Thread: FX

FX

Terry was saying he would have his dates out for 2017 FX today. Interesting to see what he has come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Terry was saying he would have his dates out for 2017 FX today. Interesting to see what he has come up with.
    Me too Steve. Very keen to see what's scheduled for 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've all been waiting for a while......
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Interested to see who will be entering too... A lot have gone back to ASBK.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

FX

Post from terry on FB 18-1-17

My apologies to everyone regarding not announcing the 2017 calendar yesterday as I said last week I would. Unfortunately because there are some people I am dealing with still away on holidays etc I have not yet been able finalise several related things out as I thought I would have by now. I need to get these things signed off on prior to announcing everything.
    I know there are rumours about there being no series this year with all sorts of interesting reasons given, but this is not correct, there will be a 2017 series, the calendar is set and ready to go.
    Please bear with me on this until I can announce everything at once, I can say round one is a three day round (like all rounds will be this year) and it is at SMSP on the 7-9th April, so everyone can start to get ready for that.

By the way the Supersport and AM-Sport 600 racing is on SBS Speedweek this coming Sunday from 2pm to 3pm and the major supports classes including the STARS of TOMORROW race, FX300 Ninja's, Formula Oz and Pro-Twins is on the Sunday after. ... cheers Terry.

Good to see Lee.

MAJOR REVAMP OF THE 2017 SWANN SUPER SERIES ANNOUNCED
    2017 Swann Logo LongIn its fourth year, the nationally televised Swann Insurance Australasian Superbike Championship will receive a major revamp making the series more compact and affordable. The series still retains six separately point scored rounds that will for 2017 be spread over three major weekend events with each event being a double-header round.

Terry O’Neill the managing director of ARTRP the promoters of the SWANN SUPER SERIES commented “In the off season we did quite a bit of research and found repeatedly that many competitors are no longer financially or worktime wise able to do six long weekends of driving all around the country to race at a national level. So, it was decided the best thing to do was run a series that reflects what most competitors can afford at present and the best model we found was to go back to the original successful SWANN SERIES concept from the 70’s and 80’s of three major events that by its very nature looks after the competitors racing budget while not compromising their jobs or businesses because it reduces the amount of time away. O’Neill added “However the revamp will not compromise the excellent TV and electronic media exposure that the competitors in each class along with their personal sponsors have come to expect.”

2017 SWANN SUPER SERIES calendar:
    Rounds 1 & 2 … 7th -9th April Sydney Motorsport Park NSW
    Rounds 3 & 4 … 14th – 16th July Queensland Raceway Qld
    Rounds 5 & 6 … 3rd – 5th November Sydney Motorsport Park NSW

As announced earlier the SWANN SUPER SERIES also returns to the popular three-day format with Friday being a non-mandatory practice day with each class receiving five sessions.

How does a double header round work? As an example, at each of the three events the Saturday is round one of the series and includes qualifying and racing for all classes along with a progressive grid.

Sunday’s second round of the series grid positions for the first race will once again be taken from the Saturday qualifying session and apart from early morning warm up sessions the rest of the day is a full day of racing again with a progressive grid.

Today’s announcement covers the make-up of the new series calendar, there will be a number of important announcements prior to the weekend that will cover all other important aspects of the series.
    For further details please contact Terry O’Neill at ARTRP on 02 49812315 within business hours.

Not quite sure how I feel about this........ thoughts, anyone?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

It looks a little bit like a slightly less cold, yet more expensive St George series. Jebus, we need new tracks in NSW bad...

Im still so keen to race PI, but this seem to fit in quite nicely with the st George calendar, every one love racing SMSP and QLD in July could be thought of as more appealing than Wakie in August

I'll still be doing all ST George, but this might be on the cards pending aproval from the minister for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Not quite sure how I feel about this........ thoughts, anyone?
    IMO, it's not a bad outcome. TON is putting together a better organised STG, that fits between the gaps of 2017 race calendar.

As rightly said by Luke, QLD in July does sound much much better than ice skating at WP in the middle of winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    QLD in July does sound much much better than ice skating at WP in the middle of winter!
    Agreed!!
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

I like it, I will look at doing the series. Affordable and fills in the gaps in the calendar like Lee says

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    IMO, it's not a bad outcome. TON is putting together a better organised STG, that fits between the gaps of 2017 race calendar.

As rightly said by Luke, QLD in July does sound much much better than ice skating at WP in the middle of winter!

Yep with you on that. Price is more but for the coverage and organisation etc, to me it's more compelling than it's ever been.
    Might have to get the fridge calendar updated....
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Thread Information