Thread: KYA raceing tie downs still available?

KYA raceing tie downs still available?

Howdy, I'm on the hunt for some better ideas to tie down the back of my bikes in the trailer and was planning on using the KYA raceing rear tyre tie downs, http://kyaracing.com.au/road_tyre_down.htm but I've just tried to call the number listed on the web page to confirm they are still available but its come back disconnected. The face book page doesn't have any updates for a while either.

Does anyone know of an alternate but similar product to this one. I'm trying to get away from using a siderweb of tie down straps. I've look at the pitbull system but they don't have a setup to suit my two main bikes.

I'm using wheel chocks for the front of the bikes, so I just need something to secure the rears into position

Grateful for any ideas

Put a wanted add up and you can normally snag some metal rear wheel tie downs. Seen heaps of em pop up on the facebook group if your on it or gumtree. Recently started using these on my new bike and work really well if you can get the tie down point in the right spot. Just watch out for rubbing on the swingarm on certain bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattyoz View Post
    Howdy, I'm on the hunt for some better ideas to tie down the back of my bikes in the trailer and was planning on using the KYA raceing rear tyre tie downs, http://kyaracing.com.au/road_tyre_down.htm but I've just tried to call the number listed on the web page to confirm they are still available but its come back disconnected. The face book page doesn't have any updates for a while either.

Does anyone know of an alternate but similar product to this one. I'm trying to get away from using a siderweb of tie down straps. I've look at the pitbull system but they don't have a setup to suit my two main bikes.

I'm using wheel chocks for the front of the bikes, so I just need something to secure the rears into position

Grateful for any ideas
    I have a couple of similar style but webbing based instead of the steel. I never got around to setting the van or trailers up with the anchor points for the rear so still unused.. Will sell for $100 each.

Let me know if interested and Ill get some pics this weekend

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    I have a couple of similar style but webbing based instead of the steel. I never got around to setting the van or trailers up with the anchor points for the rear so still unused.. Will sell for $100 each.

Let me know if interested and Ill get some pics this weekend

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Cheers for the offer Mick but at this stage I think I will try and hunt down the metal version. The fabric version doesn't look as robust and long term to my eyes.

Thxs for the tips about where to look Binksy

I dunno... I have both and find myself using the fabric version more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Look interesting but one of my bikes is a vfr400 with a single sided swingarm so I don't think that system will work.

Based on Mr Ed advice, I'll have a serious look at the fabric version again v the metal design.

Just go to Bunnings and buy some threaded bar; eg https://www.bunnings.com.au/macsim-2...d-rod_p2410340
    2 screw on eye-lets IMG_0635.JPG, 2 ratchet straps (unless you already have them), and some (flush-mount anchors from SCA http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...e-Mount/386107)

Weld one eye-let on one end of bar,after measuring the correct length of threaded bar needed to go through your rear axle.
    Slide threaded bar through axle, then screw on the other eye-let , then using your anchor points, ratchet down the ass end of ya bike.
    No other restrain system needed.
    It's strong, cheap, and easy to use. ;-)

IMG_0636.JPG
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

btw: if you wanna go with this method and cant weld, lemme know, I can do it for ya ;-)
    visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

Hay Rattyoz, I have one large and one small KYA ... happy to sell. $100ea. PM me if interested. I am located in Sutherland shire.

In interests of full disclosure and FYI. I use the fabric ones these days as they are way better. Easier to store and stow, they don't leave marks on the tyres. Less chance of interference with exhausts and swingarms.

Neat idea Cam. Could just use that red perm threadlock instead of weld?

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Neat idea Cam. Could just use that red perm threadlock instead of weld?
    I can't see why not ;-) (or muffler putty sealant. Which a metal type of material once it's kneeded and applied to the thread, it'll never come off)
    visit my page:

Nice idea Metal Man, but I've decided to go with the fabric version of the tie downs. I picked these tie downs up from ebay in England to do the job

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Warrior-...oAAOSwwzhZWeOU

Got two delivered in less than a week for under 140 bucks.

Phat3r, I may be interested in the small version u have for my RS125. I wont know until after I get my new trailer in Feb and start trying the best methods of loading up the three bikes.

Cheers

Noice, good price & delivered!

I have two of the AceBikes TyreFix ... work really well, fit any sized tyre. And can pack away flat.

I bought some Sato Racing hooks for the little ninga's, i have found they are my fave now, just use a thin strap no ratchet and has best clearance over exhaust.

Sing out if you want to try a TyreDown in either size.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattyoz View Post
    Nice idea Metal Man, but I've decided to go with the fabric version of the tie downs.
    righteo
    visit my page:

Thread Information