Thread: December double-header

December double-header

What a weekend! It was blisteringly hot yesterday, but actually still quite grippy on track. The motor suffered a lack of power! Today was unreal.... perfect weather, and lots of laps (hardly any stoppages). I've just put in Ohlins FKR fork carts (the new pressurised 25mm jobbies) and OH MY GOD!!! These things are the tits! Unbelievable.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Good stuff Nick. I hear there is a bit of resurfacing going on over the break also.

T1 I gather. Just as I was starting to get used to the bumps

I'd thought about skipping the last session, but decided to go out with Brett and Wolfie. I'd been complaining to Brett that my bike felt awesome but I was wringing its neck to do a 39, and I wasn't sure what was going on.
    He suggested I tag onto Wolfie again, as we usually drag each other around to better times. So we all headed out together, and Brett pulled in front of me, and I could see his body language was indicating 'tag on'. Then he took off and I followed. We had a fair run through the traffic, and I rode like I was possessed to a 37.7. Did it pretty easy.
    I went straight up to Brett afterwards and thanked him. Wolfie was immediately thanking ME! He'd been stuck on my back wheel and done a 38.0, which is a gixxer PB for him, and only a few tenths off an outright PB.
    As is often the case with these things, the last session made the whole weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one Marshy!! Sounds like a top weekend. Gutted I couldn't quite make it out.
    Yeah, I heard we're not getting ride days in Jan because of the T1 re-surfacing!
    Should be great. It has needed a re-do for a while, as opposed to the patch work they have been doing.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Well done on the last session guys, good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    T1 I gather. Just as I was starting to get used to the bumps

I'd thought about skipping the last session, but decided to go out with Brett and Wolfie. I'd been complaining to Brett that my bike felt awesome but I was wringing its neck to do a 39, and I wasn't sure what was going on.
    He suggested I tag onto Wolfie again, as we usually drag each other around to better times. So we all headed out together, and Brett pulled in front of me, and I could see his body language was indicating 'tag on'. Then he took off and I followed. We had a fair run through the traffic, and I rode like I was possessed to a 37.7. Did it pretty easy.
    I went straight up to Brett afterwards and thanked him. Wolfie was immediately thanking ME! He'd been stuck on my back wheel and done a 38.0, which is a gixxer PB for him, and only a few tenths off an outright PB.
    As is often the case with these things, the last session made the whole weekend!

That's good to know. I went out a couple of bikes after you guys and followed you around for the whole session slowly reeling you guys in (hoping to catch you, but couldn't quite get there as you were going too fast!!!), but I had no idea what sort of times I was doing. It's nice to know I wasn't going too bad after having so much time off the bike. My new years resolution is going to be to do more track riding and racing next year!
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Was good fun and needed but wasn't a few tenths off my PB mate, got a bit further to go just yet! 🙃
    Maybe with turn 1 smoothed out we can both do outright PB's.....😉

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    Maybe with turn 1 smoothed out we can both do outright PB's.....
    Can’t wait to get Int’l T1 once it’s done!!!!

Yeh let's hope they don't screw it up in some way! Should make a big difference, Marshy you might even learn to love turn 1?!

Once I got the suspension dialed in (and when I say 'I' what I really mean is everyone from Stu and Carl kitson to Rob) T1 became sooooooooooooooooooo awesome! Bumps or not the bottleneck was my balls or the lack of... didn't have a single moment there since!

Yeh let's hope they don't screw it up in some way! Should make a big difference, Marshy you might even learn to love turn 1?!
    I’ve got so me footage some where of marshy following me, funny thing is I had “computer issues” and T1 and only T1 seemed to record

Marshy you might even learn to love turn 1?!
    I would like to love it, I really would. It just scares the shit out of me, every single time. Funny thing is, T12 at PI is maybe more 'scary' but I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I’ve got so me footage some where of marshy following me, funny thing is I had “computer issues” and T1 and only T1 seemed to record

The thing that worked for me is having reference points. Once you know the bike will go through at X pace on Y line, it just becomes muscle memory.
    The biggest hurdle I had recently was the change in bike capacity and corner entry, I had no idea how fast or slow I should be going!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    The thing that worked for me is having reference points. Once you know the bike will go through at X pace on Y line, it just becomes muscle memory.
    The biggest hurdle I had recently was the change in bike capacity and corner entry, I had no idea how fast or slow I should be going!!
    Do you reckon you will remember how to ride by the time you get that engine working again!
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Do you reckon you will remember how to ride by the time you get that engine working again!
    Hahahaha, maybe not. Will still be throwing around my un-qualified opinion tho!!

Thread Information