Thread: KR133 Tire Pressure

KR133 Tire Pressure

Howdy folks,

Burning up some of the older rubber sitting in the garage, and just came across my KR133 rear old ASC control tire. I remember they ran a higher pressure unlike KR108 pressure but google is letting me down on the recommended pressure? Anyone happen to know a rough number off the top of their head? Hot cold warmers anything would be useful

Cheers

Soft or medium? Some guys were running them down at 18-19 hot, others at 25-26 hot. Either way, they are shit. The softs are a five-lap wonder tyre, and the Mediums are an endurance tyre.... no grip but last forever.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

25-26 hot but on a 600... but yes, the KR108s or even the D212s are a lot better

I prefer a KR108 2 anyday but thought they were pretty good over 35 track temp but finicky. 19-21 hot off the warmer from memory (soft). When they work they are not far off a 2 but the window is a lot smaller .

Thanks all ended up getting okay wear out of them. Felt a bit spinny but got through a day on them and didnt have to use a new tire for track days . Fairly sure it was a medium.

That's what I find with them as well... they spin a lot easier than the other Dunlop rears. Especially when the track is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    That's what I find with them as well... they spin a lot easier than the other Dunlop rears. Especially when the track is hot.

Yup, had mine spin a whole rotation at PI. Fucking shit tyres.

Guys, I was thinking running for the first time KR108 med-soft or KR108 med-hard with a KR106 front at PI on my 1299 . Ive only ever run Pirellis. Any tips for pressures , expectation etc.

Are these rotating on the rim due to low pressures ? Mounted without lube ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slow98 View Post
    Guys, I was thinking running for the first time KR108 med-soft or KR108 med-hard with a KR106 front at PI on my 1299 . Ive only ever run Pirellis. Any tips for pressures , expectation etc.

Are these rotating on the rim due to low pressures ? Mounted without lube ?
    20psi (cold track) to 24psi (hot track) hot off the warmer. You won't spin a KR108 on the rim.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Thanks. Fronts ?

Thanks. Fronts ?
    30-34 off the warmer for a KR106.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Thanks. Fronts ?
    35 on a litrebike in hot temps

At PI in the cold, as Nelso says, I'm at 30 on the fronts. 35 in the heat at the Creek. 34 most places in more average weather.

Treat the fronts like an SC Pirelli then.

Treat the fronts like an SC Pirelli then.
    Yes. They feel very very similar. It's only on the absolute maximum lean, mid-turn in slow corners, that I can tell the difference between the Dunlop front and the Pirelli. If it wasn't for that bit, I wouldn't know.

Thread Information