So, not much else to pull apart really. Down to and engine block and a table full of parts...

I've been cleaning all the engine parts as I go, making sure to get rid of any metal filings, dust and dirt from everywhere. This included flushing out all of the oil galleries and pump internals to make sure I didn't have a repeat of the same issue.
I figure it's also a good plan, while I'm in here, to clean up the piston heads and get rid of any carbon build up from the cylinder walls too.
I don't want anything too abrasive on the piston heads so the best method seems to be Scotch Brite, WD40, and elbow grease!

As we saw, the oem conrods were all fried so I took it as a great excuse to get fancy new H-Beam conrods and high performance ARP bolts.
The machining on these is astonishingly good. You can barely tell there is a split for the caps, to the point I thought there was an error!
They were also all within 0.2 of a gram of eachother.

Removing the old conrods was relatively simple, just release the two circlips either side of the wrist pins then press out the wrist pins from the pistons.
Fitting of the new ones was the same in reverse, taking care to put them the correct way around.

There aren't very many road or race K's on this motor so replacing the rings just wasn't needed. Once I'd cleaned oiled and gapped them correctly, then cleaned the cylinder walls, back in they go...