At the last St George meet of the year, last BEARS race of the weekend, I left the pits to grid up, when mid-lap my motor started making a funny noise.
I set up on the grid and had a look around for the noise. Assuming I'd caught something in the chain that eventually dis-lodged, I forgot about it and started the race.
Unfortunately the noise came back and somewhere around the middle of T1, on the outside, I lost drive and my rear eventually locked up, flicking me off.
Upon investigation, I found my right boot was covered in oil and metal filings. These metal filings turned out to be a bit of a 'new feature' of my motor

Further investigation uncovered a crack in the clutch casing..

Further investigation still and I think I may have found what was causing the weird metal-on-metal noise!
It looks like one of my clutch springs has let go and the pressure plate bolt has backed itself out and then sheared off.

I drained the oil to see how much of it got elsewhere... here's the magnetic sump plug doing it's best to help out.

Then pulled out the clutch basket to see how the crank was looking...
Pretty much the thing I least wanted to see, looks like the metal filings from the clutch spring have gotten into the conrod journals then fused to and spun the bearing...

Seems like the best thing to do now is to pull the motor right down, clean all the metal filings out, and fix whatever other damage might be lurking, before it does anymore harm!