Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARDC Private Practice

ARDC Private Practice

Hey all, could anyone give me a brief outline on how these days work. From what I can gather there are 3 car sessions and a bike session (if 10 bikes sign up to do it). How long are the sessions? How many do you normally get in?

Reading around it seems like there are issues with getting cover / power / sometimes just South Circuit.

I'm looking at doing 23rd of August (Brabham Circuit).

Thanks!

biggest issue is cars dropping oil & spastics (myself) losing their shit on the concrete dust and crashing (from a lack of balls not grip)

other than that pretty good, cheap and you can run timers/cameras also no scrutineering of any kind

Doh..... Bummer there Negro....

Also need a MA or AASA race licence Dan.. green pace and above is what I would suggest - by then most people can hold a line- while there are no rules or guidelines for this, on the south circuit in particular it gets pretty messy with race guys and newbs not holding a line/ freaking out when getting passed.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

People holding lines is what I'm looking for!

I'm comfortable in Green so that's good and I have an MA licence as well.

How long are the sessions?
    do a burnout

Hard luck on the crash. What happened? Too much speed for the tight line and went wide? Once the bike was tipped over was hard to get perspective on the track till you stood her up.
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    green pace and above is what I would suggest - by then most people can hold a line- while there are no rules or guidelines for this, on the south circuit in particular it gets pretty messy with race guys and newbs not holding a line/ freaking out when getting passed.
    Well said Mick. I completely agree. On the long circuit it's not nearly as much of an issue.

I love these days! There's a great attitude from everyone, as the focus from the officials is on enjoying your motorsport (car or bike) to the maximum, rather than 'safety, safety, safety'. It's unbelievably refreshing!

Most days are tops, but you sometimes get unlucky with a day that has more oil dropped than normal, and associated cleanup delays. But you get that at ECRD track days too! However, because you've only paid $130 for the day, the care factor is generally lower.

As Negro said, it's essentially race rules (ie no rules). Cameras and laptiming? Yep, all good. Wheelies? You get a big clap from the flaggies, not a 6 month ban! (Within reason though; let's not ruin it for everyone).

Sessions are loooong - a full 20 minutes, and you usually get less of them. 5 to 6 on a normal/good day, but sometimes only 4 or even 3 on a really bad day.

You do need a full Senior National MA licence; a club licence isn't eligible.

I'm going on the 26th July. Anyone else? We need to make sure we get 10 entries in!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I can't make July 26th unfortunately :(
    do a burnout

Sounds like my kind of vibe though and certainly is the right price. Became an ARDC member as well so it's only $105 or something.
    do a burnout

Looking forward to strapping a camera on as well so I can get a look at body positioning and make some notes.
    do a burnout

oh yeah, I keep thinking of the entry plus whole garage cost! It's only $105. Bargain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    biggest issue is cars dropping oil & spastics (myself) losing their shit on the concrete dust and crashing (from a lack of balls not grip)

other than that pretty good, cheap and you can run timers/cameras also no scrutineering of any kind
    What's wrong with it in T1 man??

Btw are you using the Wiz sparky knee pad?? Are we allow to use it on track? It looks sooo cool with the sparks dragging on the floor LOL

Bah I'm going on the 22nd.. we should really organise ARDC more in advanced. ..

If we can get around 90 bikes ARDC will put on a private practice just for us. Did you know that Marshy?? ;-)

I'm in for the 26th. I love the idea of a private practice day JC. I think I could manage to get at least 10 people together for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Lee View Post
    What's wrong with it in T1 man??

Btw are you using the Wiz sparky knee pad?? Are we allow to use it on track? It looks sooo cool with the sparks dragging on the floor LOL
    there was concrete dust on the driving line, I should have just ridden around it but I panicked and stood up.

yeah Wiz Sparkies, can only use them at ARDC days

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    If we can get around 90 bikes ARDC will put on a private practice just for us. Did you know that Marshy?? ;-)
    I did not know that JC! I'm impressed though. I reckon with a little effort we could organise that. Maybe a December pre-xmas day??

Nelso and Leanne were very keen as they can put something up at KSRC forum. Christmas PP sounds good

I would be down for yhat

Im up for the 23rd Aug

Im hoping to be in for 26th... as long as the moons line up and I can pull my finger out and get all the bits in bobs sorted....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I'm keen for that! Can someone point me in the right direction so I can take part, I currently have a MA REC license. I will need to upgrade that to which license? Will that involve a form and some more money or do I have to have a club membership as well? Apologies if this is really simple for you guys, I'm just new to track riding that's not the usual ride days. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I did not know that JC! I'm impressed though. I reckon with a little effort we could organise that. EMaybe a December pre-xmas day??

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm keen for that! Can someone point me in the right direction so I can take part, I currently have a MA REC license. I will need to upgrade that to which license? Will that involve a form and some more money or do I have to have a club membership as well? Apologies if this is really simple for you guys, I'm just new to track riding that's not the usual ride days. Thank you!
    I upgraded mine from MA club to MA senior with just $40 extra few months ago, guess it would be similar?

pricing is on the website from memory
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Yeah, just send MA some more money
    It's really that simple. There's no need for another test or anything.
    You need a Senior National for ARDC days. Club isn't sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Yeah, just send MA some more money
    It's really that simple. There's no need for another test or anything.
    You need a Senior National for ARDC days. Club isn't sufficient.
    Thanks Marshy! It just clicked that i have Friday off, one problem, i have not upgraded my license. Do you think there is a chance of having it by Friday? Would they let me enter with a confirmation or do i need it physically printed on my piece of plastic like MEGA require? Im really keen to get up there and put the go pro on and have some fun
    Last edited by Mouse; 22-07-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Dont forget to get your forms in for the ardc on fri 26th July.. just need a few more ..

Hi Guys, incase anyone was in the same boat as me in regards to taking part in the ARDC Private Practise Days and currently holds a MA Recreational Lic you will need to upgrade to a MA Senior National Lic.

I have just spoken on the phone to both Motorcycling Australia who referred me to Motorcycling NSW (who handle all National Licenses for NSW applicants) and to upgrade you will need to do the the following:

Complete form on MCNSW website and select "upgrade" and Lic Type - http://www.motorcycling.com.au/PDF_F...app_July13.doc
    Send in form along with $201, current MA license and a copy of your current Club Card (you need to be in a club to apply).

Hope this helps anyone wondering out there I like Marshys idea to have a private day before Xmas, but we will need 90 people to make it happen, and you will obviously need to have this License sorted out.

Unfortunately i wont be able to go this Friday as there isnt enough time to get my new License out to me :( I'll be looking forward to the next ARDC day on 26th August!!

Only one form. Will send mine tonight so we should be good to go. Woohoo

Expect to see some good vids!!

Done. Can't wait ...

Can anyone tell me what time to get there tomorrow?

I will be there around 7am , if i try to get there any later the traffic is just woefull from where i come from , i think the gates open around the 7am mark. See you tomorow.

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    I will be there around 7am , if i try to get there any later the traffic is just woefull from where i come from , i think the gates open around the 7am mark. See you tomorow.
    Alright cool, I'll aim for 7!

Freaking awesome day!!! Did PBs - reeled off a bunch of 38s. Perfect weather, loooong sessions with virtually no stoppages at all. Only one accident by a bike, in the first session (rider ok, bike a bit bent). Clean track, great company (heaps of bikes!!!), good times.

Videos to follow....

What Marshy said. A fantastic day, with great company.
    So good to be able to have sooo much fun and not get into trouble for it.
    Still feel bad about the vid Nick. The thought was there :(

Awesome stuff.. looking forward to the vids!

+3!!!

and as for Vids...I took the camera and all...left the memory card at home

Was a lot of fun all round. Even with some slower traffic, lines were held fairly well and overtaking was easy enough.

Great to see everyone out there and have a play.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Had a ball out there on friday, so much more relaxed than a track day and nice to see the carts and other cars out there between our sessions.Managed to tack on the back of a group of 4 riders that were riding at a quicker pace than me and this got me 2 secs off my p.b which I had just beaten on mondays track day by another 2 secs.
    Still a long way to go but slowly getting better and having the video footage to look at position and lines is helping.
    Thanks for the tips Rick .
    Looking forward to the next gp one, well worth putting in anual leave for these.and $105 a great day.

Yeh that was a top day, looking forward to doing it again. Thanks heaps for letting me in your garage, heaps better than sitting in a carport on my own all day.

a couple of the vids from the day..I stuffed up the frame rate conversion so it slowed the sameple rate from NTSC to PAL....:(

Life's too Short- YOLO!

What software you using??

that was using the go pro software.. I had settings from my camera in there and used ot to convert/ trim Joes vids...only after spending the last few days converting uploading, did I realise the error...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Nice one guys, can't wait to get out there on August 23!
    do a burnout

I uploaded a lap, sorry about the bug on the lens lol

http://youtu.be/5piGihLpVOY

I like the camera position Marty.
    I've been playing around with mounts on mine to do something similar.

agreed.. I've seen a couple of swingarm mounted ones that look pretty cool.. don't know how it will fare in the crash though

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    I like the camera position Marty.
    I've been playing around with mounts on mine to do something similar.
    Thanks! It's just a stick on mount on the upper fairing with a couple of pop rivets for security

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Had a ball out there on friday, so much more relaxed than a track day and nice to see the carts and other cars out there between our sessions.Managed to tack on the back of a group of 4 riders that were riding at a quicker pace than me and this got me 2 secs off my p.b which I had just beaten on mondays track day by another 2 secs.
    Still a long way to go but slowly getting better and having the video footage to look at position and lines is helping.
    Thanks for the tips Rick .
    Looking forward to the next gp one, well worth putting in anual leave for these.and $105 a great day.
    Does that mean you cracked into the 48's buddy ?
    Hmmm, I ned to do some work

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Does that mean you cracked into the 48's buddy ?
    Hmmm, I ned to do some work
    48-2...., now pb 46.9 but that means nothin when it comes to race experience that you have over me..I will probably be that nervous that I will miss the start and play catch up .Or get freaked out with all the bikes around me and end up running off the track.

Will you be at the next private practce , I think itsthe full track or track day a few days before on the gp track?

Thread Information