Thread: FX RD1+2 SMSP

FX RD1+2 SMSP

How did everybody go on the weekend?
    Any pics, vids or stories?
    It was a great vibe out there. I really think TON has found the right place for FX, between club rounds and ASBK.
    Excellent to have privateers on the TV too!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

FX RD1+2 SMSP

What a great weekend! TON did a great job.
    New PB's and some close racing.

hung out with some old and new friends, cannot wait for the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Leezx10r; 11-04-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Hahaha, great pics Lee!! That one with the visor up is amazing!
    Are you on track with an R6 in one of them?? Was that the Stars Of Tomorrow? Didn't realise there were different classes on the same grid!

I couldn't race due to family commitments but was allowed to do the Friday practices. Seemed like a pretty well organised event. Heaps of track time and a PB also (only by 0.06) but hey, I'll take it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Hahaha, great pics Lee!! That one with the visor up is amazing!
    Are you on track with an R6 in one of them?? Was that the Stars Of Tomorrow? Didn't realise there were different classes on the same grid!
    Yeh stars of tomorrow had a few 600's. Dam fast little things!
    Stars of tomorrow was the best racing all weekend. Think I finished 12 out of 33 but need to check to be 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    ....and a PB also (only by 0.06) but hey, I'll take it!!!!!
    Still counts!!
    There were a few PB's out there this weekend. Good track conditions or did you change something?

Still counts!!
    There were a few PB's out there this weekend. Good track conditions or did you change something?
    Nothing overly different, just working on T9 and 2 mainly. I've got time to play with still only doing 41s. I've set a goal on constant 40s by years end

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Nothing overly different, just working on T9 and 2 mainly. I've got time to play with still only doing 41s. I've set a goal on constant 40s by years end

Actually come to think of it I was trail breaking more into the corners. Not as much as I should, be but from none at all I'm just easing into it.
    Actually I think that's been the biggest improvement in to T2 and 9

Ahaaaa, so you're leaving Vinales to it?!

YEEEEHHHHHH good weekend you could say... Won both Am-Sport 600 outright races... otherwise was in 5th outright in the supersport/Am-sport mix races, in a few i was racing for 4th place outright. Hand damage from ASBK crash was holding me back in the last few laps of each race. New pb. 1:37.8. Also, did Am-sport 600 race on saturday in 9:59:7060... Am-sport 600 race on sunday in 9:59:7070. Both with the same fastest lap 1:38.90 on lap 5 of each race. consistency is goooooooood
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Hahha, that's an amazing efffort Carl!
    You keep finding more time and that consistency is brilliant!!
    Is the hand getting slowly better? Doing and physio??

Would just ache in the outer 2 fingers holding the bar and then had to use my thumb to hold on. Started cramping up after 5 laps... made the braking twitchy and hard to down blip. Slowly getting better.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Didnt do anything special to get the times, so there's definitely more to come. Just tweaking setups and pushing on.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Congrats to everyones riding out there on the weekend. Everyones pace has definitely stepped up and its only rnd 1 😎.

Also a big thanks for everyone doing the right thing as you all came through scrutineering. It helped us to do our job and keep things moving.

If there are things that you see could have been done better, shoot me a pm or email. Mick@craftedperformance.com.au

Cheers

Mick

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Yep agree with all the positive vibes, well organised and no real gripes, was ALOT better than a St George event! As always there was a handful of muppets in C&D that were a danger to themselves and the rest of us. I should have some good footage of Marshy almost being t-boned at turn 5 and the same guy careering through the field a couple of times going into corners 20kmh too fast!

I also randomly had a business meeting last week with an MA board member, we obviously ended up talking more about bikes then business and he had some interesting things to say about the issues we have all discussed on here. I'm happy to chat about it off line.

I'll try to get some vids up of the weekend when I get a chance
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

It's been quite a few years since I've done an FX round, and I was very impressed. It's was well run, scrutineering was sensible (thanks Little Mick!!) and the racing was great. Excellent with live streaming both days. I haven't processed my onboards yet because I've watched the livestream a few times instead!!

Yes, there were some muppets, but overall probably fewer than St George.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    I also randomly had a business meeting last week with an MA board member, we obviously ended up talking more about bikes then business and he had some interesting things to say about the issues we have all discussed on here. I'm happy to chat about it off line.
    I'd be interested to hear what went down. Some changes afoot?

I think FX has a found a great place in competition and also in the calendar. Talking to TON he's simply never going to ask people to race in sub zero conditions. QLD is the location for winter racing!!

Nice work on the results gents. Another one I missed due to other commitments. Just as well as I lunched a gearbox/engine on Tuesday.

I'd be interested to hear what went down. Some changes afoot?
    Me too Wolfie
    I'd be very interested to know if they are listening to us or only hearing what they want to hear from us>
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    Me too Wolfie
    I'd be very interested to know if they are listening to us or only hearing what they want to hear from us>
    They certainly seem to share the same concerns as us and are willing to take control of the situ if the clubs won't do it themselves. I was impressed to be honest, but lets see what happens.....
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Thread Information