Marshy, those opening two laps were a treat. Nice riding. How were the lap times between the Yammie and Ape?
    Thanks maaaaaaate! The times were virtually identical. I mean, I qualified yesterday on the Ape with a 1:40.072 compared to a 1:40.075 on the Yammie. 3 thousandths of a second difference!!

In the races I ended up quicker on the Aprilia, 38.4 I think, compared to a 38.9 on the Yammie. Not much in it. The Aprilia is much much much nicer to ride. In the heat (which seemed to sap horsepower from the Aprilia more than the Yamaha) the Yammie was just a bit more powerful. Not as good around turns, but stronger down the straight. Swings and roundabouts!

Unlimited clubsport race 2. Set my PB, only by .3 seconds, didn't quite crack a 40 yet, but it's coming. Feeling loads more comfortable on the CBR now and starting to try and change lines around, which I find I really can on this compared to the old girl.

Other than not getting the ZX10, I really enjoyed this one, loads of fun. Faster times to come. Cannot bloody wait for the next race!!!

A PBs a PB mate awesome work. Gezzz I love that dash

St George 2017

Thanks maaaaaaate! The times were virtually identical. I mean, I qualified yesterday on the Ape with a 1:40.072 compared to a 1:40.075 on the Yammie. 3 thousandths of a second difference!!

In the races I ended up quicker on the Aprilia, 38.4 I think, compared to a 38.9 on the Yammie. Not much in it. The Aprilia is much much much nicer to ride. In the heat (which seemed to sap horsepower from the Aprilia more than the Yamaha) the Yammie was just a bit more powerful. Not as good around turns, but stronger? down the straight. Swings and roundabouts!
    But the Aprilia looks nicer so should push it into the lead....jokes aside similar times after what? Quali and one race???
    Not bad did rob set it up

Yeah, not too much seat time and it was surprisingly quick. Glenn did the Mupo install, and then Rob made a big difference with the clickers to get me a lot more comfortable on it. It turns out that I'm not quite at Glenn's level.... yet!

I reckon there was a good second, maybe up to 2 seconds being lost on the Aprilia due to the extreme heat. The morning session it felt ultra powerful, like normal, but then as the temp got over 35 ambient, I could feel it start losing hp. Might be a fuelling thing? The Yammie just didn't drop off in power, but looking at the zorst and I reckon it's running a bit lean, which would explain all the power. Not good for engine life though, so I need to get it properly mapped, not just a downloaded map off the interwebs. And fit the auto-tune sitting in my workshop.

I feel like a TV star...or Z list celebrity. I'll return the favour and get my videos up shortly, there should be some footage of your front row start as well Nafe!

PS Whatever happened to using skill when launching? All this electrickery is cheating!
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

I use all sorts of skill in engaging launch control..... oh wait, it engages automatically when I drop below 10kph. Move along, nothing to see here.

I use all sorts of skill in engaging launch control..... oh wait, it engages automatically when I drop below 10kph. Move along, nothing to see here.
    Haha, judging by my start in Clubsport I need to get myself one of those!
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Yiewww!! PB on the new machine and in blistering heat, well done fellah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    PS Whatever happened to using skill when launching? All this electrickery is cheating!
    Soooo, you're NOT using this new whiz bang electronics package then??

Here you go - BEARS race 1, just for a change plenty of Marshy to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-a...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Wolfie57; 13-02-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    Team GASD Racing

Yamaha suits you Marshy!

Eastern Creek & Wakefield Photos: facebook.com/wilsonphotomedia

yeh I use skill too . when I take of from the traffic lights .

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Thought you were going to bridge that gap on the last lap for a nip into 9 Nath. You and I would be a nice match mano a mano.
    thanks Marcus, it wasn't thgough lack of trying I tell you! I kinda stuffed 9 on the last lap and ran it wide, couldn't get on the gas quick enough, then I lost him... Looking forward to having a dice with you mate!

Marshy, I think you're right, only just clicking 6th down the straight, could probably run out 5th. Might give me a little more punch. I was thinking that out of 3 and 5 and 9 I wish I had a little more drive...

Plumb, I reckon the vid would have you appearing in it if you had been able to race...

Thanks Owen, it wasn't that hot that race, but I'll claim the PB!!!

Wolfie, the front row start is a vid of me getting blitzed by 4 blokes in the first lap, then I may aswell be on track myself... I need a better start to get a better first lap, bigger balls and more skill, then hopefully I will be able to stick with you guys for a couple more laps and get my times down!

Quote Originally Posted by wil55n View Post
    Thanks David!! That's a keeper, that photo. Great shot. I do like the Yamahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    Here you go - BEARS race 1, just for a change plenty of Marshy to watch!
    Jeez my bum looks good in that....

Some more footage from BEARS. Nafe ill send you a video of your start......its short!

Team GASD Racing

Nice video mate, thanks!!

Nice video mate, thanks!!

Pleasure, thought you'd like that one
    Team GASD Racing

How does the track feel Marshy?

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Don't cut my sides off!!

St George 2017

I still recon there's air between your gloves and the track
    #fingersdown2017

I touched it down, then lifted it back up again!! Didn't want to wear through my glove.

#thatsmystory
    #cantproveotherwise
    #tryingsohardtobecool

I did that accidentally on my way out of T12, scary thing when you're not actually trying to scrape your fingers...

St George 2017

I touched it down, then lifted it back up again!! Didn't want to wear through my glove.

Like nafe and his knee sliders

Here's another pic from later in the corner that seems to indicate Contact?
    #fingergate

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

I seem to have an issue with Tapatalk can't see anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I seem to have an issue with Tapatalk can't see anything at all

Something about a corner... ? Didn't see a thing

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    You can never have Too many Bikes

#fingergate
    #vindicated
    #toldyouiwascool
    #tryhardernexttimefellas

first 600cc clubby race

The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

Hey Stu ... :p

visit my page:

Bahahaha top fun thanks for loading up that cam... was a good fun race

NSW Motorcycle Road Race Championships - Wakefield Park - 2 Plus 4 Meeting - 29/30 April 2017

I can actually do this. Why not? April won't be to bad at the Bourn.

Until they have to clean up oil after every car race

Hmmmm, didn't notice it's 2 + 4. Doesn't appeal much, mostly because it's Wakefield, if I'm honest.

Ahhhh! Four meaning 4 wheels. I get it. Well if we are treated like the "special" cousin at practice days I can only imagine a race week end with them.

The 2nd (and final) start on the R1 was much better, but still not great. Makes me realise just how good the launch on the APX Aprilia is.

Werent wrong about the R1 off the corner

Thread Information