Thread: Off Season Project - Engine Rebuild S1000RR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hahaha, thanks Rob. I think the fact that the noise went away when I stopped, caught my better judgment out!
    So yeah you're right... operation pull down!

I pulled off the stator cover from the other side, to see if any of the filings had made their way through...
    The flywheel is magnetised and a stack of metal filings had gotten through and got stuck to the flywheel. They built up, grinding away between the flywheel and stator.

I've seen enough! Time to drop the motor. First step was draining the coolant, then the full exhaust off, followed by the tank, air box and ECU out...

The upper and lower injectors all came out fine, then it was just a case of unplugging anything that was plugged into the motor.

We gradually cranked up the front and back of the chassis, so it was high enough to sit on the fully extended peg stands and a milk crate.

A few final checks to check everything was clear and we could lift the chassis clean off.

Next step was onto the engine stand then flipped to start heading in!

Oil pan off and wow, what a mess, metal filings everywhere!!

Oh dear, just look at the discolouration of the conrod caps and the crank! It must have been experiencing some pretty high heat!

Oil pump out, water pump out, time to split the cases!

FUCK!! This does not look good at all.... those conrods and that crank look a mess. Best get the caps off and see what's happened to the bearings...

Fuck....

Fuck...

Fuck...

DOUBLE FUCK!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Thread Information