Thread: Pirelli VRRC - Philip Island 26/27 August

Pirelli VRRC - Philip Island 26/27 August

Quick show of hands - who fancies doing the Pirelli nationals at PI this year?

I'm thinking of doing BEARS & Superbike.

Its on August 26/27th........
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

I'd love to, but can't travel at the moment, so I'm out.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Be a big change in Temp from previous BEARS round
    Darwin to PI over 3 week

I might be in!
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

Racing St George and Australasian Superbike Championships in 2017 on:

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Formerly on a Yellow 2000 SV650S (now deceased, thanks to me).

I'm trying to convince others to come along but might need to be a last minute decision.

Brian keep in touch and ill let you know where I get accomodation etc...
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

I'm going. There are a few Tassie guys entered. I'm running my 1299 in super bikes and my EBR in BEARS . Dont you love the extra track time ?! Long term forecast is looking ok too .

Sweet, theres a few of us going but only two racing, yep if you can double enter its good value....
    Team GASD Racing

Double entering makes it all worthwhile. Without it, the track time is a bit limited. I'm out for this year, but hopefully next year I'll be able to go again. I enjoy this event!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Double entering makes it all worthwhile. Without it, the track time is a bit limited. I'm out for this year, but hopefully next year I'll be able to go again. I enjoy this event!
    Fingers crossed mate! I reckon next year you'll be at every race meet!
    Team GASD Racing

Weathers looking a bit average ... wind and a bit of rain and COLD

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...-Forecast.aspx

Intermediates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slow98 View Post
    Intermediates ?
    Unfortunately the regs for my class require Pirelli DOT tyres so normally SuperCorsas but in the wet .... might as well be a slick so I'm trying Rosso IIIs

I have III's on my roadie, brilliant tire

Plenty of time for it to change but wouldn't be PI without at least one wet race - bring it on!
    Team GASD Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    Plenty of time for it to change but wouldn't be PI without at least one wet race - bring it on!
    I don't mind a wet PI. There is a tonne of grip still and the smooth style of flowing corners suits the smoothness you need for wet riding.
    Hope you have a blast!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Totally agree, keep it smooth whilst those around you crash their brains out! Reminds me of St George last year when so many peeps crashed they abandoned the race. Even though it was past 2/3rds distance Jan refused to give those that finished any points!!!! Good old St George, make it up as you go along!
    Team GASD Racing

that all good if your normally smooth ... and like PI ... and not braking in new suspension ... and didn't loose the front up through hayshed last year .... and it'll be windy .... scaredy cat

Guessing you'll both be on wets if it is ...

You'll be fine after you blow the cobwebs out on Friday!

Forecast has just improved dramatically -

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...-Forecast.aspx
    Team GASD Racing

What carnage in the Sunday Superbikes ... many DEAD bikes

Me

Saturday at the Island - epic race

Sunday at the Island ... a day of regret/failure

Ok Saturday was OK Last F5 in the 1st leg after getting into a bit of a battle with Rob on the 748.

Second leg Saturday was FANTASTIC all 4 F5 bikes dualing and for the first few laps maybe 50M spread (Video coming) the Frank N'Cati was leading on the last lap into MG when the Linden forgot where to brake and TMA snuck through (he did the same to Dean on Sunday)

Saturday night I though I try slipping the new forks through and trying that in warmup

BUT it pissed down so missed warmup (and forgot the change)

Leg 3 Sunday was wet and the I when out on Rat Bear 696 with a Rosso III front BUT missed the start and waited 2 Min at Pit exit. Passed TMA and was closing on Dean but ran out of laps - note to self don't send wave the guy on wets out before you when you know they have NEVER raced in the rain

Leg 4 - the suspension change bit hard dropped 11sec (other guys only down 2-3) and finished lapped and dead last ... needed to make multiple apexs at Honda and MG as front end kept tucking

So from leading F5 to around 13 points behind TMA and 1or 2 off Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Second leg Saturday was FANTASTIC all 4 F5 bikes dualing and for the first few laps maybe 50M spread (Video coming) the Frank N'Cati was leading on the last lap into MG when the Linden forgot where to brake and TMA snuck through

Told you its fun in the wet at PI
    Team GASD Racing

Thread Information