One of my bikes recently had a small accident and broke a steering stop - a very common occurrence on racebikes! Here's how to fix one. It's not very time-consuming once the triples are out of the steering head.

The problem:

Support the bike so that you can remove the lower triple clamps - obviously a headlift stand isn't gonna work

Undo the steering head nut

Clamp securely

Drill a 5 or 5.5mm hole. No need to go all the way through! Use a shorter bolt, or trim the bolt down

Tap a 6mm thread

Insert a 6mm bolt. It important to get the height slightly lower (couple of mm) than the OEM steering stop. Mine is a couple of mm higher than optimal, but is close enough for government work. Check it against the other side

Get some of this magic liquid metal stuff!! Cheap from Bunnings etc, and very easy to work with.

Knead the epoxy and shape it into a new stop, over the bolt.

Admire your work for 10 minutes while the epoxy sets! (It'll be rock solid in under an hour, but is solid enough to put back in the bike after 10 or 15 mins)

Reinstall, and check that it clears the frame! If it's too high, it'll catch.....

Handyman would've spray-painted it silver, and then you'd never know it was a repair! I didn't have any (and it's a racebike, so who cares, right?) so I just left it looking ugly but fully functional.