Thread: St George Oct 2017

St George Oct 2017

Entry forms are out now for the final round!! Who's in??

http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=w213s2
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I think I may make an appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in.....
    2012 BMW S1000RR

Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

Next year ;-)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Ok, this is getting closer now.....

Can we just go to the track now? I don't wanna wait any longer!

I'm about to get my form off for PP in anticipation!!!!
    Shame it's not "race meet" specific like FX practice, but hey any track times better than none

12 months since my last day at EC. Keen to get the new bike out there!

Not long now!!!! I just put my Private Practice form in to find out theres roll racing fri night and they've booked the circut including the garages!!!!
    So no setting up Friday and leaving gear overnight.

spewing to say the least...

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Not long now!!!! I just put my Private Practice form in to find out theres roll racing fri night and they've booked the circut including the garages!!!!
    So no setting up Friday and leaving gear overnight.

spewing to say the least...

That's a total pain in the ass!! Are they there every Friday? You'd think someone could programme a little better, it's enough of a shit fight on the Saturday morning already!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    That's a total pain in the ass!! Are they there every Friday? You'd think someone could programme a little better, it's enough of a shit fight on the Saturday morning already!!
    That's a ball ache. I was banking on that to get a jump on the day. I've got a set of Tyres to change as well.
    2012 BMW S1000RR

Same happened to me last PCRA round last weekend. It will be crazy on the Saturday morning.

We need to get the gates open early on Saturday, 1/2 an hour to set up and join the queue for scrutineerng is not enough time

Pretty much the reason I couldn't be bothered to enter. It's always a shit fight to get there and scrutineered and get ready. Then usually after a few helicopters come and go during the racing.

As of Wednesday they needed 4 more entries just to cut even
    4 rounds next year
    3 @ EC including the 4hr in July
    1 @ WP in April

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    As of Wednesday they needed 4 more entries just to cut even
    4 rounds next year
    3 @ EC including the 4hr in July
    1 @ WP in April
    Hopefully they get it I'm so keen to do a teams event. A 4hr at EC would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    Pretty much the reason I couldn't be bothered to enter. It's always a shit fight to get there and scrutineered and get ready. Then usually after a few helicopters come and go during the racing.
    And you're not the only one... I know of at least 2 other riders who are not attending for very similar reasons. That's sad as the sport needs all the support it can have...

Im keen as still, we'll just have to get bikes scrutineered, get them on warmers Avd set the rest up once racing starts. Not ideal but at least we're racing

Im keen as still, we'll just have to get bikes scrutineered, get them on warmers Avd set the rest up once racing starts. Not ideal but at least we're racing

^This!!

Anyone need tyres removed and/or fitted before friday??
    I'm home now and got a few days off till we go racing ;-)

msg me on fartbook .. i dont log in much here

I'm in Seven Hills, 2147
    visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

One more sleep !!!!
    We'll also have a tyre machine there tomorrow if anyone needs a flip. Just make it well before 3 as we have to pack it up over night

So round 5 of the BEARS Nationals - F5 ...

1 win 3 2nds ...

BUT TMA 1 2nd 3 Wins ...

The old bloke was on fire particularly on the first lap. In the first race I battled with TMA and Dean and used Franki HP rather than the Fat Blokes skill to come out on top ... lots of redline including in top when slipstreaming so dropped a tooth on the rear for the next 3 legs.

Race 2 fluffed the start and got stuck behind one of the JNRs and a polite MB this allowed Dean and Cosi on lap 2 to come at me. After Cosi took off, Dean and I a bit of a tussel while closing on TMA, By lap 4 1/2 I was clear of Dean and on TMA but couldn't convert (including missing an up change on the final run to the flag... maybe - maybe not)

Race 3 on Sunday saw a double crash on turn 1 off the start 1 down and then 2 hit missing the bike (and maybe 5 on the grass) - stuffed me up for the restart and I ended up in an epic battle with Simon, Andy, Joey and Dean - video coming TMA was just gone by the time I had cleared these 4

Race 4 was a repeat of 3 except not as epic (for me)

Race 5 was going to be damp so was planning to give Rat Bear a run unfortunatily too many delays (Red Flags - thats you Richard) meant we didn't go

Loved the Racing - Frank N'Cati is coming good but still has an annoying stutter off some right hand corners - seems to help if we run extra fuel

"Pissed off" at Fat Bloke for letting the points get away and for using HP not skill - TMA has to finish 2nd or better in 4 races at Broadford to get another F5 Championship while I have to win 4...
    SteveJ - you missed out .... was good

St George Oct 2017

What a tops weekend,apart from few injuries (heal up quick guys) but fun and pretty well run.

A PB for me in Quali so stoked with that.

Bring on FX in 3 weeks!!!!!!!

A bit of light entertainment from the weekend.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    A bit of light entertainment from the weekend.....

Really, nothing? Not a giggle, even? Pleeeeeease somebody validate meeeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Really, nothing? Not a giggle, even? Pleeeeeease somebody validate meeeeeeee!
    I can't help but giggle every time I watch it.

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

for effort ;-)

Where is the photo of you flying

Video of Leg 3 Sunday

first 600cc race of Sunday

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw7A8M6evxw&t=4s
    Last edited by Metal-Man; 14-10-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    visit my page:

Wow that was close!!!
    Great start.

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

I was behind both riders when that happened... from that angle, it looks bad for the rider on the outside but it wasn't exactly the case. I might even have the whole thing on video if I haven't deleted yet.

Nothing like pulling into the pits to an applause like this.

https://youtu.be/Ev5KlbB3RJc

Nothing like pulling into the pits to an applause like this.

https://youtu.be/Ev5KlbB3RJc

It ended just as we were about to learn the secret!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    It ended just as we were about to learn the secret!!!!
    You noticed that

Would the secret handshake unlock it??

Only if I knew it...

For me coming from pretty slow 41s key is (I think) keeping on the ripple strip for longer I’ve watched Owen’s and some of Steve Ms clips, while I’m not at that level definitely longer actually on the ripple strip shoukd help.

???

Here the actual Quali session
    https://youtu.be/SDh0LCE_tCg

Oh... you actually make it to the riple strip? I'm afraid I'm a few steps behind on this whole thing

I was behind both riders when that happened... from that angle, it looks bad for the rider on the outside but it wasn't exactly the case. I might even have the whole thing on video if I haven't deleted yet.
    you should have tried it from my angle ... i braked so hard to avoid hitting the cunts rear tyre and taking both of us out!

Do you have the footage??
    visit my page:

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Wow that was close!!!
    Great start.

nah was a shitty start for me ;-)
    visit my page:

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    you should have tried it from my angle ... i braked so hard to avoid hitting the cunts rear tyre and taking both of us out!
    Sounds like it was almost like what you did to me in Warm up... hence why I was yelling at you on the way in. 'Almost' because our bikes actually touched.

Now, being that it happened after I overtook you on the inside into T6 and you decided to do a kamikaze move around the outside during WARM UP to say I was a bit pissed is an understatement (did I mention it was warm up and not a race??). Thankfully, wiser and calmer people talked me out of confronting you about it. There really wasn't anything to be gained by doing that. But it was the shittiest of the shittiest move, mate...

As for the footage, I'll have a look. I deleted a ton of stuff 'cause my card was nearly full and I needed it for other things.

Ps: It's not my place and I don't really like to do this especially given my skill level but... if I can give you ONE advice, it's focus more on overtaking and less on avoiding being overtaken. You're WAY too aggressive when you get overtaken. More so than anyone else I have ever been on track with and that will end badly at some stage. I honestly hope I'm wrong but not as much as I hope I'm not involved when things do go wrong.

Sounds like it was almost like what you did to me in Warm up... hence why I was yelling at you on the way in. 'Almost' because our bikes actually touched.

Now, being that it happened after I overtook you on the inside into T6 and you decided to do a kamikaze move around the outside during WARM UP to say I was a bit pissed is an understatement (did I mention it was warm up and not a race??). Thankfully, wiser and calmer people talked me out of confronting you about it. There really wasn't anything to be gained by doing that. But it was the shittiest of the shittiest move, mate...

As for the footage, I'll have a look. I deleted a ton of stuff 'cause my card was nearly full and I needed it for other things.

Ps: It's not my place and I don't really like to do this especially given my skill level but... if I can give you ONE advice, it's focus more on overtaking and less on avoiding being overtaken. You're WAY too aggressive when you get overtaken. More so than anyone else I have ever been on track with and that will end badly at some stage. I honestly hope I'm wrong but not as much as I hope I'm not involved when things do go wrong.
    I wish you did come and have "your 2 cents" ... I'm an understanding kinda fella ... If you explained to me the situation at hand on the day and said what had transpired and said I was wrong, or what ever etc, I'd have said sorry in no time flat.
    Unlike other cunts that cut fellow riders off an not give a shit.

anyway, end of story ... what's done is done.
    I don't have a reply to your story on our situation as I don't know where you were on track when it happened, that's why I was shaking my head because I couldn't hear what you were saying.
    next time at the track, feel free to come talk to me mate.
    visit my page:

Nah... like I said, nothing good would have come from it. Imagine how angry you got and that was during a proper race...

Thread Information