Thread: ASBK - Wakefield - how is Carl

ASBK - Wakefield - how is Carl

He walked to medical ...

Good question. I hope he's ok. He looked ok initially, but the walk to medical didn't look as good. Bloody good riding by the young'un. They should've red flagged that race a lap, lap and a half, earlier. It was just silly.... they waited until half a dozen plus bikes had crashed out, then flagged it. Silly stuff. It was clearly too wet to continue, and it was declared dry, so the right call was to stop it immediately. It's not flag-to-flag, and because it wasn't declared 'wet' (I don't think it was, was it?), it should've been stopped straight away. If it had been declared 'wet' before the start, it should've continued.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

hi guys, thanks for the well wishes means a lot. It was a pretty big one, thats for sure, but the race gods were smiling yup no lack of adhesion flags waved at all, sudden rain and that side of the track was soaked with no warnings given, guys crashing all over the place. Carl hit the deck pretty hard in the middle of the kink, but is ok. he was a bit wobbly so i helped him walk down to medical. He is fine, just had a numb and tingly arm, but the feeling is coming back now. just a bit bruised and battered. even the bike is kind of ok, tank needs a bit of love, some clipon bars ( nick ill get in contact for some ). and some other bits and pieces
    But didnt Carl and Grant do well, awesome racing and getting faster every lap

ill let carl update you all on his weekends adventures a bit later

cheers

stu

Yeh guys all good. Picked the bike up and got halfway up the hill and my arm went completely dead, couldnt move fingers, elbow nuthing. Rolled it on on the clutch and rear brake and went to medical. Feeling came back gradually, they think i crushed the nerve. Arm is still feeling foreign, but i can move my fingers and arm now. Still gets tingles up and down and its super stiff and heavy, definitely isnt right yet but no breaks. Was a bit concerning went it just stopped working. Lucky Grant and I didnt do more damage to the bikes and ourselves, but the flags should have come out asap. We both just started braking and both tucked it was that wet.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Glad to hear you're all good, buddy!!
    Fantastic riding there. Really well done to be hanging with the big boys!
    I wasn't there to witness the marshalling but there were WAY to many offs that could have been prevented from a spectator's point of view.
    ANYBODY who has ridden with slicks in the rain knows just how quickly the grip goes.
    Glad you're not too badly off, Carl. Hope the repairs don't mount up to much either and you're back out soon!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Great work guys glad everyone is in one piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched on TV, Carl you were going great at that level. Well done.

It was awesome to be able to watch it live too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Arm still feeling foreign, but i can move my fingers and arm now.
    They call that the Stranger 🤣

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ue&defid=66220

im still pissy that Grant beat me in Race 1 hahahahah bloody cheeky bastard followed me and pipped me at the post on the last lap
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

So Carl... its 1 each for televised Kitson crashes !! this is a competition i do not want you to win !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    So Carl... its 1 each for televised Kitson crashes !! this is a competition i do not want you to win !!
    I would have thought you would want the competition over - with a draw declared

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    What fun would that be???
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Just to be clear here I meant no more crashes (televised or other) for either of you ....

Great racing. It was tops to have a familiar name to cheer on. Even when the camera found Carl walking to the med centre and they started guessing who it was, I was yelling KITSON at the TV.
    Wasn't as hard to spot the bike in the pack, man that paint scheme glows!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    im still pissy that Grant beat me in Race 1 hahahahah bloody cheeky bastard followed me and pipped me at the post on the last lap
    Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information