Thread: ARDC 10th Feb

ARDC 10th Feb

Hey guys, not sure what the format is for the 10th Feb, I know that it is just us and L2S cars but just thinking it might be worth getting your entry in early.

I imagine based on the number of people racing that weekend there could be ALOT of bikes turning up and I've no idea if there is a limit or not.

I'm not gonna risk it and leave it to the last minute
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

It is a good idea to get in early but having said that, last time they broke bikes into 2 groups since there were that many of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    Hey guys, not sure what the format is for the 10th Feb, I know that it is just us and L2S cars but just thinking it might be worth getting your entry in early.

I imagine based on the number of people racing that weekend there could be ALOT of bikes turning up and I've no idea if there is a limit or not.

I'm not gonna risk it and leave it to the last minute
    Agree mark, I will send my forms in tomorrow
    Should be a great weekend, and weather is looking great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep forms in tomorrow. Just need the garage allocation and we're ready to rock.

Forms are in

I'm just making arrangements to pick up my prize from ARDC from the Family Day, a Pepsi motorised esky!! Very exciting! SSR will have a new pit vehicle for the St George race meet......
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Forms now in.

Nice one Marshy, just remember no Glycol based coolant in it

Cool re the glycol, and I'm pretty sure everyone will be ok with the NOS setup I'm fitting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Cool re the glycol, and I'm pretty sure everyone will be ok with the NOS setup I'm fitting.....

Haaaaaaaaa! Also, form in.

Carl and I will be putting our forms in tonight.. i need all the track time i can get

22 pre registered. Not a really good showing considering we were pushing for bike only, pre St George

Get your forms in, people!!! Lets impress ARDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    i need all the track time i can get
    Yes, and we can see why from your avatar pic lmao
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

nothing wrong with a track inspection

Best avatar ever!

Only 23 forms (including mine sent yesterday). Get on it, peeps! You know you're going, so pre-book to make rego a breeze.

Prices have gone up. $150 members, $180 non.

I replied:

Oh goody, another price increase. Because that's working soooooo well for the Stay Upright track days. Did you see there were only 38 people booked in for last thursday? People are voting with their wallets!! Track days are too expensive now.

Too soon?

looks like a nicer day on friday than the weekend racing temps

Ummmm, not much:

Friday 10 February

SummaryMin 20 Max 40 Hot and mostly sunny.Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 0%
    Sydney area

Very hot and mostly sunny. Light winds becoming northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 5:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

Saturday 11 February

SummaryMin 23 Max 43 Very hot and mostly sunny.Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 5%
    Sydney area

Very hot and mostly sunny. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending northwest to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon then tending southeast to southwesterly during the evening.

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 5:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

Sunday 12 February

SummaryMin 24 Max 38 Hot. Shower or two.Possible rainfall: 0 to 3 mm Chance of any rain: 60%
    Sydney area

Hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely later in the day. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h shifting southerly 25 to 40 km/h during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Prices have gone up. $150 members, $180 non.

I replied:

Oh goody, another price increase. Because that's working soooooo well for the Stay Upright track days. Did you see there were only 38 people booked in for last thursday? People are voting with their wallets!! Track days are too expensive now.

Too soon?
    Never to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Never to soon.

How much is the average car club day, not ardc. I think I saw one at $365. Maybe we are the poor cousins, Do they need or want us?

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    How much is the average car club day, not ardc. I think I saw one at $365. Maybe we are the poor cousins, Do they need or want us?
    Good question, it sorta feels like they HAVE to put up with us..
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Oh shit, glad I am in -14 degrees

From a commercial site but worth thinking about ... I'm trying to add 500-1000ml to my normal intake today and tomorrow - https://www.powerade.com.au/sports-h...nd-competition

What happens to your body when you are dehydrated?

Starting exercise properly hydrated gives you the best chance of minimising dehydration as you train, play, or race hard. It can also help keep your blood volume at optimal levels, and allows you to sweat to remove heat effectively. Athletes that are well hydrated are also likely to have better concentration and skill learning ability.

The following are some examples of what could happen to your body when you are dehydrated:
    Thicker blood:When you start to dehydrate, your blood volume decreases and starts to thicken and slow. This puts pressure on your heart, making it work harder to pump oxygen and glucose to your muscles.
    Muscles fatigue:Your active muscles lose muscle strength and fatigue.
    Mental fatigue:Reaction times, concentration and decision making ability decrease.
    Overheating:As the cooling effect of sweating decreases due to less fluid in your body, your core temperature rises.

Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration

It's important to recognise the following signs of dehydration. Some of the symptoms include:
    •Increased thirst
    Dry mouth
    •Light-headedness
    •Fatigue
    •Impaired mental focus
    •Low/Dark urine output
    •Dull headache
    •Increased heart rate

When you’re thirsty, it’s your body’s way of saying you’re already dehydrated. As little as 2% dehydration (that is, 1.4kg loss in a 70kg person) may lead to a noticeable decrease in performance. Dehydration results in increased body temperature, increased heart rate, increased ratings of effort, reduced physical performance, and reduced mental performance1. Hence, drinking during exercise can help minimise detrimental effects, especially during more prolonged and / or higher intensities of exercise. There is also now some evidence that drinking cool fluids actually helps keep your body temperature down when you’re exercising in the heat as well2. Mild dehydration can affect physical and mental performance, while severe dehydration can be life-threatening. Dehydration can develop quickly under some conditions, such as extreme heat. To avoid dehydration and perform at your best, pay attention to your thirst and make sure you consume plenty of fluids during the day.
    Last edited by Linden; 09-02-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Also ... what do you guys think of requesting 1 lap less for the afternoon races ... I'm guessing they will want to resupply the marshals regularly anyway - for the BEARS races where I'm on the back (or 2nd back) row I'm probably going to do pit lane starts as well (extra 2-3 mins out of the sun on an AIR cooled motorcycle)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    Oh shit, glad I am in -14 degrees
    can you bottle some and send it over ... :( <SNOW>

hey who noticed this ....

7.00- 8.00am Scrutineering for machines in Practice PN,P1-P4.
    8.00am. Riders Briefing
    8.30-9.00am Scrutineering for machines in Practices P5 to P8

Bit silly cut off really as lots of P5 & P7 Guys are cross entered in earlier events or are novices - bet no P8 show up at all

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Also ... what do you guys think of requesting 1 lap less for the afternoon races ...
    I'd be ok with that. Good thinking.

Me to.

Great info on hydrating Linden.

Start hydrating now also

No interest in cutting the laps, its the same for everyone and up to us to keep hydrated etc. Whatever you do don't use Powerade though, all it will do is give you stomach ache from all the sugar! You need to take Electrolytes that you can get from rehydration tablets rather than drinking sugary energy drinks.

I know loads of people that are coming tomorrow but haven't sent their forms in so hopefully we will have enough to impress ARDC tomorrow. I agree that if we don't get many more its not going to help our cause at all!

The forecast has changed again as well - 44 Fri,45 Sat, 39 Sun and no rain
    http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...it.aspx?sday=1

On a scale of 1-10 excitement/nervous level = 11!!
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

so 4 laps race? If they go ahead with this is, it's the last time I ever do StGeorge... and this is coming from someone who has marshaled multiple times in all sorts of weather.

Yeah, cutting laps doesn't work for me either. St George will have their people looked after (I've made sure, as my lady friend is marshalling for the first).

We as riders have to look after ourselves, and keep an eye on others too. We know what we signed up for.

Great info about hydration Linden!

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    hey who noticed this ....

7.00- 8.00am Scrutineering for machines in Practice PN,P1-P4.
    8.00am. Riders Briefing
    8.30-9.00am Scrutineering for machines in Practices P5 to P8

Bit silly cut off really as lots of P5 & P7 Guys are cross entered in earlier events or are novices - bet no P8 show up at all

Where did this information come from Linden?

5 laps races is too short as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Helmet View Post
    here:

http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=w2y2s2
    visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Helmet View Post
    Time table in the sup regs.

how many ppl have melted out there today?
    visit my page:

Thread Information