The next stage now that the motor is all back together is to get some oil in there.
I could have attempted cleaning my old oil cooler, but with so many metal filings in and around the motor, I don't want to take any chances given I can't see inside.
I happened to have a spare fitted up, so on it goes. Last step is a new oil filter too before filling her up with new oil.

\

It's a good start, outside is dry and inside no longer looks like Goldschlager!!

The next step before fitting it back into the bike is to prime the oil and pump. Whilst I did put assembly lube and plenty of motor oil all around the insides, the first few seconds of running after a rebuild can do a lot of damage, if there isn't oil where it needs to be right away.
The S1000RR has a handy 17mm nut at the end of the crank so you can run the system up to pressure with a drill as opposed to the starter motor or even the ignition sequence.
The best way is to keep the spark plugs removed and the cold out so there is as little load as possible happening inside.

Here is my handy oil primer tool. We cranked it over for a few seconds at a time, getting more and more oil picked up. Before long, we had full pressure in the system and everything was sounding pretty good.
It should be noted that we turn the motor over by hand before attempting this, just to check that everything was moving freely and not making any weird noises.

Ok, so that all went well, time to put some new plugs in..

Re-fit the coils..

Now it's ready to go back in the motor. I don't have an engine stand specific to the BMW, but there are some useful spots you can fit rather large bolts to.
This made it easy to support the motor in just the right spot with axel stands.
Then it was just a case of hoisting the rolling chassis up, sliding the motor underneath, and lowering it back down.

Then bolt the frame to the motor and we have a bike!!

Home stretch now, so time to connect up the exhaust, loom, sensors, lower injectors, thermostat and air box...

Followed by the front sprocket, chain, breathers, upper injectors and ECU...

Then the last of the fluids, re-attach the radiator then add demineralised water in the cooling system, then fit up the tank with some fuel!

Nothing else for it but the moment of truth.....